I’m all for work visas

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361406 05/06/22 01:31 PM
D
Donpilot Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
D
I am against illegal immigration. My problem is we are already feeding and housing them, put them to work flipping burgers.20 minutes in a drive-thru because of no help is ridiculous. Just get something for our money.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361432 05/06/22 01:53 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Donpilot
I am against illegal immigration. My problem is we are already feeding and housing them, put them to work flipping burgers.20 minutes in a drive-thru because of no help is ridiculous. Just get something for our money.

lol , this one cracks me up. I am not feeding and housing anyone just because they may not be documented doesn't mean you are paying their way. Your burger joint is just a bunch of yoods that are not managed worth a darn.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361436 05/06/22 01:57 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
We have normalized the term “illegal alien” and forget the fact these are criminals the minute they set foot in our country. They are no different than a robber who does not want to wait and buy something legally, so they go out and steal it. Yet, we hire these criminals, we rent houses to these criminals, and never consider the fact they are “illegal”.

A country without secure borders is not a country.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: HasBen] #14361441 05/06/22 02:03 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by HasBen
We have normalized the term “illegal alien” and forget the fact these are criminals the minute they set foot in our country. They are no different than a robber who does not want to wait and buy something legally, so they go out and steal it. Yet, we hire these criminals, we rent houses to these criminals, and never consider the fact they are “illegal”.

A country without secure borders is not a country.

I do not disagree with you at all, but I also do not think lowly of them as a culture. In fact I think considerably more of them than I do many of our friendly residents that are "legal"

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361465 05/06/22 02:42 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
I have zero problems with them working here. What I would want to see is them coming here legally and paying their fair share of the taxes too. As it stands, they make the cash and send a lot of it back to Mexico. Never pay a damn cent in helping the tax burden of other people.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Tiltman] #14361466 05/06/22 02:45 PM
D
Donpilot Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
D
Originally Posted by Tiltman

lol , this one cracks me up. I am not feeding and housing anyone just because they may not be documented doesn't mean you are paying their way. Your burger joint is just a bunch of yoods that are not managed worth a darn.

Someone is feeding and housing them! Do you pay taxes?

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361470 05/06/22 02:50 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
Trump tried to get this corrected by getting rid of DACA and sending the immigration issue to Congress. Unfortunately, Congress did what it always does and took the easy route and sued to have it reinstated. HOW the courts ever agreed that it was legal is beyond me. We need to fix our immigration laws and put an end to the madness. Close the borders so we can know who is coming in, make becoming a citizen or legal resident much easier and less time consuming, and get these people on the tax rolls. It's just not that difficult. Will it cost some politicians votes? Maybe. Who cares? Of course, once they are legal, things like maid services at hotels, lawn care, building, farming, etc. will all go up in prices and people are going to complain about that...

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361481 05/06/22 03:02 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D

They live, 12 people in a 2 bedroom mobile home and use cash for everything. Many of them live a much more raw way of life then our cultured western ways. Some of my direct from Mexico friends are super hard working people, but have no problem killing some goat or chicken and cooking it on the spot.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: angleiron] #14361482 05/06/22 03:02 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by angleiron
Also prisoners should be put to work. Would help us compete with China.

I agree 100%. Put them all to work on our roads, highways etc.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361484 05/06/22 03:19 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

a lot of taxes yes.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Donpilot] #14361506 05/06/22 03:44 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Nobody today has an integrated plan on how to solve immigration.

The first thing you have to do is count and identify the problem. Then apply a plan that works for America.
The last time we could have done that easily was when Reagan offered them citizenship.

If we had then initiated laws designed to make it hard for illegals to obtain work, live and survive in the US we would not be where we are today.
Whether its schooling, where they live, work or travel if we had a set of laws to address all of those things the problem would be small.

The problem today and apparently when Reagan did this is that there is not a national consensus on the problem.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: LoneStarSon] #14361520 05/06/22 04:01 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Trump tried to get this corrected by getting rid of DACA and sending the immigration issue to Congress. Unfortunately, Congress did what it always does and took the easy route and sued to have it reinstated. HOW the courts ever agreed that it was legal is beyond me. We need to fix our immigration laws and put an end to the madness. Close the borders so we can know who is coming in, make becoming a citizen or legal resident much easier and less time consuming, and get these people on the tax rolls. It's just not that difficult. Will it cost some politicians votes? Maybe. Who cares? Of course, once they are legal, things like maid services at hotels, lawn care, building, farming, etc. will all go up in prices and people are going to complain about that...

Trump actually told congress and democrats if they would fund the wall, he would sign EO to make all DACA have legal residence and path to citizenship, You see that never happen

Now that the Dems control the senate and the house DACA has been shut down and no new renewal, I thought the Dems would of done something about DACA, but I guess not.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: Dave-0] #14361524 05/06/22 04:04 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by Dave-0
I have zero problems with them working here. What I would want to see is them coming here legally and paying their fair share of the taxes too. As it stands, they make the cash and send a lot of it back to Mexico. Never pay a damn cent in helping the tax burden of other people.

I have no issue with them working here either.

I get my yard mowed, Weedeated, grass blown for $25 per week in the mowing season, I am all good for cheap labor.

Re: Illegal aliens working [Re: RedRanger] #14361525 05/06/22 04:05 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Trump actually told congress and democrats if they would fund the wall, he would sign EO to make all DACA have legal residence and path to citizenship, You see that never happen

Now that the Dems control the senate and the house DACA has been shut down and no new renewal, I thought the Dems would of done something about DACA, but I guess not.

roflmao I get a laugh out of anyone that thinks that either Party "controls" the Senate with a 50/50 split and it takes 60 votes to move any legislation on immigration to a final vote. Pres Eisenhower was the last President with any stones to try to fix the problem.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide