texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
drew82, GoFishin, KrisR, Fins_and_feathers, JB117
117280 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 109,235
hopalong 106,437
Bigbob_FTW 82,210
Pilothawk 82,083
John175☮ 81,854
Derek 🐝 67,703
JDavis7873 67,408
Mark Perry 66,034
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,140,596
Posts15,542,568
Members142,279
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359763 05/04/22 04:16 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,761
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,761
He may not have known JP, for him to have not known that could be an issue he must have never read the rules, or any rules for any other tournament because I have never seen that allowed in any trail, both kids must have never read the rules either after an entire season as this was regionals. That is giving a huge benefit of the doubt to the situation. Now where I could see a gray area is maybe since he was not the angler he thought he could use it but when I captained I assumed that all the rules that applies to the kids applies to me as well, which is a fair assumption i would think.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359765 05/04/22 04:20 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 10,848
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 10,848
Also his "you got something to say" and "well I think you are a D...." doesn't speak well to the having an moment of ignorance

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Tiltman] #14359781 05/04/22 04:30 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,761
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,761
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Also his "you got something to say" and "well I think you are a D...." doesn't speak well to the having an moment of ignorance


That kind of made me think the guy is not a newbie.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359867 05/04/22 05:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 16,263
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 16,263
The simple answer is both contributed and either one could have prevented it altogether.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359896 05/04/22 06:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,566
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,566
The video that started this thread is at 21k views. His last confrontation video on Fork had 13k views. His confrontation video on Toledo last summer has 94k views. His last 5 videos averaged 5.36k views. Make of that what you like. Drama sells. I'll try to avoid watching the bass fishing version of reality tv from now on.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359899 05/04/22 06:29 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,009
horseplaydvm Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,009
I did watch the video and I did listen to Todd’s explanation. Would I have done the same? No. I think Todd could have avoided the situation. He is too good of an angler to be worried about a 10 yard stretch of bank on a lake the size of Texoma. Was the other boat in the wrong? 100%
Could Todd have avoided a confrontation? 100% He threw his line towards them on purpose as he admitted in his video. He sat there on the front of the boat staring at the other boat waiting for a response, and he finally got one.
Lesson here, next time take a picture the the boat numbers and people in it if it was a violation taking place and move on. Then report them to the tournament director and let them handle the situation. It sounds like they have and I’m fine with that.
Guys are getting their panties in a wad for being cut off on a lake while fishing. roflmao
You know how many times I have been cut off by a car on a road, someone in line at an amusement park, someone at a grocery store, someone in a beer line at a bar or concert?! I could go on and on! C’mon man! Like I said, life is too short for this stuff! Enjoy your day on the water, tell someone excuse me, tell someone thank you, tell someone to go ahead in front of you. See how much happier you will be at the end of the day.
Now everyone go have a great day!



Gone Fishing
B.A.S. 6/5/47-6/6/12
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: WAWI] #14359959 05/04/22 07:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,706
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,706
Originally Posted by WAWI
He may not have known JP, for him to have not known that could be an issue he must have never read the rules, or any rules for any other tournament because I have never seen that allowed in any trail, both kids must have never read the rules either after an entire season as this was regionals. That is giving a huge benefit of the doubt to the situation. Now where I could see a gray area is maybe since he was not the angler he thought he could use it but when I captained I assumed that all the rules that applies to the kids applies to me as well, which is a fair assumption i would think.



WAWI is probably right on this. (that hurts to say it out loud)

I'd venture to say that at least 75% of the captains and 80% of the anglers have never sat down and read the rules. (I feel I'm probably light on my percentages.........)

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Tiltman] #14360041 05/04/22 09:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,202
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,202
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Also his "you got something to say" and "well I think you are a D...." doesn't speak well to the having an moment of ignorance


^^^ This. He's on a ladder cussing someone out in front of either his kid and/or someone else's, potentially putting them in harms way with his comments. Good news is, it's been handled.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14360093 05/04/22 09:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 424
L
Lmgreeri Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
L
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 424
roflmao roflmao Ya'll cry me a river. cry Try fishing a lake from a kayak some weekend...Every moron pulls in front of you like you don't exist. Boo hoo. roflmao

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Lmgreeri] #14360111 05/04/22 10:07 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,706
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,706
Originally Posted by Lmgreeri
roflmao roflmao Ya'll cry me a river. cry Try fishing a lake from a kayak some weekend...Every moron pulls in front of you like you don't exist. Boo hoo. roflmao



I chuckled at this..... thanks

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14360167 05/04/22 11:14 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 202
B
Brit Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 202
I personally witnessed a dq this year on a team in first place with big bass, because they were not following the rules. As I watched the video last night I was ashamed how some people represent the sport. It’s not how I was taught and it’s not how my son or his partner was taught. I captained my son’s tournaments this year, we wore team jerseys and knew when we put those jerseys on what we represented. Obviously we represented ourselves, we represented our high school, and the THSBA and our sponsors. THSBA catches flack, a lot, they aren’t perfect, but don’t let the actions of bad actors ruin your perception for everyone, especially the ones doing it right.

Ken thank you for the time you dedicate to THSBA.

By the way, we don’t fish a skeeter.

I am glad this video was posted, let’s use this as an opportunity to teach what’s right and to teach sportsmanship.


[Linked Image]
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14360172 05/04/22 11:21 PM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 25
R
RDB5 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 25
This post has been super helpful. The fact that anyone would think this isn’t a blatant example of getting cut off explains the lack of common sense we experience on the water. Saying everyone doesn’t have to follow your rules is nonsense. This is the most basic courtesy that even a child should understand. Todd was fishing the bank and it was clear which direction he was going. The guy was coming from across the cove and by the time he got to the spot, was within a cast of Todd. Hell, he stood on the trolling motor. Who cares if he saw him initially…he definitely saw him well before he got to the spot and at that point he should have either gone behind him or moved on. Judge Todd however you want but personally I’m glad he said something. Todd was right. It’s no wonder some people continue to cut others off. It works because some never speak up. If you don’t ask for or give respect, you shouldn’t expect it.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: RDB5] #14360175 05/04/22 11:23 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,108
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,108
Originally Posted by RDB5
This post has been super helpful. The fact that anyone would think this isn’t a blatant example of getting cut off explains the lack of common sense we experience on the water. Saying everyone doesn’t have to follow your rules is nonsense. This is the most basic courtesy that even a child should understand. Todd was fishing the bank and it was clear which direction he was going. The guy was coming from across the cove and by the time he got to the spot, was within a cast of Todd. Hell, he stood on the trolling motor. Who cares if he saw him initially…he definitely saw him well before he got to the spot and at that point he should have either gone behind him or moved on. Judge Todd however you want but personally I’m glad he said something. Todd was right. It’s no wonder some people continue to cut others off. It works because some never speak up. If you don’t ask for or give respect, you shouldn’t expect it.

Well said sir.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14360186 05/04/22 11:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,889
fivebites Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,889
Yawn.


2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 30 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3