Forums59
Topics1,039,299
Posts13,962,481
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: JCBfromTHF] #14297940 02/26/22 04:13 PM
W
Wayne P. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
What ever happend to titanium wire spinnerbaits? I remember when the original Terminators hit the market just about every maker came out with their own titanium model as well. Now I am not even sure if Terminator still makes a titanium model.

The titanium wire has memory and to defeat the memory and make the R-bend for the line tie, it is heated which makes it brittle.

I have sent back several to be replaced that broke at the R-bend on the blade side where the 90 degree bend is. I got fed up will having to do that and quit purchasing that wire type.
It was a good idea until it wasn't.
Here are some that I did not bother to return:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Wayne P.; 02/26/22 04:14 PM.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N and G4N, 1198c SI, SOLIX 10 SI G3,
Helix 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL, RC-1
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Wayne P.] #14297955 02/26/22 04:33 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Wayne P.
What ever happend to titanium wire spinnerbaits? I remember when the original Terminators hit the market just about every maker came out with their own titanium model as well. Now I am not even sure if Terminator still makes a titanium model.

The titanium wire has memory and to defeat the memory and make the R-bend for the line tie, it is heated which makes it brittle.

I have sent back several to be replaced that broke at the R-bend on the blade side where the 90 degree bend is. I got fed up will having to do that and quit purchasing that wire type.

[Linked Image]

Interesting. Knew there had to be a good reason for it.

I always used the Manns Ti-Classic and BPS had a titanium version I liked as well. I never had issues with them but I did see one break in the same spot as yours but it wasnt my bait.

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Fish Killer] #14298031 02/26/22 05:22 PM
cjbles Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Originally Posted by Joel McBride
Find what you want here.
https://bumperstumper.com/

Click on a spinnerbait and you'll see the pptions.

Oh I’ve looked at their stuff and website But doesn’t give you options to change sizes on blades

They will customize for you. Just reach out to them.

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: cjbles] #14298060 02/26/22 05:42 PM
T
Theroofingguy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I send all my old spinnerbaits to Don Harper for complete rebuilds, better then new

Last edited by Theroofingguy; 02/26/22 05:43 PM.
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Fish Killer] #14298159 02/26/22 06:42 PM
M
Mulejockey1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I wish they would replace all the spinnerbaits in tackle stores with more designer baits. Spinnerbaits stopped working years ago.

I prefer peace.But if trouble must come let it come in my time. So that my children may live in peace

Paine
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Mulejockey1] #14298227 02/26/22 07:21 PM
L
Littledog Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted by Mulejockey1
I wish they would replace all the spinnerbaits in tackle stores with more designer baits. Spinnerbaits stopped working years ago.

I guess that means my Snagless Sally's are really useless. roflmao

Seriously;
Any good bass angler knows you often have to do your own modifications to get that "perfect" bait.
Change out hooks, replace split rings, better skirts, better swivels, change out blades, add lead tape, etc.
I have boxes of spinnerbait frames of all styles and weights. Goes with my boxes of blades.

Buy a lure with as many good features and components as you can find. Then make it perfect.
Only children expect instant perfection.

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Mulejockey1] #14298566 02/26/22 11:27 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

I disagree. Sometimes a spinner bait is the only thing I have success with. Other times it's a shallow diver. Next time it might be a smaller lure. You just never know.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Rayzor] #14298638 02/27/22 12:30 AM
M
Mulejockey1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Rayzor

I disagree. Sometimes a spinner bait is the only thing I have success with. Other times it's a shallow diver. Next time it might be a smaller lure. You just never know.

Trust me, my comment was made in jest. I have one tied one year round. When that perfect spinner bait condition arises I get it out and throw it.

I prefer peace.But if trouble must come let it come in my time. So that my children may live in peace

Paine
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Theroofingguy] #14298999 02/27/22 01:55 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Theroofingguy
I send all my old spinnerbaits to Don Harper for complete rebuilds, better then new

This is what I enjoy doing most of all with your spinnerbaits. The only bait I threw for 20 years was a spinnerbait; so I definately know the combinations that catch fish. I have never taken a bait out of the package without modifications to the bait before fishing it. I truly believe that switching to Living Rubber skirting material on any bait that uses a skirt is one of the big keys to catching more fish. Rubber holds Scent and continues to move for a longer period of time when at rest. Throwing blades is a lost art. It takes years of success to make the correct modifications. I do have two spinnerbaits that I call my Tournament Blades for all round conditions; but most are configured from the list below.

There are many presentation with a spinnerbait that calls for these modifications and each one is slightly different.
- Baits for stained water
- Baits for clear water
- Baits for sunny days
- Baits for cloudy days
- Baits for inclement weather conditions
- Baits for shallow water
- Baits for deep water
- Baits for ledges
- Baits for muddy water
- Baits that run the surface
- Baits that bump the brush
- Baits that drop-in beside cover

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Fish Killer] #14299048 02/27/22 02:33 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Oh I buy parts ans tweak them as needed but Was commenting on just what’s out there on the sales floor. All the same long arm double willow blades

Santon is a great company. But I think I’ve flung more blades off with their spinnerbaits than anyone else

same here on flinging blades on santon. still love their jigs, though! Andi at Talon can make pretty much any combination and size spinnerbait you want that will last forever! wire tied skirts, and blades never fall off.

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Fish Killer] #14299086 02/27/22 02:52 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
I didn't know that Booyah joined together with Hildebrand. I was at Academy looking at the Booyah spinner baits and some of the packages also had the Hildebrand logo on them. Naturally they were a few dollars more than the standard Booyahs.

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Wayne P.] #14299191 02/27/22 04:30 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Wayne P.

[Linked Image]

I throw a ton of spinnerbaits , I have the same problem with standard wire baits , after you catch 15-20 bass on one , and each time to readjust the shape of them I eventually hook another bass the wire breaks and I come back with only the blade section .

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Fish Killer] #14299210 02/27/22 04:39 PM
W
wug Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Check out Nichols Lures....the only Spinnerbait I buy. Shattered Glass!! Love the Chartreuse and White (cloudy) or Blue Shad (sunny)....getting pretty close to the best spinnerbait time of the year.

Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Fish Killer] #14299253 02/27/22 05:13 PM
C
Capt. Bryan Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Stan sloan's Zorro baits makes some nice spinnerbaits. You select options on website that you want

Donald Harper puts alot of work into his custom lures as well and can make to you specs as well. New and rebuilt with your old frames.

Last edited by Capt. Bryan; 02/27/22 05:15 PM.

Skeeter FXR 21
Yamaha
Humminbird/Garmin
Lews
Re: Something I’ve noticed about spinnerbaits [Re: Mulejockey1] #14299742 02/28/22 02:05 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Rayzor

Trust me, my comment was made in jest. I have one tied one year round. When that perfect spinner bait condition arises I get it out and throw it.

Good! No offense intended. I throw a spinner bait a lot more than a chatter bait but I am gaining more confidence in them.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide