Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: TylersReelFishing] #14328362 03/28/22 04:43 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by TylersReelFishing
Originally Posted by emorydog
[quote=Walker61]See above on the derby definition. It’s really not that complicated.

Well BPT is not open to the general public...so by definition its a little more complicated than not that complicated.

Originally Posted by Walker61
See above on the derby definition. It’s really not that complicated.

It seems you’re very misinformed. All BPT events are open to the general public, and are 100% free to attend. I know this because I work on tour and am at every event. The same can’t be said about The Classic in Greenville this year. I had to pay $10 to park and still had to walk a long ways to get to the expo center. Both are fun events though filled with people who love bass fishing. If you can’t get on board with that, then you need to find a different sport to follow. I hear NBA players like to complain a lot, maybe start there

Oh snap, you had too play to park and walk to the expo? Yea, BASS sucks.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14328405 03/28/22 05:12 PM
TylersReelFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Where did I say BASS sucks??😂 I enjoyed it a ton! Just sharing the facts that it was not 100% free and that BPT events are open to the public. Both simple facts

Last edited by TylersReelFishing; 03/28/22 05:12 PM.

Yes, I am one of them "YouTubers"
Aggie Class of 2019

Check out my Youtube channel at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TylersReelFishing
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: TylersReelFishing] #14328434 03/28/22 05:36 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Where did I say BASS sucks??😂 I enjoyed it a ton! Just sharing the facts that it was not 100% free and that BPT events are open to the public. Both simple facts

You said BPT was free and BASS wasn't, your words implied it, I was emphasizing the 'snarkiness' of your post

Last edited by MagFluker; 03/28/22 05:37 PM.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #14328475 03/28/22 05:59 PM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD
In reference to Bobby Lanes fish, it was re-weighed twice according to the rule. The first weight was called 1-15, it was weighed again at 1-15, the third and last time , according to the rules, the weight was 2-0.The fish WAS NOT weighed more than three times, watch the replay. eeks

The fish was weighed 4 times read 1-15 3 times go watch the re play

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: T-Slab] #14328479 03/28/22 06:05 PM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by T-Slab
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

Originally Posted by T-Slab
JHS. Nice edit! I don’t remember seeing Greg Hackney fishing today?? Must be a has been!

Was wondering where my comment went about Hackney. He is a has been. He has been a BASS AOY. He has been the winner of a few blue trophies and one day he will be the winner of a Classic. And we all know without a Classic or a BASS AOY you’ll never be considered one of the greats. Kids don’t go to bed dreaming about winning the redcrest in front of 7 fans or attending the “thunderbolt ball” or whatever [censored] name they came up with. It’s all about the Classic and the events surrounding it.

roflmao according to grout-scout Wheeler is best all time!

I would put money on it that he will be sooner than later

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: jiggmann] #14328518 03/28/22 06:29 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by jiggmann
In reference to Bobby Lanes fish, it was re-weighed twice according to the rule. The first weight was called 1-15, it was weighed again at 1-15, the third and last time , according to the rules, the weight was 2-0.The fish WAS NOT weighed more than three times, watch the replay. eeks

The fish was only weighed THREE times. After the first called weight, Bobby put the fish back on the scale before it was zeroed. NO weight was called when this happened. Bobby took the fish off the scale, and for the second time the weight was 1-15. The third and final weight was 2-0, per the rules. Go watch the replay again. de

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: TylersReelFishing] #14328624 03/28/22 08:03 PM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
[quote=Walker61]See above on the derby definition. It’s really not that complicated.

Well BPT is not open to the general public...so by definition its a little more complicated than not that complicated.

It seems you’re very misinformed. All BPT events are open to the general public, and are 100% free to attend. I know this because I work on tour and am at every event. The same can’t be said about The Classic in Greenville this year. I had to pay $10 to park and still had to walk a long ways to get to the expo center. Both are fun events though filled with people who love bass fishing. If you can’t get on board with that, then you need to find a different sport to follow. I hear NBA players like to complain a lot, maybe start there

Now let's be real about this. BASS did not charge you to park. The CITY OF GREENVILLE charged you to park.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14328644 03/28/22 08:18 PM
C
champRD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I can see it now, Christie needs 17.9 to win the classic and it comes up 17.8 and they pick the bag up and drop it back in the basket several times and it comes up 17.9 for the win! I like Bobby Lane and both formats , but that reweigh rule is pretty shakey at best with what's on the line in that case. I would suspect they will revisit that rule at some point but for now it's a rule they supported as anglers.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: rbspots] #14328670 03/28/22 08:47 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by rbspots

Now let's be real about this. BASS did not charge you to park. The CITY OF GREENVILLE charged you to park.

Six to one half a dozen to the other- I can see it both ways. Both leagues pay to rent venues, with or without parking included in the fee they paid. RedCrest had free parking- many events at the facility charge to park, many don’t.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: grandbassslayer] #14328699 03/28/22 09:10 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by rbspots

Six to one half a dozen to the other- I can see it both ways. Both leagues pay to rent venues, with or without parking included in the fee they paid. RedCrest had free parking- many events at the facility charge to park, many don’t.

the cities where the classic or redcrest is held pay BASS or MLF to hold their weigh-in/expo there and tournament at a nearby lake...hopefully someone with inside knowledge can tell us whether BASS/ or MLF pay for use of the weigh-in location and who receives the revenue from the various exhibitors.....I've been told that one of the reasons the anglers left BASS and formed MLF was that the classic and TV show was generating huge revenue for BASS and anglers were receiving none of it and still fishing for their own entry fees....

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #14328750 03/28/22 10:23 PM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by jiggmann

The fish was only weighed THREE times. After the first called weight, Bobby put the fish back on the scale before it was zeroed. NO weight was called when this happened. Bobby took the fish off the scale, and for the second time the weight was 1-15. The third and final weight was 2-0, per the rules. Go watch the replay again. de

10-4! I see now

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: champRD] #14328777 03/28/22 11:06 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted by champRD
I can see it now, Christie needs 17.9 to win the classic and it comes up 17.8 and they pick the bag up and drop it back in the basket several times and it comes up 17.9 for the win! I like Bobby Lane and both formats , but that reweigh rule is pretty shakey at best with what's on the line in that case. I would suspect they will revisit that rule at some point but for now it's a rule they supported as anglers.

This is a very good point.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14328794 03/28/22 11:21 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
As long as the rule Is followed equally I don’t see the big deal. I have rode in the Toyota TTBC and Bassfest. Generally they like to be able to re-weigh. The digital scales BASS uses are real accurate. You might get a 1oz on a re-weigh. Most of the time it weighs the same. They can all re-weigh.

They are leery of the accuracy of using separate scales. That’s natural when 1oz could be considerable prize money. When the scales weigh the same object that weighs 5.0# they all weighed 5.0# or at least the ones I saw them try did. Trip said they periodically check them all.

Even though Lane won by 1# 3oz that last Bass had to be 2.0# to be scoreable. So the re-weigh rule determined the outcome of the tournament. However the rule was set long before. Had Clausen caught a similar fish he would have done the same thing.

$250,000 re-weigh.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 03/28/22 11:43 PM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14328820 03/28/22 11:45 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Had to look it up, more like a 250k swing in prize money for 1st and 2nd.

Last edited by MagFluker; 03/28/22 11:46 PM.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Fishspanker] #14329592 03/29/22 08:11 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
As long as the rule Is followed equally I don’t see the big deal. I have rode in the Toyota TTBC and Bassfest. Generally they like to be able to re-weigh. The digital scales BASS uses are real accurate. You might get a 1oz on a re-weigh. Most of the time it weighs the same. They can all re-weigh.

They are leery of the accuracy of using separate scales. That’s natural when 1oz could be considerable prize money. When the scales weigh the same object that weighs 5.0# they all weighed 5.0# or at least the ones I saw them try did. Trip said they periodically check them all.

Even though Lane won by 1# 3oz that last Bass had to be 2.0# to be scoreable. So the re-weigh rule determined the outcome of the tournament. However the rule was set long before. Had Clausen caught a similar fish he would have done the same thing.

$250,000 re-weigh.

All depends on the situation, throw that bass in the livewell and what if he pukes on the way back to the weigh in, how much weight does he lose then? Its a different game and B Lane was just playing by the rules and happened to work out on the good side for him.

Last edited by SC-001; 03/29/22 08:13 PM.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide