Forums59
Topics1,039,337
Posts13,963,081
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: cephusjoe] #14335820 04/06/22 04:19 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by cephusjoe
Originally Posted by Tex20
Of course my main concern when buying my boat, paying my boat insurance, filling up with $4 gas in the boat, and filling up truck with near $5 diesel is that my co angler has equal time choosing where, what, and how he wants to fish. How dare the boater fish the way he wants to!

I don’t think you’re addressing the problem.

lol, there is no problem. Owners boat, owners rules. It’s not a partnership.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: tmd11111] #14335902 04/06/22 12:01 PM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Buy your own boat and fish from the front, problem solved.

Most co’s have boats just as nice or better than yours!!

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: grout-scout] #14335904 04/06/22 12:01 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Of course my main concern when buying my boat, paying my boat insurance, filling up with $4 gas in the boat, and filling up truck with near $5 diesel is that my co angler has equal time choosing where, what, and how he wants to fish. How dare the boater fish the way he wants to!

That’s what I’m thinking. WHAT, exactly, is the problem? My boat, my rules.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: jiggmann] #14335906 04/06/22 12:02 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by jiggmann

But they don’t have the balls or skill to fish as a boater?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: jiggmann] #14335935 04/06/22 12:42 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Doubtful because if their pockets were deep enough to have a rig like mine they wouldn't be hitchhiking in someone else's boat. Or like Steez says, no skill's

Last edited by tmd11111; 04/06/22 12:45 PM.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335936 04/06/22 12:43 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
Recently, I fished a Toyota Series as a non boater and the pro I fished with on Day 2 was catching fish using Livescope and a jerk bait. He was chasing wolf packs of bass in open water and doing quite well. We were in 45 foot of water with no cover and I had nothing to throw at. The previous day I had done really well and I was in contention for a nice check. However, I totally understood what the pro was doing and he was quite successful. I learned quite a bit and there was no complaining from me.

This last weekend I fished as a boater in the BFL. I too, spent a large portion of time chasing fish and the co-angler had times when there was very little to throw at. There was quite a bit of complaining going on as the non-boater wasn't interested in a lesson they were competing. I decided to change things up to give my co-angler a decent shot at some fish. I would rather have an enjoyable day in the boat than the top 100 finish I was trending to anyway. Plus, I know how much it sucks to have no shot at catching fish. After all, this was just a BFL (Something I think some of the other "BFL Bass Pro's" could be reminded of).

Is Livescope Killing the Co-angler?

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn a technique that many try but few truly master. People pay $1000 plus for someone to teach them that technique. Sound like you got a hell of a deal. Seriously, learning is the whole point of being a co angler. People seem to forget that. If you approach it any other way it will be filled with disappointment. Thankfully most boaters are not like the get off my lawn crowd that have made this post go three pages.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14335952 04/06/22 12:52 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
Recently, I fished a Toyota Series as a non boater and the pro I fished with on Day 2 was catching fish using Livescope and a jerk bait. He was chasing wolf packs of bass in open water and doing quite well. We were in 45 foot of water with no cover and I had nothing to throw at. The previous day I had done really well and I was in contention for a nice check. However, I totally understood what the pro was doing and he was quite successful. I learned quite a bit and there was no complaining from me.

This last weekend I fished as a boater in the BFL. I too, spent a large portion of time chasing fish and the co-angler had times when there was very little to throw at. There was quite a bit of complaining going on as the non-boater wasn't interested in a lesson they were competing. I decided to change things up to give my co-angler a decent shot at some fish. I would rather have an enjoyable day in the boat than the top 100 finish I was trending to anyway. Plus, I know how much it sucks to have no shot at catching fish. After all, this was just a BFL (Something I think some of the other "BFL Bass Pro's" could be reminded of).

Is Livescope Killing the Co-angler?

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn a technique that many try but few truly master. People pay $1000 plus for someone to teach them that technique. Sound like you got a hell of a deal. Seriously, learning is the whole point of being a co angler. People seem to forget that. If you approach it any other way it will be filled with disappointment. Thankfully most boaters are not like the get off my lawn crowd that have made this post go three pages.

I truly was joking with my comment on screw the co angler. Haha. But, saying that, they really really can be a PITA.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335970 04/06/22 01:08 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Long before Forward Facing Sonar there were guys that could locate open water schools and fish for them. The co-angler should have put a similar bait on and been long casting around the area as well hoping to intersect one of the schools. The Boater in a tournament has ZERO responsibility to ensure the co angler catches fish. They shouldn't intentionally try to make it more difficult on the Co but it should never be expected that the Boater changes anything he/she would do if they were fishing an individual event of that level. It is NOT a team tournament. Co-anglers sign up to fish these events knowing they are not in control of where they fish, how they fish, what technique they are going to fish. The only way to have a say so in those things is to sign up as a Boater and get after it. I have always treated Co-anglers with respect if they were treating me with respect and have even gone out of my way to try to help them get a limit once I had mine and felt like I was sitting in a good place BUT I did not see that as my responsibility/obligation to them....that was just me being nice to someone that had been respectful to me as well.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14336031 04/06/22 01:57 PM
TallBaldCypress Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
As a co angler I have to figure out how to catch fish with whatever opportunity the boater gives me and if I don't it's my own fault. Complaining doesn't change that bottom-line. I've tried!

Last edited by TallBaldCypress; 04/06/22 01:59 PM.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14336061 04/06/22 02:10 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
And don't forget about the entry fee. Boaters often pay 3-5 times the entry fee a co-angler pays. I think there are a lot of comments from people who really don't understand co-angler tournaments. These are not team tournaments. Boaters are fishing to win. They are not fishing to help their co-angler win, who isn't even competing in the same tournament. Fishing as a co-angler, IMO, is more about improving your skills. Ideally, you get paired with a boater who you can learn from. Of course, a good boater will take into consideration there is another angler competing in the back of his boat and allow him/her opportunities.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: spacejunkie] #14336069 04/06/22 02:14 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Dumb question I know but with the size of the front ends of the boats now days why not have two anglers in the front of the boat fishing?

Against the rules, co-angler cannot cast off the front deck, must cast off the back, I guess maybe they could cast from the floor too not positive on the middle? There was a big incident with FLW tour where a co lost the tournament or co-angler AOY because go pro video showed him casting off the front deck by accident so he got the DQ.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14336095 04/06/22 02:31 PM
C
cephusjoe Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by grout-scout

That’s what I’m thinking. WHAT, exactly, is the problem? My boat, my rules.

The op was just addressing that ffs is not particularly good for the co angler. He fished as a co and a boater using ffs. Lol my boat my, my rules…. Pay my insurance. I don’t think that’s the intent of the discussion. It’s like you are looking for an argument.

Mcurtain county okie
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: tmd11111] #14336103 04/06/22 02:34 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Doubtful because if their pockets were deep enough to have a rig like mine they wouldn't be hitchhiking in someone else's boat. Or like Steez says, no skill's

Lol my favorite was the coangler that wrote his initials on his Gatorade bottle to be sure I wouldn’t steal one, while it soaked in my ice in my cooler…😆

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14336127 04/06/22 02:50 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
I decided to fish as a co this weekend since there is something going on close to the house. I did it 20 plus years ago before I had a boat. Now I just don’t have time to prefish and it’s a good way to get to fish but not have the time to put into it. Luck of the draw who really cares be cool if I get in the boat with a junk fisherman everyday but doubtful.

My worst nightmare is getting in the boat with some flat bill wearing kid tight lining staring at a screen with a YouTube channel. That being said I was front ended 20 plus years ago before todays technology.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14336138 04/06/22 02:59 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
IMO the individual format is the way to go. If you want a back seater fish a team trail event.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide