Forums59
Topics1,039,153
Posts13,960,098
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Ken Starling] #14358763 05/03/22 03:04 PM
K
KYBluefan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted by Ken Starling
We are here. Just don’t like to get in the discussion with some of these repeat HS fishing haters. They will continue to dislike the HS trails and they have their opinions regardless of what we think.

We have reached out to Todd and asked if he has any better pics or TX numbers.

If we can identify the boat we will handle it , I promise. It is very hard to see TX numbers and the kids don’t have a jersey we can see. So if any of you are sitting around not doing anything and can get us a clear picture or know the team . Please send to us.

Does it happen? Yep and it will continue to happen. Does it happen to everyone? I highly doubt it. But it does happen.

Our financial statements are available upon request by anyone. I can say that besides the tournament directors and our lady in the office none of the board of directors get paid. Well, I mean I do get some Huk apparel and a couple of hats a year and a cool jersey for the events. Do all the trails do that? Have no clue. So yea, we do get paid if you consider those a payment. At the beginning when we started 10 years ago the TD’s didn’t even get paid as well. Matter of fact there has been invites sent out to some of the repeat haters to become a board member and nothing but crickets. So go ahead and continue to believe we are all making millions running HS events if that makes you feel better.

Last thing, remember those kids from ETBU that won the championship all of you were congratulating? Well hate to break it to you but they fished the THSBA for 4 years…
Originally Posted by JeffLStevens
I sent this over to THSBA and hopefully it will be addressed. I hate seeing the negativity directed at THSBA as a whole and not keeping focus on the individual problem. These type of issues take place in all tournaments at all levels but it seems that some like to put this on the THSBA and the high school kids. THSBA is well run and gives a lot of kids an avenue to get out and compete in a sport that I love and yes there are always going to be a few captain that either just don't know or just don't care.....just like any other events I have ever fished.

Well said Ken. It happens. We fished last 3 years in THSBA and when encountering another boat always went around. We were just having fun.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358764 05/03/22 03:07 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
It’s all good. Some hate some us some don’t.

You all have a good day. I have to go to my paying job now.. smile

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358766 05/03/22 03:11 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
THSBA 2018 tax forms
Doesn’t look like they are killing it with all the help to pay.
https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/465522960/201921969349300007/full

Last edited by SkeeterRonnie; 05/03/22 03:11 PM.
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Ken Starling] #14358770 05/03/22 03:16 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
We are here. Just don’t like to get in the discussion with some of these repeat HS fishing haters. They will continue to dislike the HS trails and they have their opinions regardless of what we think.

If we can identify the boat we will handle it , I promise. It is very hard to see TX numbers and the kids don’t have a jersey we can see. So if any of you are sitting around not doing anything and can get us a clear picture or know the team . Please send to us.

Does it happen? Yep and it will continue to happen. Does it happen to everyone? I highly doubt it. But it does happen.

Our financial statements are available upon request by anyone. I can say that besides the tournament directors and our lady in the office none of the board of directors get paid. Well, I mean I do get some Huk apparel and a couple of hats a year and a cool jersey for the events. Do all the trails do that? Have no clue. So yea, we do get paid if you consider those a payment. At the beginning when we started 10 years ago the TD’s didn’t even get paid as well. Matter of fact there has been invites sent out to some of the repeat haters to become a board member and nothing but crickets. So go ahead and continue to believe we are all making millions running HS events if that makes you feel better.

Last thing, remember those kids from ETBU that won the championship all of you were congratulating? Well hate to break it to you but they fished the THSBA for 4 years…

Wait until we launch the Elementary Divisions next year….. Just kidding.

Have a good day guys.

I sent this over to THSBA and hopefully it will be addressed. I hate seeing the negativity directed at THSBA as a whole and not keeping focus on the individual problem. These type of issues take place in all tournaments at all levels but it seems that some like to put this on the THSBA and the high school kids. THSBA is well run and gives a lot of kids an avenue to get out and compete in a sport that I love and yes there are always going to be a few captain that either just don't know or just don't care.....just like any other events I have ever fished.

Ken you continuously start with the your whole "haters" rhetoric when some of us can continue to point out safety, sportsmanship and now this open blatant cheating by this captain and his kids. Using a ladder is 100% cheating and not a "rule infraction", that is a clear and obvious action to gain a noticeable advantage over the rest of the field.

Since things continue to happen year after year, your use of the "hater" excuse is no longer valid. When your organization can be called out year after year on like instances, then you are failing to run your organization. Basically it's a get your business in order situation.

It's simple, I do not and never have had to fish on the weekends, I retired at 51 and before could fish weekdays my entire adult life. I can fish whenever I want so I do not post because I am mad the lakes are crowded with your anglers on weekends. I could careless if you have 17,000 boat events.

But for the good of the tournament fishing community there seems to be some kids learning the wrong way.

#MFGA
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358773 05/03/22 03:24 PM
C
chmp186 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Had something very similar happen to my partner and I when fishing a club tournament on Texoma. We were fishing down a stretch of bank and a high school team in Ranger, I'm assuming were prefishing for this same tourney, pulled down between 2 boat houses right in front of us, dropped the trolling motor and started fishing catching a fish not 20' in front of us. Even if they missed because of the boathouses they saw us before casting but never asked if they could go ahead or apologized for jumping in front of us. We would have said go ahead if they would have just had the common courtesy to ask. I'm know there are HS captains doing things the right way but there is a small group that just aren't teaching these kids the proper way of doing things

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358778 05/03/22 03:34 PM
K
Kodyjoe Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Hell go in Little Caney on Fork. You got grown [censored] men doing it all the time. Or any other cove but that's been the worst one I have seen

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358786 05/03/22 03:43 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
When does all the cussing and hell raising start on the video? What time stamp?

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358788 05/03/22 03:46 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
One solution could be to get 2 official "teams" in boats that are "undercover" officials on the water. They could be on the water during tournament hours and when they see a violation they politely tell the team that they are DQ'ed.

If the captains and parents figure out they can be DQ'ed on the spot they may learn the rules and learn to follow them.

#MFGA
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: 9094] #14358804 05/03/22 03:58 PM
B
Bryanmc57 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 9094
To be honest I think both parties are guilty on this. The OP just had to slip into a busy cove and should have known with that many boats there might be confrontation. Then the other guy slide right in front of him, but he was fishing there a few minutes before.

Really I think the OP should have just gone to another spot that wasn’t as loaded with boats.
He was as determined to fish that exact spot as the other guy.

Sorry, I don't see it that way. Todd was fishing down the bank . The other guy came all the way across the cove to get right in front of him.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358814 05/03/22 04:03 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
It looked to me like Castledine had just turned that corner and the Skeeter was idling towards the same bed fish before he knew Todd's boat was heading that way. The High School team may have not known Castledine was coming before he started his boat and drove to the bedding fish. Castledine initiated the altercation by dropping his rod and staring at the high school kids like my wife does when I'm in her way. To me, it looked like the Boat Captain ignored Castledine the same way I ignore my wife when she performs that particular form of tantrum.
In a similar passive aggressive way Castledine started the confrontation by saying something like "You'll figure it out one day." Basically, calling the man a dumbarse in front of his kids. This is how cry babies do it all the time. They antagonize someone and then claim the higher ground by walking away.
This looks to me like two guys that found the same bed fish and one guy had a camera rolling so he gets to explain the situation from his point of view only. It doesn't help that some of the communication is muted. I feel like there may have been other things said.
In my opinion, it's also very poor taste to start the video with a slow-mo shot of his trophy from this event. It feels like an attempt to gain credibility before laying out his version of how this exchange went. Kind of a "look what I won despite being surrounded by these idiots" sort of mentality.
There are definitely two sides to every story and this one is no different. If the ladder is a violation it should be addressed without prejudice.

I feel like Castledine came out looking and sounding pretty bad despite his best editing attempts. This is why he should have just ducked his head and carried on without confrontation. If he wants to call himself a Professional Fisherman, he should act like it.

Last edited by Houston Basscat; 05/03/22 04:48 PM.
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Houston Basscat] #14358815 05/03/22 04:06 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
It looked to me like Castledine had just turned that corner and the Skeeter was idling towards the same bed fish before he knew Todd's boat was heading that way. The High School team may have not known Castledine was coming before he started his boat and drove to the bedding fish. Castledine initiated the altercation by dropping his rod and staring at the high school kids like my wife does when I'm in her way. To me, it looked like the Boat Captain ignored Castledine the same way I ignore my wife when she performs that particular form of tantrum.
In a similar passive aggressive way Castledine started the confrontation by saying something like "You'll figure it out one day." Basically, calling the man a dumbarse in front of his kids. This is how cry babies do it all the time. They antagonize someone and then claim the higher ground by walking away.
This looks to me like two guys that found the same bed fish and one guy had a camera rolling so he gets to explain the situation from his point of view only. It doesn't help that some of the communication is muted. I feel like there may have been other things said.
In my opinion, it's also very poor taste to start the video with a slow-mo shot of his trophy from this event. It feels like an attempt to gain credibility before laying out his version of how this exchange went. Kind of a "look what I won despite being surrounded by these idiots" sort of mentality.
There are definitely two sides to every story and this one is no different. If the ladder is a violation it should be addressed without prejudice.

I feel like Castledine came out looking and sounding pretty bad despite his best editing attempts. This is why he should have just ducked his head and carried on without confrontation.

The same boat captain that is blatantly and openly cheating?

#MFGA
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Douglas J] #14358826 05/03/22 04:15 PM
K
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
Doug, your correct. I apologize for calling out the haters. The THSBA does in fact take the actions seriously. In fact there are numerous DQ’s that no one ever hears about. I wish we could catch everyone of them and DQ them. The fact is we just cannot and neither can any trail out there.
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Wait until we launch the Elementary Divisions next year….. Just kidding.

Have a good day guys.

Ken you continuously start with the your whole "haters" rhetoric when some of us can continue to point out safety, sportsmanship and now this open blatant cheating by this captain and his kids. Using a ladder is 100% cheating and not a "rule infraction", that is a clear and obvious action to gain a noticeable advantage over the rest of the field.

Since things continue to happen year after year, your use of the "hater" excuse is no longer valid. When your organization can be called out year after year on like instances, then you are failing to run your organization. Basically it's a get your business in order situation.

It's simple, I do not and never have had to fish on the weekends, I retired at 51 and before could fish weekdays my entire adult life. I can fish whenever I want so I do not post because I am mad the lakes are crowded with your anglers on weekends. I could careless if you have 17,000 boat events.

But for the good of the tournament fishing community there seems to be some kids learning the wrong way.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Douglas J] #14358829 05/03/22 04:18 PM
K
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
Tried that as well and at State and Regionals we usually are.The problem is it is volunteers to do it. Not everyone wants to volunteer.

I do think the team was in the wrong for coming across the cove and cutting him off and as far as the ladder. We are trying every resource we have to find this guy.

I wish they would all teach the kids to do right like we all were growing up.

That’s all. Just know we are looking into this and if we do find them it will be handled.

Originally Posted by Douglas J
One solution could be to get 2 official "teams" in boats that are "undercover" officials on the water. They could be on the water during tournament hours and when they see a violation they politely tell the team that they are DQ'ed.

If the captains and parents figure out they can be DQ'ed on the spot they may learn the rules and learn to follow them.

Last edited by Ken Starling; 05/03/22 04:22 PM.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Douglas J] #14358833 05/03/22 04:24 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
[/quote]

The same boat captain that is blatantly and openly cheating? [/quote]

We all get cut off from time to time. Happens whether on purpose or not but this guy is using a platform clearly breaking the rules and does not seem to care. The boat captain should know the rules. What a lesson to teach those kids. I don't miss fishing the highschool events.. My son and still fish just without the rat race of it all...

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Houston Basscat] #14358841 05/03/22 04:34 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat

I feel like Castledine came out looking and sounding pretty bad despite his best editing attempts. This is why he should have just ducked his head and carried on without confrontation.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that saw this. With all the build up and fake drama/indignation at the beginning of that video I definitely didn’t expect Castledine to be the first one to have something smart to say.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide