Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366244 05/12/22 08:09 PM
T
Teeners boat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
This is why I do all of the work myself. It may take longer but it gets done and done correctly & not hurried. Except for tape, floating & texturing, I really suck big time at that. Also granite work, wont even attempt it.

Reality. What a concept!
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366349 05/12/22 10:28 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
Good luck with all that! My guy was to busy, so he brought in some strange peeps. They destroyed my door frames and did a freakin horrible job. Very disappointed my guy subbed that out.

[Linked Image]
Could fit my entire finger between the door frame and floor.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Dave-0] #14366527 05/13/22 02:16 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by Dave-0
Good luck with all that! My guy was to busy, so he brought in some strange peeps. They destroyed my door frames and did a freakin horrible job. Very disappointed my guy subbed that out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just shove some white caulk in it 🤣🤣🤣

Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366530 05/13/22 02:24 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Not a fan of Home Depot and Lowe’s contractors last time I jacked with one I had new carpet put in my last house . I had forgot he was coming that day he called from a number I didn’t recognize. I answer the phone and he says yes are you the one with this cheap [censored] carpet at such and such adress ? I was like who the ? What the f***? Yah that’s my adress [censored] keys under the mat . They did alright but I was completely blown away with his customer service tactics . Retarded I could have bought it and found my own [censored] to install it if I knew I was going to get that .

Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366541 05/13/22 02:38 AM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Mudshark
They just called and said they are coming tomorrow. bang

Don't hold your breath.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Rayzor] #14366557 05/13/22 02:51 AM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by Mudshark
They just called and said they are coming tomorrow. bang

Don't hold your breath.

I have an important conference call at 10:00. The wife won’t be here. I went ahead and disconnected everything again just in case. Poncho will have to move it out himself or wait until I get off my call.

[Linked Image]

Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366563 05/13/22 02:57 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
I am waiting on a pool pump and filter install.
Next Friday. Been waiting 2 weeks already. Miserable. I piped the old pump equipment and had a suction leak after nearly 2 years. It was almost impossible to keep primed and then the filter lid failed.
My kids want to fill it with blue gill.
Would you like to have an OT perch jerk contest. I could trap blue gill and we could sit around the pool and catch fish. Bring the mosquito spray.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366564 05/13/22 03:00 AM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I just had cabinets and granite installed by lowes. Every sub and person I had contract with was great. Their system is now that once you make the buy you deal with a central scheduler. It was a lengthy process but turned out good.

Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: TR176] #14366587 05/13/22 03:34 AM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TR176
I just had cabinets and granite installed by lowes. Every sub and person I had contract with was great. Their system is now that once you make the buy you deal with a central scheduler. It was a lengthy process but turned out good.

[Linked Image]

So far, they are sucking for me

[Linked Image]

Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366596 05/13/22 03:49 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Unless you grossly overpay, subs are awful right now.

My brother signed a contract on a custom home last september, construction loan awarded in October. Builder say 8 months. They're 6 months in and framing isn't done. They still have plumbing, electrical, masonry, HVAC, flooring, cabinets, tile, paint, trim, appliances, doors, windows, roof, etc....

To make matters worse, the builder charged my brother a $25k "surcharge" for lumber prices. His standard package which he signed includes zip system sheathing. When he sheated it last week, he used some cardboard-type stuff called "thermo-barricade". My brother asked him about it and he said he can't make money with the price of zip. My brother said "well I paid a $25k surcharge and the contract says zip system". He said, "don't care, it would cost me $15k extra just to use zip system." Again he reiterated that it was in the contract explicitly to use zip and he would even take some compensation at closing to live with the cheaper stuff, and builder said no. My brother is looking for a lawyer to consult on the situation. This is a bigtime builder with 100+ houses going, so it'll be interesting. I'm tempted to find the other houses he's using substandard materials on and leave notes for those homeowners to potentially have a group lawsuit in order to limit legal costs.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Dave-0] #14366597 05/13/22 03:51 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's not acceptable at all. I'd have them back over there fixing that asap.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Nickbyrd] #14366630 05/13/22 09:29 AM
T
Teeners boat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
[quote=Nickbyrd][quote=Dave-0]Good luck with all that! My guy was to busy, so he brought in some strange peeps. They destroyed my door frames and did a freakin horrible job. Very disappointed my guy subbed that out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How awful OMG My granddaughter could do better than that. For the best results it's called a flush cut saw or just use one of those oscillating tools to achieve similar but not as good results.

Reality. What a concept!
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Teeners boat] #14366851 05/13/22 03:27 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
[quote=Nickbyrd][quote=Dave-0]Good luck with all that! My guy was to busy, so he brought in some strange peeps. They destroyed my door frames and did a freakin horrible job. Very disappointed my guy subbed that out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How awful OMG My granddaughter could do better than that. For the best results it's called a flush cut saw or just use one of those oscillating tools to achieve similar but not as good results.

That was a bad deal all around. I heard them using the oscillating multi tool, just wasn't watching what they were doing. This is the reason I don't ask for help with hardly anything. I might need advice, but I'm DOING it myself! That sub my guy hired, left his garbage, including a bunch of beer bottles, all over my front yard. Didn't clean up anything.

Mud, I know you're expecting these people, but I really hope your not putting your expectations too high.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Mudshark] #14366867 05/13/22 03:44 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I guess I was lucky.
The guys who was contracted to do my flooring used the same grinder they used to level the foundation to pull the grout out under the fireplace facing in front of the fireplace. The flooring then went just under the slot they made and it looks perfect. No grout needed.

I believe I still have my contractors phone numbers if anyone wants flooring, interior painting or sheetrock work.

*Here is another shot. Why don't we make a list of good contractors and paste it at the top of the DIY sub forum?

Re: The floor people didn’t show up! [Re: Dave-0] #14366908 05/13/22 04:27 PM
B
Brandon Adamcik Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Teeners boat

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That was a bad deal all around. I heard them using the oscillating multi tool, just wasn't watching what they were doing. This is the reason I don't ask for help with hardly anything. I might need advice, but I'm DOING it myself! That sub my guy hired, left his garbage, including a bunch of beer bottles, all over my front yard. Didn't clean up anything.

Mud, I know you're expecting these people, but I really hope your not putting your expectations too high.

Hey, I know a guy….

Czechfish
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide