D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by ezbassin
It sounds like something is wrong with so many people having issues, im just glad I have never had any from them including an order I placed with them this year. No issues and quick shipping. I guess I am lucky there.
I must say that with all the issues people have posted about does have me hesitant about ordering from them.

I heard that several sporting goods online places got hacked over the holidays, not just tackle warehouse.

unless you got the most rinky dink bank or credit card companies...you got nothing to worry about. Credit card fraud happens....at this point its a slight inconvenience for the consumer because the CC and debit card companies are so good at spotting things. I get hacked pretty much regularly...even got my debit card hit WITH MY PIN number withdrawing from an ATM. Thats the longest I had to wait to get my money back and it was like 3 days. All the other times my bank/debit card company or credit card company called me and asked me if I made the purchases, I said no. They cancelled and reissued. With the CCs it just ended things. With the debit card ones they sent me back the withdrawn funds that same(ish) day. So didnt put me out at all.

Shop on. it wasnt a TW problem...it was a payment processor problem. TW isnt the payment processor, plain and simple.

People my age (50"s) and older seem to seek out things to freak out about dealing with electronics, especially when dealing with money. We are truly the last generation that wasn't raised with smart phones, tablets and everything electronic in our face from childhood on. Plus many in my age group are already the "blue hair get off my lawn" type people.

Funny thing is I see is many men in my age group are bigger Karens than their post-menopausal wives.

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14317707 03/16/22 11:24 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
I just wish they’d get my hooks in stock

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: bockscar] #14317988 03/17/22 04:21 AM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
It sounds like something is wrong with so many people having issues, im just glad I have never had any from them including an order I placed with them this year. No issues and quick shipping. I guess I am lucky there.
I must say that with all the issues people have posted about does have me hesitant about ordering from them.

I heard that several sporting goods online places got hacked over the holidays, not just tackle warehouse.

unless you got the most rinky dink bank or credit card companies...you got nothing to worry about. Credit card fraud happens..at this point its a slight inconvenience for the consumer because the CC and debit card companies are so good at spotting things. I get hacked pretty much regularly...even got my debit card hit WITH MY PIN number withdrawing from an ATM. Thats the longest I had to wait to get my money back and it was like 3 days. All the other times my bank/debit card company or credit card company called me and asked me if I made the purchases, I said no. They cancelled and reissued. With the CCs it just ended things. With the debit card ones they sent me back the withdrawn funds that same(ish) day. So didnt put me out at all.

Shop on. it wasnt a TW problem...it was a payment processor problem. TW isnt the payment processor, plain and simple.

You're 100% right TW isn't the payment processor. I've covered retail helping eComm and digital transformation projects for several years so I know the space. But..... TW owns the relationship with their customer base and they should have come clean as soon as they knew there was a problem and they should have done everything in their power to smooth this over. My company posts system status on all our data centers on the web for all to see. If we take downtime, we immediately inform effected customers. People depend on us to run their business including eComm and if we're down they're not taking orders. At a minimum they should have offered very good discounts to anyone effected, and reached out and apologized. It's just good business to be transparent and take care of your customers. Business is not that complicated. Do unto others....

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14318121 03/17/22 01:15 PM
Sabre-'22 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Yep I have been in IT my entire career, that is a very true statement. Full discloser is a must.

Here is the response TW gave me on my most recents order
"With high order volume and low staff we are delayed here. Your order is set to go out this week. Please e-mail info@tacklewarehouse.com or call 1-800-300-4916 and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Tackle Warehouse."

I would suggest moving out of California and I would suggest finding a way to get those that are working to a faster process with pay incentives. But just like the CC, they don't say ANYTHING about orders taking a week to ship. Just some half @ss comments about delays. I doubt this stuff will make it for my tournment next week. Had they been clear, I could have taken my business elsewhere.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14318188 03/17/22 02:09 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I have been ordering from other places and they’ll ship the item the same day, but it’ll sit at UPS or FEDEX for days before being sent. Nothing I have ordered has been coming on the supposed to date. Just saying it might not be them 100% (it could be too though, they also have a location in Georgia though)

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14318205 03/17/22 02:27 PM
Sabre-'22 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Same thing here, but at least they ship them. TW takes your order and you hope that it ships in a day or two at most. In my case I am not 4 business days in yet again and it still has not been boxed up and shipping label created.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14318256 03/17/22 03:03 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Note to self....TW bad....all other websites good. Sounds like I need to renew my BPS membership.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Greg W] #14318391 03/17/22 05:08 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Douglas J

unless you got the most rinky dink bank or credit card companies...you got nothing to worry about. Credit card fraud happens....at this point its a slight inconvenience for the consumer because the CC and debit card companies are so good at spotting things. I get hacked pretty much regularly...even got my debit card hit WITH MY PIN number withdrawing from an ATM. Thats the longest I had to wait to get my money back and it was like 3 days. All the other times my bank/debit card company or credit card company called me and asked me if I made the purchases, I said no. They cancelled and reissued. With the CCs it just ended things. With the debit card ones they sent me back the withdrawn funds that same(ish) day. So didnt put me out at all.

People my age (50"s) and older seem to seek out things to freak out about dealing with electronics, especially when dealing with money. We are truly the last generation that wasn't raised with smart phones, tablets and everything electronic in our face from childhood on. Plus many in my age group are already the "blue hair get off my lawn" type people.

Funny thing is I see is many men in my age group are bigger Karens than their post-menopausal wives.

Complaining helps keep the blood flowing! LOL

Originally Posted by Greg W

unless you got the most rinky dink bank or credit card companies...you got nothing to worry about. Credit card fraud happens..at this point its a slight inconvenience for the consumer because the CC and debit card companies are so good at spotting things. I get hacked pretty much regularly...even got my debit card hit WITH MY PIN number withdrawing from an ATM. Thats the longest I had to wait to get my money back and it was like 3 days. All the other times my bank/debit card company or credit card company called me and asked me if I made the purchases, I said no. They cancelled and reissued. With the CCs it just ended things. With the debit card ones they sent me back the withdrawn funds that same(ish) day. So didnt put me out at all.

You're 100% right TW isn't the payment processor. I've covered retail helping eComm and digital transformation projects for several years so I know the space. But..... TW owns the relationship with their customer base and they should have come clean as soon as they knew there was a problem and they should have done everything in their power to smooth this over. My company posts system status on all our data centers on the web for all to see. If we take downtime, we immediately inform effected customers. People depend on us to run their business including eComm and if we're down they're not taking orders. At a minimum they should have offered very good discounts to anyone effected, and reached out and apologized. It's just good business to be transparent and take care of your customers. Business is not that complicated. Do unto others....

I will not disagree with that angle of it. Id say that that can be described as bad customer service. So for me thats my one negative mark against the 3-4 positive marks I have from having to personally deal with TW for customer service reasons. So it may have been less than ideal customer service....but Id still say their customer service is second to none. I once literally talked myself out of returning a rod just cuz the dude on the phone was so nice and willing to accommodate my request. It was a dobyns colt with an eyelet problem and its such a cheap rod and shipping rods is so inexpensive I just took the L and kept it (Dobyns mailed me free eyelets afterward, shout out to Dobyns customer service too).

So I dont disagree with that, but their good eclipses this one bad for me. Everyone uses it...but ill give them that covid/cali excuse. so i just really see them as a good company, that doenst deserve some of the bashing theve got the last 2 years

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14318405 03/17/22 05:21 PM
Sabre-'22 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
At the end of the day, their service is not and has not been what it once was. As a business it is your job to do what you can to hold the same standard and if you can't just be 100% clear with your customers. At this point they HAVE NOT. I use them a lot or did, but that has gone down because "NOT" knowing when items will ship is not acceptable and using covid/cali is not viable. You can't hardly get them on the phone anymore either. I hate they are in this situation, but I have started going else where mostly because I have no idea when the parts will ship.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: bockscar] #14318408 03/17/22 05:24 PM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
well, I'm pretty pumped today. My sales rep just gave me a $300 gift certificate. So one thing I do like is they have a very complete line of options.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: bockscar] #14318987 03/18/22 03:07 AM
C
Crimson Tide Fan Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C

Unfortunately I was in the middle of a trip when my card number was compromised. It was a major inconvenience to have a couple thousand dollars worth of fraudulent charges on the card I use for travel.

As far as other issues, the last order I placed made it all the way to my local FedEx location before it was “lost in transit.” I know that happens, but I had to reach out to TW multiple times before it was resolved.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Greg W] #14319005 03/18/22 03:38 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Crimson Tide Fan

Unfortunately I was in the middle of a trip when my card number was compromised. It was a major inconvenience to have a couple thousand dollars worth of fraudulent charges on the card I use for travel.

As far as other issues, the last order I placed made it all the way to my local FedEx location before it was “lost in transit.” I know that happens, but I had to reach out to TW multiple times before it was resolved.

fair point! That would definitely be an inconvenience!

Originally Posted by Greg W
well, I'm pretty pumped today. My sales rep just gave me a $300 gift certificate. So one thing I do like is they have a very complete line of options.

I suggest you start the boycott immediately. Send me that gift certificate and ill make sure its handled.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14319807 03/18/22 11:46 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
I know a lot of people have issues with PayPal, but in my experience, they are one of the best ways to pay online. I've always paid Tackle Warehouse with PayPal and never had an issue. Always received good service and fast shipping from TW. I use PayPal as often as I can when making online purchases. It's an extra level of security between you and your money.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14319879 03/19/22 01:46 AM
CHIG68 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
No issues with any of my orders.

Re: Tackle Warehouse [Re: Ibock] #14326457 03/26/22 03:03 AM
B
Bazzectomy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I ordered a few things from them in the past, but not many. Within 2 weeks of finding out they had been hacked, guess what, I noticed three 85 cent charges on my credit card. That's a dead give away that the hackers are testing to see if you are monitoring your card. Had to contact the CC company and get new cards. I should have used PayPal. Lesson learned.

I agree TW should have come clean that they had been compromised. There is no excuse for not informing your customers ASAP. That is if you want to keep your customers.

Bazzectomy
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide