Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14377659 05/26/22 03:17 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I would bet a good number of people would pizz themselves if they got shot at.

I agree Bob, but how does a christian man armed stand outside and do nothing? We should be the first to protect knowing we will see jesus if we die, at least give yourself and those kids a chance. I guess if everything's the same except you save even one life it's worth it. The consequences of doing nothing and having to live with it is much worse, then getting killed for a christian.

We don't know. Perhaps he was following orders.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14377665 05/26/22 03:23 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
I would bet a good number of people would pizz themselves if they got shot at.

I agree Bob, but how does a christian man armed stand outside and do nothing? We should be the first to protect knowing we will see jesus if we die, at least give yourself and those kids a chance. I guess if everything's the same except you save even one life it's worth it. The consequences of doing nothing and having to live with it is much worse, then getting killed for a christian.

We don't know. Perhaps he was following orders.

ok sure hard for me to understand tho

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377667 05/26/22 03:25 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I say it all the time....just because you have a firearm, doesn't mean that you have the fortitude to use it when the time comes. I've seen several people lockup and not know what to do when the sh.. hits the fan.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377677 05/26/22 03:38 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
Maybe they couldn't get a key and open the day ...

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377685 05/26/22 03:45 PM
6BOOMER Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
All people will have their opinions, first you must think, this is rural Texas. Population of mayby 16k people, not north Texas where everything is fairly close. The nearest large PD is 80 miles east and 65 miles west. I saw units leaving Del Rio at approx 1140 that morning. How many police officers can Uvalde have on one shift. How many school cops do they have? Look at the photo's there is more DPS and Federal LEO's than Uvalde Officers were on scene. They do have the Sherrifs office but how many? Actually they were lucky so many DPS units are deployed to the area. Many Agents and DPS are patrolling down south toward Eagle Pass. There is driving time in such rural area's. There were also two BP Bortac Agents and One Borstar Agent at the scene after the School Police. They are highly trained and don't just rush into any scene. They put a plan together and execute. The one hit was off duty but in the area. So just think there has to be some time before enough LEO's can get to the area in such a a rural community. Lets wait for judgement when they investigate everthing not just the couch crew that thinks they are the investigative team.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377687 05/26/22 03:46 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I don't know why the delay happened so not gonna comment on it until more information is gathered. I'm not defending their actions either though. I just don't personally have enough info to form an opinion on it yet.

As a general comment those commenting should take a second and realize that you have a ton more information of the situation now than any officer does when they arrive on scene. You all have the luxury of knowing a whole lot more than the first arriving officers. When you pull up on chaos and tragedy it's a bit harder to have all the info you need in first seconds of the incident. Much easier to say what someone should of done when you have information that they did not have.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: 6BOOMER] #14377696 05/26/22 03:58 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 6BOOMER
All people will have their opinions, first you must think, this is rural Texas. Population of mayby 16k people, not north Texas where everything is fairly close. The nearest large PD is 80 miles east and 65 miles west. I saw units leaving Del Rio at approx 1140 that morning. How many police officers can Uvalde have on one shift. How many school cops do they have? Look at the photo's there is more DPS and Federal LEO's than Uvalde Officers were on scene. They do have the Sherrifs office but how many? Actually they were lucky so many DPS units are deployed to the area. Many Agents and DPS are patrolling down south toward Eagle Pass. There is driving time in such rural area's. There were also two BP Bortac Agents and One Borstar Agent at the scene after the School Police. They are highly trained and don't just rush into any scene. They put a plan together and execute. The one hit was off duty but in the area. So just think there has to be some time before enough LEO's can get to the area in such a a rural community. Lets wait for judgement when they investigate everthing not just the couch crew that thinks they are the investigative team.

This backs up the need for prevention more than reaction.

if doors are locked and shooter shoots way in then get better doors to slow them down. Re think windows and egress , budget for more of a true security presences vs a casual one.

I am also not opposed to making the modern day age of adult older as well. We all need to acknowledge the signs were there whether it was locals, grandma, or whom ever sold the guns the alarm wasn't sounded and if it was it was "blown" off.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377697 05/26/22 03:59 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
I understand that police are not legally required to protect us. Also, I don't know what resources the LEOs had on hand during the initial moments. However, they are armed and have some level of training and proficiency with firearms and tactics. They my not have had a .223 rifle with them, but they had numbers.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377706 05/26/22 04:05 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
We've been burning up our texts....because they failed to follow current training.... you're supposed to go...no matter what

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377712 05/26/22 04:14 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Hers some facts, the officer that took this clown out was a BP special agent, I know him but will not share his name on here. He was grazed in the head by a bullet shot through the wall and took one in the foot as well. He was off duty and showed up to assist and decided to go in and take the POS out. Had dinner with him a few weeks ago night before a tournament and he fishes bass champs south and is a hammer. He’s a class act man and is a true hero end of story.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: txmasterpo] #14377716 05/26/22 04:17 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
We've been burning up out texts....because they failed to follow current training.... you're supposed to go...no matter what

100% from the training we went through with SWAT before I retired, there are certain targets you go now and evaluate later.

But at the end of the day many people will not go, they will focus on their own risk assessment. Many of us will likely "lock up" in those situations.

#MFGA
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377767 05/26/22 04:55 PM
G
gdr_11 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
Personally, I see no benefit to criticizing or second guessing any of the LEO who were at the scene. Unless you are a full time tactical team or SWAT member, you can spend 20 years on the force and never encounter or be prepared for a situation like this. Conversely, some guys will charge headlong into a suicide effort without a second thought if it means a chance of saving even one life. Each officer at the scene will do their own reliving of this incident and their response for the rest of their lives, as will those who gave any specific orders; it does us no good to be armchair quarterbacks even with specific field experience in similar situations.

Anytime there is a school shooting this comes up but I always consider one reality: Police Officers and Teachers are similar in one way; some are true professionals committed to the job and willing to sacrifice anything, some are there for the pay and the benefits, and some have no business being in those roles. There is no way those of us out here can identify with the individual responses on that day, even if we or those we know/trained/led would have done things differently.

The only one I single out is the Border Patrol officer who responded and executed his personal mission effectively. He succeeded while others tried and failed and yet others waited. That's the way it has always been.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #14377778 05/26/22 05:05 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Hers some facts, the officer that took this clown out was a BP special agent, I know him but will not share his name on here. He was grazed in the head by a bullet shot through the wall and took one in the foot as well. He was off duty and showed up to assist and decided to go in and take the POS out. Had dinner with him a few weeks ago night before a tournament and he fishes bass champs south and is a hammer. He’s a class act man and is a true hero end of story.

Please thank him for his service and much respect from me for his Courage and Honor. A true hero for sure.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: D.O.C.989] #14377789 05/26/22 05:17 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by D.O.C.989

Please thank him for his service and much respect from me for his Courage and Honor. A true hero for sure.

cheers

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: D.O.C.989] #14377798 05/26/22 05:25 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by D.O.C.989

Will do sir, myself and a group of guy that are regulars on here and a rod manufacturer gonna send him a little token of our appreciation

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide