Forums59
Topics1,039,317
Posts13,962,783
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358937 05/03/22 07:18 PM
rickys Offline
Angler
Angler
What Todd says about the depth perception it's little hard to tell, but it definitely looks like the captain saw Todd coming around the point and he cut him off. The guy definitely new what he was doing. He probably had been waiting to fish that bed for awhile. I've just been taught the same method Todd used. Get on a bank in line and wait your turn.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358966 05/03/22 08:06 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'd a boatramped every frickin' one of 'em......can you boatramp on a point? bolt

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Houston Basscat] #14358967 05/03/22 08:08 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
Originally Posted by Chris B
How do you not notice a boat a half a cast away? I’m not buying your side of the story.

I don't have a side and I aint selling nothing, Bud.

Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
Originally Posted by Chris B
How do you not notice a boat a half a cast away? I’m not buying your side of the story.

I don't have a side and I aint selling nothing, Bud.

So your completely fine with the boat captain pulling up within a half a cast of him from across the cove? Your right bud, he probably didn’t see him.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359002 05/03/22 08:58 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Do you think anything productive came from Todd posting this video? I personally do not. If his goal was to get the team that cut him off DQ'd, he could have done that simply by contacting THSBA directly. My opinion is that the people that cut others off learn nothing from videos such as this. Anyone that cares already knows this is wrong. I think this stuff is just click bait. All it does is stir people up and solve nothing. Especially when you mute out half the conversation. Not saying it was anything that would have made the situation different, but it does open the door to the potential of him hiding something. I like Todd but I think in this case he made a bad decision to post this. He should have handled this in a direct manner and just moved on. This young generation already has a tendency to air their dirty laundry on social media and the internet. Stuff like this just reinforces that horrible way of reacting to conflict.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Ken Starling] #14359020 05/03/22 09:27 PM
B
bladerunner Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Ken Starling
Doug, your correct. I apologize for calling out the haters. The THSBA does in fact take the actions seriously. In fact there are numerous DQ’s that no one ever hears about. I wish we could catch everyone of them and DQ them. The fact is we just cannot and neither can any trail out there.
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Ken Starling
We are here. Just don’t like to get in the discussion with some of these repeat HS fishing haters. They will continue to dislike the HS trails and they have their opinions regardless of what we think.

We have reached out to Todd and asked if he has any better pics or TX numbers.

If we can identify the boat we will handle it , I promise. It is very hard to see TX numbers and the kids don’t have a jersey we can see. So if any of you are sitting around not doing anything and can get us a clear picture or know the team . Please send to us.

Does it happen? Yep and it will continue to happen. Does it happen to everyone? I highly doubt it. But it does happen.

Our financial statements are available upon request by anyone. I can say that besides the tournament directors and our lady in the office none of the board of directors get paid. Well, I mean I do get some Huk apparel and a couple of hats a year and a cool jersey for the events. Do all the trails do that? Have no clue. So yea, we do get paid if you consider those a payment. At the beginning when we started 10 years ago the TD’s didn’t even get paid as well. Matter of fact there has been invites sent out to some of the repeat haters to become a board member and nothing but crickets. So go ahead and continue to believe we are all making millions running HS events if that makes you feel better.

Last thing, remember those kids from ETBU that won the championship all of you were congratulating? Well hate to break it to you but they fished the THSBA for 4 years…

Wait until we launch the Elementary Divisions next year….. Just kidding.

Have a good day guys.

Originally Posted by JeffLStevens
I sent this over to THSBA and hopefully it will be addressed. I hate seeing the negativity directed at THSBA as a whole and not keeping focus on the individual problem. These type of issues take place in all tournaments at all levels but it seems that some like to put this on the THSBA and the high school kids. THSBA is well run and gives a lot of kids an avenue to get out and compete in a sport that I love and yes there are always going to be a few captain that either just don't know or just don't care.....just like any other events I have ever fished.

Ken you continuously start with the your whole "haters" rhetoric when some of us can continue to point out safety, sportsmanship and now this open blatant cheating by this captain and his kids. Using a ladder is 100% cheating and not a "rule infraction", that is a clear and obvious action to gain a noticeable advantage over the rest of the field.

Since things continue to happen year after year, your use of the "hater" excuse is no longer valid. When your organization can be called out year after year on like instances, then you are failing to run your organization. Basically it's a get your business in order situation.

It's simple, I do not and never have had to fish on the weekends, I retired at 51 and before could fish weekdays my entire adult life. I can fish whenever I want so I do not post because I am mad the lakes are crowded with your anglers on weekends. I could careless if you have 17,000 boat events.

But for the good of the tournament fishing community there seems to be some kids learning the wrong way.

ken just an observation/suggesttion. you said there are DQ's which we dont hear about. If it was made public it might help. seeing what others are getting dq'd for might help educate and the potential of being listed for for a DQ would make people think twice about it
not sure. local gas station in town used to put hot checks on the wall for eveyone to see. problem fixed itself very quickly.

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359031 05/03/22 09:37 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
some folks should get dq ed for some of the rules they run over but instead of saying something to the offender or telling the tournament director at the tournament it is much easier to wait til you get home an whine about getting punked on the net.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359066 05/03/22 10:17 PM
B
Bryanmc57 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
I think the fact that he was cheating by using his little ladder takes any possible thought of his integrity out of the discussion. Even the kids in the boat knew the guy was being a douche....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359087 05/03/22 10:51 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Agreed with most opinions on this thread. Personally he should have either A: dealt with it himself or B: simply turned them in(he has video evidence). Posting videos(even after saying you were NOT going to) is the wrong action IMHO. Starts to become “Click Bait” when you want everyone to see what you should have simply taken care of.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Bryanmc57] #14359088 05/03/22 10:54 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted by Bryanmc57
I think the fact that he was cheating by using his little ladder takes any possible thought of his integrity out of the discussion. Even the kids in the boat knew the guy was being a douche....

How in the world does anyone know what the kids thought? Because Todd said so? They could have been watching him thinking wtf is this guy doing coming up on us staring us down like this.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359089 05/03/22 10:55 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Also I really feel like this guy was ignorant of the platform rule. Not that it’s an excuse. Just that I don’t he knew and just blatantly cheated when he knows there’s 300 boats out there to see It.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359098 05/03/22 11:03 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Give the THSBA a break. Anyone remember ole Rooster and Crankin Craig in Basschamps last year? That showed me things like this go on in more tournaments than any of us want to imagine. It’s not the organizations fault that bad apples are participating in their events. One of the biggest tournament cheaters in the area that could never seem to get caught by anyone was busted by the high school trail. They’ve come a long way and do plenty of good…. but that’s no fun to talk about I guess.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: wh2004] #14359110 05/03/22 11:14 PM
B
Bryanmc57 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by wh2004

How in the world does anyone know what the kids thought? Because Todd said so? They could have been watching him thinking wtf is this guy doing coming up on us starting us down like this.

The boat captain was cheating. Justify that somehow.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Bryanmc57] #14359137 05/03/22 11:30 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted by wh2004

How in the world does anyone know what the kids thought? Because Todd said so? They could have been watching him thinking wtf is this guy doing coming up on us starting us down like this.

The boat captain was cheating. Justify that somehow.

tired

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359149 05/03/22 11:39 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
How anyone can defend the “platform” captain is beyond me. What y’all are basically saying is you do the same thing on the lake and think it’s acceptable behavior.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14359158 05/03/22 11:49 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
I’m not defending him and if he purposely/intentionally/maliciously cut Todd off then screw him. I’m just saying we don’t know everything from this video. Possibly the guy didn’t realize what he did and/or is inexperienced and doesn’t know it’s unacceptable. Todd trying to punk him in front of his kids was uncalled for imo. You want to be the bigger man, then be the bigger man and shake your head, go around, and come back when they leave. Simple.

I already addressed a possibility with the platform. We don’t know. If he was ignorant of the rules, he’s 100% still responsible. But not a huge pos cheater like he is if he’s intentionally doing all these things.

I just like to try to see the good in people.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide