Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,002
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Douglas J] #14370215 05/17/22 06:01 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Douglas J
It would be cool if someone could do some interviews with some of the guys mentioned. Not really for fishing info, but just to hear the way they think about what they've accomplished.

Agreed.

I tried to interview Mike Long 15 years ago and he got really angry and blocked me. After sucking him off a bit and getting him to think I was a fan boy I asked why guys said he was using live trout and why he never won a tournament unless he was fishing solo in a two man team event. And why does he never have cast to catch video like every 15 year old kid had... He replied "Bye DH" and blocked me.

Awww that was fun.

That was well before the truth came out. A lot of people in So Cal knew. Just never had the proof.

But Butch, he seems super mellow and just down to earth. Sounds like any other guy you would meet on a ramp. No ego, doesn't think what he's accomplished makes him any kind of big shot. Big Bass fishing needs a Superhero... Our Ironman. Because that guy with the pony tail, hes great, but man hes a dick.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14370230 05/17/22 06:16 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
It would be cool if someone could do some interviews with some of the guys mentioned. Not really for fishing info, but just to hear the way they think about what they've accomplished.

Agreed.

I tried to interview Mike Long 15 years ago and he got really angry and blocked me. After sucking him off a bit and getting him to think I was a fan boy I asked why guys said he was using live trout and why he never won a tournament unless he was fishing solo in a two man team event. And why does he never have cast to catch video like every 15 year old kid had... He replied "Bye DH" and blocked me.

Awww that was fun.

That was well before the truth came out. A lot of people in So Cal knew. Just never had the proof.

But Butch, he seems super mellow and just down to earth. Sounds like any other guy you would meet on a ramp. No ego, doesn't think what he's accomplished makes him any kind of big shot. Big Bass fishing needs a Superhero... Our Ironman. Because that guy with the pony tail, hes great, but man hes a dick.

ML had so many red flags its hillarious. Amazing what you can get away with being a "nice guy" like ive heard he was

Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14370266 05/17/22 06:33 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Agreed.

Awww that was fun.

I met JJ at Dobyns one day and he was very personable and a pleasant young man. Everyone has the opportunity to form their own opinions.

Are you from California?

#MFGA
Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14370351 05/17/22 07:42 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Dan-o is indeed from Cali

Jesus loves all of us
Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Frank the Tank] #14370451 05/17/22 09:12 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Now the trip to Trinidad to go "fishing" makes more sense.

Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: bockscar] #14370566 05/17/22 11:17 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by bockscar

Agreed.

Awww that was fun.

ML had so many red flags its hillarious. Amazing what you can get away with being a "nice guy" like ive heard he was

He was more patient with me than his "Friend" AND his friends 8 year old kid.

He threatened both of them when they questioned why he had a fish tank in his garage with several 6-7lb bass packed into it...right next to his boats live well. And he seemed to weigh in a lot of fish that looked just like those.

And yes I am from Cali... and old Mike knows who I am. He can sue me if I am saying anything not true.

Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: bockscar] #14370571 05/17/22 11:21 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Now the trip to Trinidad to go "fishing" makes more sense.

I know not of what you speak... the trout fishing there is most excellent.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14371931 05/19/22 02:04 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Butch had a very special thing going on in small unique lakes with highly restricted access. I've tried a few times to reach out to him and have never been able to chat with him. Any way you spin it, to my knowledge he's caught more big bass than anyone who has ever lived. (That includes Murphy and Hannon).

JJ... I do think his run in Feb of last year is probably one of the greatest achievements in big bass history in my opinion. He's been bass fishing for 3 years. He's just getting started... this story will take some time to tell.

Last edited by Jpurdue; 05/19/22 02:06 PM.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: The GOAT of Big Bass Fisherman... and its not even close. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14372127 05/19/22 04:59 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I totally agree that there are Ol' Timers down on the border that have been fishing Falcon and Sugar for years probably have accumulated some serious #'s. I know Matt Reed has caught hundreds of DD's and he hasn't been down there nearly as long as others.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide