Texas Fishing Forum

Illegal aliens working

Posted By: Donpilot

Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 10:00 PM

What would be the downside of putting illegals to work flipping burgers and washing dishes? I am sure they would do the job, minimum wage and they might show up for work everyday. Fast food places around here open at 9 and close at 8 because of no help.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 10:02 PM

They are smart enough to get better paying jobs ..
Posted By: Z71

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 10:07 PM

Cash on the dash plus government benefits pay way more?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donpilot
What would be the downside of putting illegals to work flipping burgers and washing dishes? I am sure they would do the job, minimum wage and they might show up for work everyday. Fast food places around here open at 9 and close at 8 because of no help.

Legally they are not authorized to work in the USA
Posted By: buda13

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Like that matters. Credentials to pass an I-9 don’t even take a day to get. So why flip burgers? They can go to work for multi million dollar companies with incredible benefits making good money…
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 11:03 PM

Or become roofers. Fast food I'm not sure about, many, now a days, aren't from countries that have very good hygiene standards.
Posted By: angleiron

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 11:06 PM

Also prisoners should be put to work. Would help us compete with China.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Or become roofers. Fast food I'm not sure about, many, now a days, aren't from countries that have very good hygiene standards.

or any trade
it is our entire work force
i challenge you to drive by any job site
& count the black & white cats working
Posted By: FishDFly

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 11:45 PM

Yep.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 11:52 PM

I’m not a stickler for hygiene.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/05/22 11:58 PM

No jobs for illegals, and anyone that employs them should be tossed in jail, not fined.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by butch sanders

or any trade
it is our entire work force
i challenge you to drive by any job site
& count the black & white cats working

Rarely I agree with a Butch post

Great asset to our economy need to be open minded to fast track to legalization turn all the other world’s filth back at the border
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
No jobs for illegals, and anyone that employs them should be tossed in jail, not fined.

Sounds like a hell of an idea. Guess they will just steal and rob. loco

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B

Sounds like a hell of an idea. Guess they will just steal and rob. loco

No sympathy for law breakers here. There are legal immigrants and there are programs for bringing in foreign workers for the "jobs Americans won't do". If they want to come here to work, or become citizens, they can apply thru legal programs.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:31 AM

Just sounds like a great idea to me. Let’s take it a little further and empty some of the prisons so those criminals can also flip burgers and wash dishes. I mean, criminal is a criminal and I want my burger on time.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:40 AM

noidea wonder who drives all them trucks with a trailer and a bunch of mowers in them
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:45 AM

ever wonder why houses have so many problems the first yr or2?

no one will hire a carpenter or any other trade and pay them what they are worth so they hire the illegals and pay them 10 or 12 $ hr. in cash.

win win for both sides.

I used to call the local sheriff in colorado when I found any on our job, they would not even come get them since the idiots in denver just cut them loose.

don't go after the illegals, go after the businesses that hire them, easy enough to prove info on an I9 is not good, then go after the people in congress that allow this

to go on.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:07 AM

I say keep the illegals, and round up all the homeless who don't want to work and send them to Mexico.
Posted By: Z71

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce's
noidea wonder who drives all them trucks with a trailer and a bunch of mowers in them

45 mph in a 75 zone … left lane with a line of traffic behind?
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:15 AM

Ellos no pueden trabajar legalmente!
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 03:23 AM

Only problem I have with the issue is it steals jobs from Americans . I see 20 sumthing year old superintendents , project managers, architects ect driving g wagons ,smack out of college , that can’t really even read [censored] plans and got the job cuz they had the hook up and they don’t deserve it . Then you got ol 60 year old Pepe been in construction since he was 4 and can knock out any job site damn near over night in whatever trade he’s in and his work is mint and if it’s not he fixes it no prob ,But he’s illegal . I see it all the time it’s a double edge sword for me .
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 03:55 AM

We need immigration, we do not need illegal immigration, period. There have been illegal immigrants in the USA for years. Most of these illegals were through Mexico and lived in the SW. Thirty years ago, illegal immigrants did whatever job they could. The little that they were paid was much more than what they got in foreign countries. There were no illegal carpenters, rod busters, plumbers, etc back then. Then people started turning a blind eye to illegals and they moved outward from the SW. Today, illegals are most assuredly doing the jobs that documented Americans used to do. The next time you see any road work being done, who is doing that work? One out of twenty will be a white or black guy. Anyone that thinks illegal aliens should be allowed to freely cross our southern borders, should let a few families camp out in their yards.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
ever wonder why houses have so many problems the first yr or2?

no one will hire a carpenter or any other trade and pay them what they are worth so they hire the illegals and pay them 10 or 12 $ hr. in cash.

win win for both sides.

I used to call the local sheriff in colorado when I found any on our job, they would not even come get them since the idiots in denver just cut them loose.

don't go after the illegals, go after the businesses that hire them, easy enough to prove info on an I9 is not good, then go after the people in congress that allow this

to go on.

Hop.. the deal is most have credentials that will pass an I-9. Very few real companies can hire or keep anyone without a valid I-9. So if they can produce valid credentials the company is in no way responsible. There is nothing that says a company should challenge a Hispanic guy in his mid 30’s that cant speak English, with a name like Bill Stevens that tells his coworkers he goes by his nickname Pablo. The company only has to run the I-9 and maintain proof they did so.

Major worker shortage in most industries right now…. Illegals are not taking American jobs, Americans in general don’t want to work… don’t want to be in the heat, don’t want to get their hands dirty. Especially so with the Generation just now entering the workforce. They’re great with computers but most couldn’t tell you what a Phillips head screwdriver looks like.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 11:58 AM

Key word is work , maybe add work ethic

There segments, cultures , ethnicities or whatever you want to call them that will not pick up a hammer or a shovel for twice what a migrant (legal or not) from Mexico will do gladly.

The is no shortage of able bodied workforce, able minded absolutely
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:02 PM

The amount of spending coming down the pike on construction is amazing. The architectural and engineering backlog is unbelievable, like Razor said above, we need immigration, legal immigration, the work force is not here to support what we have coming down the pike. We need workers, who pay into social security, and fill all of the jobs that are not being filled. We need food industry, construction, medical, and logistic workers and great minds of the likes of Elon Musk who is also an immigrant, the key word is lets do it legally. Screen them, get them here, go thru the process, get them working in the US Economy cause we don't have the workers to support our economy. Our current population growth rate is less than 2%, with the retirement rate much higher we can't continue to expand and grow. This is the problem in Europe.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by buda13

Like that matters. Credentials to pass an I-9 don’t even take a day to get. So why flip burgers? They can go to work for multi million dollar companies with incredible benefits making good money…

Actually it does matter

When people legally enter the USA on a tourist visa they are not allowed to work, this is Federal Law. Also many other visas that the enter on such a K1, etc they can't work until the file for and pay and get approved it's called a Employment Authorization Document.

When non US Citizens go to the Texas Department of Vehicle and if they are here illegally or on a expired visa the use USCIS SAVE System to check thier visa status, same thing with trying to get a Social Security Number you will never get one if you are illegal.

Actually Multi Million dollar companies will not hire them since they can't provide the legal documentations.

I9 is for reporting taxes for non citizens, a I9 doesn't give work authorization in the USA, you get a I9 from the IRS I believe.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce's

Most don't have Driver Licenses

In Texas whomever runs the police department whether it's the Mayor or City Manager they have been told not bother with issuing them tickets as long as they can provide insurance.
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:41 PM

Thanks for hiring my people.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by junbengreat

It's my brown brother from a different mother.

And I would hire one in a heartbeat because they are hard workers and know a trick or two to get the job done. Try getting that from the yutes today.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
Originally Posted by junbengreat

It's my brown brother from a different mother.

And I would hire one in a heartbeat because they are hard workers and know a trick or two to get the job done. Try getting that from the yutes today.

Easy ! Not all yutes are created equal !
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:09 PM

I’m all for work visas

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:31 PM

I am against illegal immigration. My problem is we are already feeding and housing them, put them to work flipping burgers.20 minutes in a drive-thru because of no help is ridiculous. Just get something for our money.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:53 PM

I am against illegal immigration. My problem is we are already feeding and housing them, put them to work flipping burgers.20 minutes in a drive-thru because of no help is ridiculous. Just get something for our money.

lol , this one cracks me up. I am not feeding and housing anyone just because they may not be documented doesn't mean you are paying their way. Your burger joint is just a bunch of yoods that are not managed worth a darn.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 01:57 PM

We have normalized the term “illegal alien” and forget the fact these are criminals the minute they set foot in our country. They are no different than a robber who does not want to wait and buy something legally, so they go out and steal it. Yet, we hire these criminals, we rent houses to these criminals, and never consider the fact they are “illegal”.

A country without secure borders is not a country.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen
We have normalized the term “illegal alien” and forget the fact these are criminals the minute they set foot in our country. They are no different than a robber who does not want to wait and buy something legally, so they go out and steal it. Yet, we hire these criminals, we rent houses to these criminals, and never consider the fact they are “illegal”.

A country without secure borders is not a country.

I do not disagree with you at all, but I also do not think lowly of them as a culture. In fact I think considerably more of them than I do many of our friendly residents that are "legal"
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 02:42 PM

I have zero problems with them working here. What I would want to see is them coming here legally and paying their fair share of the taxes too. As it stands, they make the cash and send a lot of it back to Mexico. Never pay a damn cent in helping the tax burden of other people.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman

lol , this one cracks me up. I am not feeding and housing anyone just because they may not be documented doesn't mean you are paying their way. Your burger joint is just a bunch of yoods that are not managed worth a darn.

Someone is feeding and housing them! Do you pay taxes?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 02:50 PM

Trump tried to get this corrected by getting rid of DACA and sending the immigration issue to Congress. Unfortunately, Congress did what it always does and took the easy route and sued to have it reinstated. HOW the courts ever agreed that it was legal is beyond me. We need to fix our immigration laws and put an end to the madness. Close the borders so we can know who is coming in, make becoming a citizen or legal resident much easier and less time consuming, and get these people on the tax rolls. It's just not that difficult. Will it cost some politicians votes? Maybe. Who cares? Of course, once they are legal, things like maid services at hotels, lawn care, building, farming, etc. will all go up in prices and people are going to complain about that...
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 03:02 PM

They live, 12 people in a 2 bedroom mobile home and use cash for everything. Many of them live a much more raw way of life then our cultured western ways. Some of my direct from Mexico friends are super hard working people, but have no problem killing some goat or chicken and cooking it on the spot.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by angleiron
Also prisoners should be put to work. Would help us compete with China.

I agree 100%. Put them all to work on our roads, highways etc.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 03:19 PM

a lot of taxes yes.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 03:44 PM

Nobody today has an integrated plan on how to solve immigration.

The first thing you have to do is count and identify the problem. Then apply a plan that works for America.
The last time we could have done that easily was when Reagan offered them citizenship.

If we had then initiated laws designed to make it hard for illegals to obtain work, live and survive in the US we would not be where we are today.
Whether its schooling, where they live, work or travel if we had a set of laws to address all of those things the problem would be small.

The problem today and apparently when Reagan did this is that there is not a national consensus on the problem.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Trump tried to get this corrected by getting rid of DACA and sending the immigration issue to Congress. Unfortunately, Congress did what it always does and took the easy route and sued to have it reinstated. HOW the courts ever agreed that it was legal is beyond me. We need to fix our immigration laws and put an end to the madness. Close the borders so we can know who is coming in, make becoming a citizen or legal resident much easier and less time consuming, and get these people on the tax rolls. It's just not that difficult. Will it cost some politicians votes? Maybe. Who cares? Of course, once they are legal, things like maid services at hotels, lawn care, building, farming, etc. will all go up in prices and people are going to complain about that...

Trump actually told congress and democrats if they would fund the wall, he would sign EO to make all DACA have legal residence and path to citizenship, You see that never happen

Now that the Dems control the senate and the house DACA has been shut down and no new renewal, I thought the Dems would of done something about DACA, but I guess not.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
I have zero problems with them working here. What I would want to see is them coming here legally and paying their fair share of the taxes too. As it stands, they make the cash and send a lot of it back to Mexico. Never pay a damn cent in helping the tax burden of other people.

I have no issue with them working here either.

I get my yard mowed, Weedeated, grass blown for $25 per week in the mowing season, I am all good for cheap labor.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:05 PM

Trump actually told congress and democrats if they would fund the wall, he would sign EO to make all DACA have legal residence and path to citizenship, You see that never happen

Now that the Dems control the senate and the house DACA has been shut down and no new renewal, I thought the Dems would of done something about DACA, but I guess not.

roflmao I get a laugh out of anyone that thinks that either Party "controls" the Senate with a 50/50 split and it takes 60 votes to move any legislation on immigration to a final vote. Pres Eisenhower was the last President with any stones to try to fix the problem.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:32 PM

roflmao I get a laugh out of anyone that thinks that either Party "controls" the Senate with a 50/50 split and it takes 60 votes to move any legislation on immigration to a final vote. Pres Eisenhower was the last President with any stones to try to fix the problem.

We agree that a 50/50 split doesn’t move the needle but unless the next election gets a 60 vote majority republicans won’t do anything either
I think what most though the democrats who railed trump over this would have at least tried
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:47 PM

They are working, and killing American jobs. In my world, we are a world wide publicly traded company. Everyone we hire has to be legit, we play by the book.

However, joe blow down the street is an independent making the same product I am. He pays very close to the same price for raw materials yet, his labor costs are significantly less than ours. He pays less per hour, less or no benefits, and carves out a great living on the backs of those who cannot work anywhere else.

To me, all this equates to the Democrats modern form of slavery.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:53 PM

I am certain someone knows, but the answer will never, ever be stated.

I wonder what percentage of the millions Brandon’s have allowed into our country are actually fully employed.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 04:55 PM

Funny thing I am seeing now, is the tenured Illegal aliens who have been in the area for decades are now dealing with Illegals from like Honduras, Gautama, El Salvador, etc

They are killing the illegal aliens who have been here for years like jobs of painting, etc due to the fact the are bidding the jobs so cheap.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0

I have no issue with them working here either.

I get my yard mowed, Weedeated, grass blown for $25 per week in the mowing season, I am all good for cheap labor.

This is part of the problem.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 05:08 PM

Easy cure build a wall shoot anyone who comes over illegally. We should stop all free money to people, if they want to eat let them go get the same jobs problem fixed. no one should come In and stay without being a citizen period we shouldn’t be teaching other countries like China and Middle East how to do everything we do. That is how China stole everything
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 07:57 PM

A good wall with automated machine guns would be a start, they had one in Germany years ago and it was effective. JFK even said it was better than a war.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 08:11 PM

Funny thing I am seeing now, is the tenured Illegal aliens who have been in the area for decades are now dealing with Illegals from like Honduras, Gautama, El Salvador, etc

They are killing the illegal aliens who have been here for years like jobs of painting, etc due to the fact the are bidding the jobs so cheap.

this exactly
we are absorbing the Central Americans
as far as laborers go
nobody beats them
$5.50 an hour

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73
A good wall with automated machine guns would be a start, they had one in Germany years ago and it was effective. JFK even said it was better than a war.

a wall in America will not work at all
completely different environments

i admit Berlin was effective though
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 08:14 PM

we just need to add land mines. problem solved.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Nobody today has an integrated plan on how to solve immigration.

The first thing you have to do is count and identify the problem. Then apply a plan that works for America.
The last time we could have done that easily was when Reagan offered them citizenship.

If we had then initiated laws designed to make it hard for illegals to obtain work, live and survive in the US we would not be where we are today.
Whether its schooling, where they live, work or travel if we had a set of laws to address all of those things the problem would be small.

The problem today and apparently when Reagan did this is that there is not a national consensus on the problem.

I am probably just nitpicking, but I completely disagree with the statement "Nobody today has an integrated plan on how to solve immigration." Although you can never completely eliminate illegal immigration, you can most certainly have a legal immigration plan. We actually have one, but it is being ignored. There may not be a 100% agreed solution as to what to do with the current illegal immigrant population, but there sure as heck is a way to control immigration.

There are those that old immigration policies "take too long." Tough. So does medical college. Do you want to cut that back to 2 years? Having the freedoms and liberties that America offers isn't free and easy.

To me it an absolute crime that there are people spending lots of money and time to legally migrate to this country, yet there are thousands that are allowed to bypass the system. And then those lawbreakers are rewarded for doing it!

The individuals in government that want to allow continued illegal immigration, live in gated and walled communities, where they will be affected by someone crossing their sovereign border. I wonder how generous Sleepy Joe and Nancy Foolosi would be if they came home and found a tent city on their yard?

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 09:34 PM

and doing awful work but times are so desperate people don't care
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/06/22 09:52 PM

Put them on nonstop flights to Russia or Ukraine, tell them to pick a side, and tell them good luck.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 12:07 AM

I hope the taxpayer wall built around JBs beach estate works if not we would have wasted $500,000.00.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 12:17 AM

The business man might get cheap labor while the rest of us pay for their government subsidies.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tneel
The business man might get cheap labor while the rest of us pay for their government subsidies.

To be honest with you this is a big part of the problem and why immigration should be enforced. Does anyone on this forum really think Butch’s boss is passing those savings on to the consumer?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 01:29 AM

I have not seen any of that cheap labor you speak of, yes you may find a few guys to mow a yard, scoop a little dirt etc, show me the skilled cheap labor like masonry, concrete, etc, do not think there is much of that around.
Posted By: Sailor1180

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 06:50 AM

And you sir......
Would be correct...
Might I include, those who rent to them as well...

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor1180

And you sir......
Would be correct...
Might I include, those who rent to them as well...

This
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 12:15 PM

A bunch of stupid in this thread. Lots and lots of it. I think a few of you might be a touch on the racist side......
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
A bunch of stupid in this thread. Lots and lots of it. I think a few of you might be a touch on the racist side......

Agreed.

And I think it’s more than just a touch racist.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 12:53 PM

How is it racist to oppose people that are breaking the law? I’m confused.

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 01:40 PM

and doing awful work but times are so desperate people don't care

Building house for sure, they put them up so fast and cut corners, I see it quit a bit

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen
How is it racist to oppose people that are breaking the law? I’m confused.

When race is an Illegal Alien?

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking

To be honest with you this is a big part of the problem and why immigration should be enforced. Does anyone on this forum really think Butch’s boss is passing those savings on to the consumer?

There is no savings

Re: Illegal aliens working - 05/07/22 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted by WAWI

Agreed.

And I think it’s more than just a touch racist.

Very
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum