Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cedar creek lake [Re: harperbird] #14340911 04/11/22 10:22 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I was out there Friday and caught 40 plus keepers dock shooting in half a day. Caught a couple that were post spawn but majority had not spawned yet. Water was 59 in the morning. I was really limited with the wind but once I found what to look for, the bite was on. About 40 percent of the docks out there have fish. Just have to know which ones to pass up and which ones are good.

Re: Cedar creek lake [Re: KidKrappie] #14343192 04/14/22 02:57 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
I was out there Friday and caught 40 plus keepers dock shooting in half a day. Caught a couple that were post spawn but majority had not spawned yet. Water was 59 in the morning. I was really limited with the wind but once I found what to look for, the bite was on. About 40 percent of the docks out there have fish. Just have to know which ones to pass up and which ones are good.

Yes sir !! There today gone tomorrow got to know what docks are holding that’s some what true. But you left out once those certain docks are well known of holding the fish they start to get a lot of pressure and the catching becomes slim to none even furring the spawn. Example : the creeks we was slaying the crappie in folks learned about it and was following/ pot lickers coming as the banks we was catching on went to slim to none from the pressure. So the best part of your story was you have to move around and basically find fish that hasn’t been hit on that certain dock or for example we went way back in some creeks where no one was fishing it and found a mother load.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Cedar creek lake [Re: jig master] #14344148 04/15/22 02:50 AM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by jig master
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

Yes sir !! There today gone tomorrow got to know what docks are holding that’s some what true. But you left out once those certain docks are well known of holding the fish they start to get a lot of pressure and the catching becomes slim to none even furring the spawn. Example : the creeks we was slaying the crappie in folks learned about it and was following/ pot lickers coming as the banks we was catching on went to slim to none from the pressure. So the best part of your story was you have to move around and basically find fish that hasn’t been hit on that certain dock or for example we went way back in some creeks where no one was fishing it and found a mother load.

I don’t know about pressure being bad for the well known good docks. I went behind someone on on e dock and wore them out. Most struggle to shoot docks effectively. Have to shoot 30-40 ft back on some and sometimes they are all around one post. I fish a lot of the same ones year after year but added several this year that held them good and I had never fished them. Who knows if they are good docks or not but if they are good they should replenish

Re: Cedar creek lake [Re: KidKrappie] #14345691 04/17/22 01:26 PM
R
Ron Douthit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Docks on points are definitely getting hammered right now. Yesterday on CC my son-in-law and I were fishing brush piles about 50 yards from a dock on a point that gets a lot of pressure. We were pulling in fish after fish for about 15 minutes. A boat was fishing the dock and I only saw them catch 2 fish.

Anthony's video on CC shows just how productive dock fishing can be but I prefer to fish brush piles because it's easier -- especially for my guests. I suppose if I were fishing from a bass boat it might not be as hard but from a pontoon boat it's a bit tedious to shoot docks.

The brush piles are really heating up now. There are huge post spawn schools building up on brush piles in 12 to 20 FOW. My son-in-law and I caught 32 yesterday and 29 the day before -- each trip was less than 2 hours long.

Re: Cedar creek lake [Re: harperbird] #14346498 04/18/22 03:12 PM
R
Ron Douthit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I went out from 4 - 6pm yesterday and caught 34 on brush in 10 - 12 FOW. Also of note on CC, the shad spawn has started to some extent. Starting to see fish hitting the shad at dawn along my sea wall.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide