Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,000
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14306111 03/06/22 03:10 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I'm probably going to dump 15 to 20 gallons of fuel out of my starboard tank on my bug and refuel it with some Sea Foam. When I got my Skeeter both tanks were nearly empty, I started adding fuel to both tanks every time I'd fuel up splitting $40 between the two until I got them full. Apparently, the boat was run off the port side only because when I run off that tank my boat runs fine, if I switch over to the starboard tank my SHO runs awful. I had it on Fork yesterday and tried to run off the starboard tank and she didn't like it one bit, so I switched back and we ran fine the rest of the day. That's going to be expensive with gas prices being what they are. Anybody know where I can dispose of this old fuel in northeast Texas legally?
Legally? Sorry, no not legally! 🤔🤷ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ˜

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: joebass2] #14306113 03/06/22 03:12 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Here is what will really put like a basschamps tournament 4 hours away in perspective with inflation. This is from a 30 hour trip from Denton to Rayburn.

Truck Fuel: Two tanks at 150 a pop one there one back.
Boat Fuel: 100 bucks
Lodging at Rayburn country motel 190.00. (A lot of y'all have stayed here its nothing special but I imagine they jack up prices for big tournaments.
Entry Fee (this included membership) 410.00
Food: 100

To leave on Friday fish and come back 30 hours later cost us 1100 dollars. Not that us or anybody does this for money we would have needed to get 8th place or better out of 200 to cover our expenses and a top 3 to actually realize anything above expenses after you pay taxes.... 3rd place would have had us walking away with a whopping 840 dollars a piece.

The question is how long can people afford that? I realize that you can finance a boat for 15 years and a truck for who knows how long but you cant finance your expenses. Basschamps only drew 200 teams on RAYBURN so I think its already began on people cutting back on things. That being said it was fun and I have not caught that many fish in a very long time just couldn't get a big bite. had 12-13 pounds and threw em back and headed north. We were discussing inflation and how expensive just a one day trip was on the way home so I thought I would share.

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: Barrett] #14306139 03/06/22 03:31 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Barrett
Here is what will really put like a basschamps tournament 4 hours away in perspective with inflation. This is from a 30 hour trip from Denton to Rayburn.

Lodging at Rayburn country motel 190.00. (A lot of y'all have stayed here its nothing special but I imagine they jack up prices for big tournaments.

To leave on Friday fish and come back 30 hours later cost us 1100 dollars. Not that us or anybody does this for money we would have needed to get 8th place or better out of 200 to cover our expenses and a top 3 to actually realize anything above expenses after you pay taxes.

The question is how long can people afford that? I realize that you can finance a boat for 15 years and a truck for who knows how long but you cant finance your expenses. Basschamps only drew 200 teams on RAYBURN so I think its already began on people cutting back on things. That being said it was fun and I have not caught that many fish in a very long time just couldn't get a big bite. had 12-13 pounds and threw em back and headed north. We were discussing inflation and how expensive just a one day trip was on the way home so I thought I would share.

I'm feeling that right now for sure, I'm just trying to fish the ABA's and the BFL's enough to qualify for the championships and with these fuel prices that may be all she wrote. I've got one in college and if I didn't have that going on, I could pull together enough funding to pull it off even at $4 a gallon or better.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: 361V] #14306143 03/06/22 03:34 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by 361V
I'm probably going to dump 15 to 20 gallons of fuel out of my starboard tank on my bug and refuel it with some Sea Foam. When I got my Skeeter both tanks were nearly empty, I started adding fuel to both tanks every time I'd fuel up splitting $40 between the two until I got them full. Apparently, the boat was run off the port side only because when I run off that tank my boat runs fine, if I switch over to the starboard tank my SHO runs awful. I had it on Fork yesterday and tried to run off the starboard tank and she didn't like it one bit, so I switched back and we ran fine the rest of the day. That's going to be expensive with gas prices being what they are. Anybody know where I can dispose of this old fuel in northeast Texas legally?
Legally? Sorry, no not legally! 🤔🤷ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ˜

roflmao bolt

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14306155 03/06/22 03:47 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

put it in the tow vehicle

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: Douglas J] #14306166 03/06/22 04:04 PM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by basscaster46
Originally Posted by coosa
My uncle and I talked about this while fishing yesterday. He suggested $5 would make people cut back. I told him that I remembered having the exact same conversation with a friend of mine in the 70s. He said that when gas got to $1 a gallon the bass boats would disappear from the lake. I thought he was right. We were both very wrong.

I think $10 might see some of the guys with older rigs cutting back, but if you have $90k in a boat and $60k in the truck, I don't think the price of gas will slow many up. What WILL slow them up is no gas, or gas rationing. There are people in the world who would absolutely love for that to happen, and there are many in power right here in our own country.

All i can say is if your wallet can afford it go for it. But for most of us we will cut back as much as possible.
With inflation soaring now gas and diesel going up it’s gonna get tight for a lot of people.

If you have $120K+ in a boat and truck there is minimal effect on fuel prices.

All that means is you have good credit not that you are smart lmao

I got all day I’m retired
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: Barrett] #14306180 03/06/22 04:11 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

To leave on Friday fish and come back 30 hours later cost us 1100 dollars. Not that us or anybody does this for money we would have needed to get 8th place or better out of 200 to cover our expenses and a top 3 to actually realize anything above expenses after you pay taxes.

Good perspective. What makes that worse, is when you have plenty of work and can put in a day and guaranty money and spend the other day fishing a local lake.

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: basscaster46] #14306215 03/06/22 04:45 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by coosa
My uncle and I talked about this while fishing yesterday. He suggested $5 would make people cut back. I told him that I remembered having the exact same conversation with a friend of mine in the 70s. He said that when gas got to $1 a gallon the bass boats would disappear from the lake. I thought he was right. We were both very wrong.

I think $10 might see some of the guys with older rigs cutting back, but if you have $90k in a boat and $60k in the truck, I don't think the price of gas will slow many up. What WILL slow them up is no gas, or gas rationing. There are people in the world who would absolutely love for that to happen, and there are many in power right here in our own country.

All i can say is if your wallet can afford it go for it. But for most of us we will cut back as much as possible.
With inflation soaring now gas and diesel going up it’s gonna get tight for a lot of people.

If you have $120K+ in a boat and truck there is minimal effect on fuel prices.

120K shoot now days a 3/4 ton truck costs 85 grand and a boat with all the bells and whistles is another 90K plus. On average id say most people have at bare minimum 160K in their rigs.... I was thinking how crazy it was that there was 30 million plus in trucks and boats sitting in the parking lot of one boat ramp lol.

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14306219 03/06/22 04:50 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B

Put it in your truck. It’s not as picky on fuel as the boat.

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: Bobby Milam] #14306227 03/06/22 05:15 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

Put it in your truck. It’s not as picky on fuel as the boat.

75% agree... though, if the truck were low when you used it, I would add stabilizer and run fuel cleaners in your next tank of gas. Another option is use it for your lawn equipment.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: grout-scout] #14306278 03/06/22 06:26 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by fishnfireman

Diesel went up 70 cents this week in Amarillo.

You keep Winning those tournaments and gas won’t hurt you much! cheers

No doubt that would have paid for a lot of fuel and motels but my used Solix decided to take a [censored] this week and I don't have time to wait for repairs.. So I used the money to get a new one..

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: joebass2] #14306357 03/06/22 08:20 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
[quote=basscaster46][quote=coosa]My uncle and I talked about this while fishing yesterday. He suggested $5 would make people cut back. I told him that I remembered having the exact same conversation with a friend of mine in the 70s. He said that when gas got to $1 a gallon the bass boats would disappear from the lake. I thought he was right. We were both very wrong.

120K shoot now days a 3/4 ton truck costs 85 grand and a boat with all the bells and whistles is another 90K plus. On average id say most people have at bare minimum 160K in their rigs.... I was thinking how crazy it was that there was 30 million plus in trucks and boats sitting in the parking lot of one boat ramp lol.

I was speaking personally, my truck is a 2018 model. So, if it was the same as my boat, 2022, then I would be around $150K.

The prices of fuel will cut down on my random 200+ mile go and check lake so and so out trips. I guess I will just spend more time close to home.

Maybe I can get good on my home lake again.

#MFGA
Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: joebass2] #14306405 03/06/22 09:00 PM
B
B.K.S. Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
What I believe is that we are fixing to see who has payments up to their eyebrows on their fancy rigs & houses and who owns their stuff.

B.K.S.

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: B.K.S.] #14306428 03/06/22 09:35 PM
J
Jezreel Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by B.K.S.
What I believe is that we are fixing to see who has payments up to their eyebrows on their fancy rigs & houses and who owns their stuff.

Exactly. . .

Re: How high will gas need to get [Re: Jezreel] #14306457 03/06/22 10:06 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by Jezreel
Originally Posted by B.K.S.

Exactly. . .

hopefully i will be able to help someone out later on,,,,

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide