Re: Wright Patman? [Re: 361V] #14353125 04/26/22 05:10 PM
D
dk2429 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by 361V
Yes Caddo is completely filled w/cypress knees(cypress tree root system) but it’s easy to run. Clearly marked boat trails throughout the lake. Yes they are narrow but simply run the boat lane markers on the side of the markers that with arrows show you to run. When not on plane running the boat lanes trim up and idle only. Also my Navionics Platinum South chip shows all the boat lanes throughout the lake including some pretty small/obscure lanes through the upper end around Uncertain Texas. Absolutely a beautiful one of a kind(at least for Texas) lake that’s worth seeing!

Cool deal thanks for the info! I run Garmin. I’ll see if Garmin has any boat lanes marked on their maps

Been wanting to give it a go on Caddo for quite some time now. Finally gonna make it happen this summer

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wright Patman? [Re: dk2429] #14353157 04/26/22 06:02 PM
C
Cass Caldwell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by dk2429
Originally Posted by ETXfisher91
Originally Posted by Cass Caldwell
For Caddo, I'd launch at the state park, or Johnson's Ranch and run up the river to the main lake. The river, all the cuts, and the houses on the river are really neat to see. Make sure you make a run through Government Ditch...it's the most photographed spot on Caddo. Then, run back up the river and dock your boat at Big Pines Lodge and have lunch. If you fish the river, you can catch numbers easily just fishing the cypress trees along the bank, but they'll be smaller fish mostly. If you are targeting bigger fish hit the isolated trees on the main lake.

Only fished Wright-Pat a couple of times, so don't have a lot of experience, but if the water level is right, it's a blast flipping the bushes.

Good luck!

Is Caddo pretty well marked and somewhat easy to run? In the back of my mind I’m thinking stump fields everywhere

Yes, but do not venture far from the boat lanes. try to stay as close as possible to them.

I don't know when your trip is going to be, but since your planning on fishing Pines DO NOT GO NEXT WEEKEND the 29th - 1st It's the big bass bonanza

Booked an Airbnb in Linden for June 29-July 3

All three are about 30 mins from there. Also noticed that little Lone Star lake on the map right above Pines

Caddo has a great system of channel markers. Just idle when you are outside the markers, because there are lots of stumps. The graphs will have most of the major boat roads marked, but not some of the secondary ones. Would be good to stop in a store in buy a map. Very easy to get turned around out there.

My club fished a tournament on Lone Star last summer. The place looks great...lots of grass and pads, but the fishing was very tough when we were there. Maybe we just caught it on the wrong day.

Linden will definitely be the perfect place to stay. My wife and I used to stay in a VRBO cabin in Linden, but they stopped renting it. I'll have to look for that Airbnb.

Last edited by Cass Caldwell; 04/26/22 06:03 PM.

Owner, ShredFin Fishing Co.
Veteran Owned

[Linked Image]
Re: Wright Patman? [Re: dk2429] #14353503 04/27/22 01:31 AM
D
Double A Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Years ago there would be schoolies in July pushing bait down the boat lanes and pinning bait fish along the grass lines, especially in the main lake. Just keep look out when you are running the lanes as you could get into a bunch real quick. Bring a camera, it’s by far one of the prettiest in the state and I think it’s the only natural lake in the state too.

Re: Wright Patman? [Re: Cass Caldwell] #14353543 04/27/22 02:38 AM
S
Slicefixer Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
S
You MUST see Caddo.....simply amazing. Don't discount the fishing as it can be fantastic at times.....you might catch it fishing "right" 😉

My father was from Linden, lots of family there.....practically grew up there at my grandparents. First time fishing and hunting were both there....."Pruitt's lake" and assorted farm ponds......It's a neat lil east Texas small town.

Gj
Re: Wright Patman? [Re: dk2429] #14353708 04/27/22 01:14 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by ETXfisher91
Originally Posted by Cass Caldwell
For Caddo, I'd launch at the state park, or Johnson's Ranch and run up the river to the main lake. The river, all the cuts, and the houses on the river are really neat to see. Make sure you make a run through Government Ditch...it's the most photographed spot on Caddo. Then, run back up the river and dock your boat at Big Pines Lodge and have lunch. If you fish the river, you can catch numbers easily just fishing the cypress trees along the bank, but they'll be smaller fish mostly. If you are targeting bigger fish hit the isolated trees on the main lake.

Only fished Wright-Pat a couple of times, so don't have a lot of experience, but if the water level is right, it's a blast flipping the bushes.

Good luck!

Is Caddo pretty well marked and somewhat easy to run? In the back of my mind I’m thinking stump fields everywhere

Yes, but do not venture far from the boat lanes. try to stay as close as possible to them.

I don't know when your trip is going to be, but since your planning on fishing Pines DO NOT GO NEXT WEEKEND the 29th - 1st It's the big bass bonanza

Booked an Airbnb in Linden for June 29-July 3

All three are about 30 mins from there. Also noticed that little Lone Star lake on the map right above Pines

Little over a month earlier and you could have fished the OT Classic on pines.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Wright Patman? [Re: dk2429] #14355679 04/29/22 12:33 PM
P
popcork Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Don't sleep on Lone Star it can be very good I know of some 10+ fish that have come out of there.

Re: Wright Patman? [Re: dk2429] #14355839 04/29/22 03:11 PM
C
C DUBB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I was born and raised in East Texas (Marshall) and have fished Caddo, LOP, and Wright Patman religiously. Wright Patman can hold his own weight in fish. Many people sleep on it. IMOP, LOP and Wright Patman are a similar setup with the spillways and all. Caddo is totally beast in its own. Beautiful scenery with some excellent fish. You may get lucky and see a 14 footer (alligator) or two.

Prestige Catfish

I fish because the voice in my head tells me to!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide