Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Randell Lake #14328438 03/28/22 05:38 PM
Gilly1991 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Anyone have any recent updates? I have scoured and can't seem to find any solid information on it.
I would love to take my kayak up there, but don't wanna make the drive to be turned around.
From what I can tell, the state still owns the surrounding land, just didn't know if it was accessible.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
-Nick G

If you think you're the smartest man in the room, you're not. If you know you're the smartest man in the room, find a different room.
Re: Randell Lake [Re: Gilly1991] #14328564 03/28/22 07:15 PM
Chris B Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Last I heard it was only open to Denison residents.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Randell Lake [Re: Chris B] #14328605 03/28/22 07:52 PM
Gilly1991 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Chris B

That's about the only information I can find on it. I have no idea how strict they are about that though.

It may just be worth the drive up there to find out. If it's a no go, I can always put in somewhere on Texoma.

If you think you're the smartest man in the room, you're not. If you know you're the smartest man in the room, find a different room.
Re: Randell Lake [Re: Gilly1991] #14328850 03/29/22 12:04 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Gilly1991
Originally Posted by Chris B

That's about the only information I can find on it. I have no idea how strict they are about that though.

It may just be worth the drive up there to find out. If it's a no go, I can always put in somewhere on Texoma.

311 acres. Looks like a nice little lake. How would they know if you are "from" Denison? Is there someone out there checking licenses?

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Randell Lake [Re: Gilly1991] #14329568 03/29/22 07:28 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Just received this from the City of Denison Water Plant Superintendent:

Gentlemen,

Randell Lake is a private lake owned by the City of Denison. We restrict access and only allow Denison residents and their guests to use the lake for their recreation during daylight hours.

Please see the following City of Denison Ordiance.

Sec. 18-138. - Randell Lake Reservation; rules and regulations.
Rules and regulations. The city manager or his or her designee is hereby authorized to promulgate rules and regulations related to the operation of Randell Lake Reservation and its facilities, including the following:
(1)
Providing guidelines for the reservation and facilities;
(2)
Establishing rental equipment policies and rates; and
(3)
Providing for reservation hours of operation.
(b)
Restricted access. Randell Lake Reservation is a restricted area owned by the City of Denison, Texas for the purpose of providing municipal water to its citizens. Access is therefore restricted to Denison residents and their accompanied guests. Randell Lake Reservation shall be open at sunrise and close at sunset. It shall be unlawful for a resident of Denison to be in Randell Lake Reservation before sunrise or after sunset. It shall be unlawful for any other person who is not a resident or employee of Denison, or accompanied by a resident or employee of Denison during permitted hours, to enter Lake Randell Reservation.
(c)
Restrictions on fishing. Any resident of the city, and any such resident's accompanied guest, may fish in Randell Lake without any payment of a fee. It shall be unlawful for any other person to fish at Randell Lake. It is unlawful for a person under the age of sixteen (16) and unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian to fish. It is unlawful to hunt or fish in any area within the Randell Lake Reservation which has been posted as a restricted area.
(d)
Restrictions on use of motorboats on lakes; safety. It shall be unlawful to use a gas-powered motor larger than ten (10) horse power. It shall be unlawful to use a boat exceeding twenty (20) feet in length. It shall be unlawful to leave or permit to be left any type of unattended boat, canoe or raft in the lake or reservation.
(e)
Prohibited conduct. It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in any of the following conduct while within the boundaries of the Randell Lake Reservation:
(1)
To bathe, swim, wade or waterski.
(2)
Violate any applicable local, state or federal laws including, but not limited to, required hunting and fishing game laws and licenses.
(3)
To operate or ride in any boat, canoe or vessel without having immediately available a flotation device meeting the minimum specifications of the U. S. Coast Guard for each occupant of the boat, canoe or vessel.
(4)
To build any fire except in grills provided or in designated areas.
(5)
To leave an un-extinguished fire in the reservation unattended by a person eighteen (18) years of age or older.
(6)
To carry or discharge any type of firearm, except during the special waterfowl season pursuant to section 18-138(f). However, the exception in section 18-138(f) does not apply to the area within the chain-linked section of the Randell Lake Reservation.
(7)
To hunt, fish, drive, walk in or occupy any area which has been posted as a restricted area.
(8)
To operate any motor-powered vehicle off the designated driving areas and roads already established and marked.
(9)
To light, discharge or cause to be discharged any kind of fireworks.
(10)
To violate any rules and regulations that are clearly posted at the boundary or within Randell Lake Reservation.
(11)
To violate any of the provisions in the Special Waterfowl Huntng Season Rules below in section 18-138(f).
(f)
Special Waterfowl Hunting Season Rules. This subsection provides for waterfowl hunting by Denison residents and their guests during such hunting seasons as may be established by state and federal agencies having the authority to establish and regulate such hunting. The water superintendent of the city is hereby authorized and instructed to promulgate rules and regulations providing for the number and allocation of blinds within the reservation. In the event that the public demand for blinds exceeds the number of blinds available, the superintendent shall use a random drawing in assigning blinds and their locations.
It is unlawful for any person to violate any of the following provisions:
(1)
Not having a valid duck blind permit, in your name, issued by the City of Denison, for that hunting season.
(2)
Cutting trees or brush in the placement or construction of a blind.
(3)
Possessing more than one (1) shotgun per person.
(4)
Using or possessing ammunition greater weight than #2 shot.
(5)
Gaining access to the reservation prior to one (1) hour before sunrise or remaining at the reservation beyond one (1) hour after sunset.
(6)
Not hunting within twenty-five (25) feet of the numbered post indicating the blind site assigned to you.
(7)
Hunters must be eighteen (18) years of age or older or unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
(8)
Failing to remove the blind and all personal property, including but not limited to all decoys, luring devices, and jugs from the reservation within ten (10) days of the close of the waterfowl hunting season.
(Ord. No. 4883, ยง 2, 6-19-17)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide