Print Thread
3 days of fishing with my BFF #14374793 05/23/22 02:42 PM
A
avid_basser Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
My buddy Lance flew in from Indianapolis for an extended weekend for some relaxion and fishing. We spent 3 days on the water Fri - Sun. I can now tell you, I have a new found appreciation for those braving the winds day in day out as a profession.

Friday:
Buddy landed at DFW, I pick him up with boat in tow and headed to Lewisville (Hickory Creek Ramp). Launched and fish the cove while the wind started blowing. Once we had fished through there, we headed out other protected coves. Water temps were near 80 and with the wind water temps dropped a tad but started to muddy. Braving the white caps a few times, we spot locked on points and fished the best we could. Overall, 4 keepers and a multi-species day. Largemouth, Spotted, Sand / White, catfish, and a lovely surprise a turtle.
Fishing time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Saturday:
We launched out of Sanger ramp on Ray Bob. Headed to Johnson Branch arm. We spot locked on a point and had one hell of first 15 minutes of the day. We caught 6 within that time. Nothing bigger than 2.5, but man was that a riot. We then ran from there to another point. Locked down and I dumped a stud of a fish. Came up and shook her head free. Was totally bummed. After catching a few more small ones...we started running points for the day. The day overall was a great day. We caught many fish, multiple species, and biggest was around 3 / 3.5. Water temps dropped as the air temps dropped. We watched the weather roll in, change from warm to chilly rather quick and the bite SHUT DOWN.
Fishing time: 6:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Sunday:
It was freezing for in being late May! Launched at Buck Creek. Went South to a point just south of the old rail road running lane. Didn't catch anything other than waves over bow. Watched several other boats running South...one had a nice HUK jacket fly out. White Vexus fiberglass boat. We tried to whistle and get their attention to no avail. So we motored over and picked it up. Fished the opening into Indian and caught a small one. Then made our way back N into a pocket (not sure the name) caught a few more smaller ones. My buddy was flipping a tube and had one hellacious bite. It was the largest gar both he and I had seen in all 3 trips. It snapped his line off with ease after a few surges. We then headed back to the ramp area and fished the rip rap. Caught a few more then called it a day. We fished until 12:30 as his flight was at 5 PM. Back to that HUK jacket, we put it on the back of their pickup bed so I'm hoping they found it and were happy.
Fishing time: 6:30 AM - 12:30 PM

Cliff Notes: Wind sucks! But it doesn't slow down the fishing.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 3 days of fishing with my BFF [Re: avid_basser] #14374795 05/23/22 02:46 PM
Collindave Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
nice recount! sounds like you guys at least caught a few! the wind has been brutal, although I wouldn't mind it blowing a bit this summer to keep the temps down.

Re: 3 days of fishing with my BFF [Re: avid_basser] #14374911 05/23/22 05:12 PM
A
avid_basser Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
Thanks man...we put in work for the bites. Have pictures, but nothing worth bragging about.

We did hear that a Charger went down on Saturday. We didn't see it, but heard from the boat who helped. It wasn't a good day for that family.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide