Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14340324 04/11/22 11:49 AM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
3 fish limit or 5? I've fished solo tournament trails before and I've fished both with 5 fish and 3. I liked the three fish trail the best.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14340337 04/11/22 12:19 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Info on the club?

Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14340342 04/11/22 12:27 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
if you are fishing a team trail especially one that involves some travel, team concept makes more sense especially with the high cost of gas and everything related to fishing...

Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14340353 04/11/22 12:35 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Club tourneys make little sense except for fun these days. You have to win just to cover fuel costs

#MFGA
Re: Tournament poll [Re: Dubee] #14340482 04/11/22 02:49 PM
D
Dogfish_Jones Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
I prefer individual tournaments. I fish many team tournaments but I fish them alone. I’m not anti team concept here, but I just find I can concentrate a lot more and never have to worry about the person at the back of the boat. It never fails I move into a spot that is holding fish and the next thing I hear is, “ I’m hung up”.
When I do fish our club tournaments my wife usually fishies them with me. I enjoy that, especially when she catches a few of them.
I do not think I’m at any disadvantage fishing alone but the facts pretty much tell me I am since there are two lures in the water compared to one for me. I just look at it as I just need the biggest 5 fish. There I think I can compete against two. Both boats only can weigh in 5…..that’s equal to me.

If you are fishing a team tournament and your partner is on the back deck. You are doing it wrong. Why wouldn't you be shoulder to shoulder on the front deck. I don't allow anyone to fish off the back of my boat

I have way too many rods on the deck for two people to fish. Heck its hard enough for me to not step on my rods. I usually have around 15 or so on my deck when fishing.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: Tournament poll [Re: Douglas J] #14340489 04/11/22 02:56 PM
D
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Club tourneys make little sense except for fun these days. You have to win just to cover fuel costs

Club tournaments are my fun type of tournaments. As I am getting older but not wiser it seems......I find our club tournaments the most rewarding of all the tournaments I fish in. I have little by little reduced my tournaments each year. I now maybe fish the larger benefit tournaments and some 50+ boats ones close by. My days of those 200+ tournaments are over for me.Our club has about 40 members and it is great to fish with them all and we all have a great time on and off the water. Cost factor to me is not the issue, it is how much fun am I having. I am so far in the hole with boat, rods/reels. tackle I would have to win a $500,000 tournament to maybe break even and that isn't going to happen, so I just enjoy the time I can compete with my buddies.

Re: Tournament poll [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14340507 04/11/22 03:21 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
I prefer individual tournaments. I fish many team tournaments but I fish them alone. I’m not anti team concept here, but I just find I can concentrate a lot more and never have to worry about the person at the back of the boat. It never fails I move into a spot that is holding fish and the next thing I hear is, “ I’m hung up”.
When I do fish our club tournaments my wife usually fishies them with me. I enjoy that, especially when she catches a few of them.
I do not think I’m at any disadvantage fishing alone but the facts pretty much tell me I am since there are two lures in the water compared to one for me. I just look at it as I just need the biggest 5 fish. There I think I can compete against two. Both boats only can weigh in 5…..that’s equal to me.

If you are fishing a team tournament and your partner is on the back deck. You are doing it wrong. Why wouldn't you be shoulder to shoulder on the front deck. I don't allow anyone to fish off the back of my boat

I have way too many rods on the deck for two people to fish. Heck its hard enough for me to not step on my rods. I usually have around 15 or so on my deck when fishing.

I will usually have anywhere from 5-15 on the deck plus whoever is with me will have that many on the deck. There is no reason to have someone fish off the back deck especially in a team tournament

Re: Tournament poll [Re: Dubee] #14340524 04/11/22 03:33 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I will usually have anywhere from 5-15 on the deck plus whoever is with me will have that many on the deck. There is no reason to have someone fish off the back deck especially in a team tournament

To cozy for me, I need my space!

Re: Tournament poll [Re: Douglas J] #14340563 04/11/22 04:32 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

If you are fishing club tourneys for money, you are fishing them for the wrong reasons IMO.

The money is just a bonus to the comradary, technique sharing, stories, etc.

Its fun fishing with a little competition.

Last edited by sprigsss; 04/11/22 04:33 PM.
Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14340610 04/11/22 05:13 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
3 fish limit team or solo for me.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Tournament poll [Re: Dubee] #14340638 04/11/22 05:31 PM
D
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
I am to much of a walker to have someone up front with me. I let them stay in the back and catch all of the fish I keep missing.

Re: Tournament poll [Re: sprigsss] #14340943 04/11/22 11:02 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by sprigsss

If you are fishing club tourneys for money, you are fishing them for the wrong reasons IMO.

The money is just a bonus to the comradary, technique sharing, stories, etc.

Its fun fishing with a little competition.

I am good on money, but when you cannot pay for the fuel for the day and maybe lunch then it's pointless. I am talking about clubs who have the same entry fee as it was 10-20 years ago.

And I said, "Club tourneys make little sense except for fun these days".

I just mean clubs should grow as the world grows, so it can make sense to fish them.

Honestly I fish our club because it has some very good anglers and it's rewarding when you're able to beat them.

#MFGA
Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14341157 04/12/22 02:47 AM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I don’t like fishing alone anymore. If my fat [censored] falls out I want somebody there to help me .

Re: Tournament poll [Re: Dubee] #14341593 04/12/22 04:54 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W

Depends. I have no problem with someone on the front deck with me if we’re pitching, but we get in each other’s way if we’re casting moving baits.

Re: Tournament poll [Re: pdawg] #14341594 04/12/22 04:57 PM
BrockstaRama Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'd prefer solo

When I am not fishing I am thinking about fishing. And mostly what I should have done differently my last trip!
#Brockstarama
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide