Forums59
Topics1,039,304
Posts13,962,597
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14296247 02/25/22 01:31 AM
N
NTX Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
I have told this story b4 and of course was I didn't see what I saw by the bass gods. Sight fishing Fork 13 years ago a female swam under my boat and almost passed out. Now I have been bass fishing 40 years, and my best is 11.2. This fish had golf balls for eyes and looked like a bull red in body size. My wife said "what's the matter honey you look shocked" I replied " I just saw a 20 pounder"!
All I know she was bigger than anything I could have imagined. So I definitely believe there is. However still can't believe e one has not been landed yet.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14296264 02/25/22 01:44 AM
572Fitter Offline
Angler
Angler
Need trout to grow the megas

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: NTX Angler] #14296303 02/25/22 02:26 AM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by letsgofishin
I have told this story b4 and of course was I didn't see what I saw by the bass gods. Sight fishing Fork 13 years ago a female swam under my boat and almost passed out. Now I have been bass fishing 40 years, and my best is 11.2. This fish had golf balls for eyes and looked like a bull red in body size. My wife said "what's the matter honey you look shocked" I replied " I just saw a 20 pounder"!
All I know she was bigger than anything I could have imagined. So I definitely believe there is. However still can't believe e one has not been landed yet.

YUP!! Had an absolute monster follow a DD22 to the boat. Should have put the figure 8 on it, but was too stunned to think. I just watched it slowly swim away. cry

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14296320 02/25/22 02:45 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
three years ago I had a 15" bass on , hooked on a senko , as I am reeling it in ( clear water , 4-5 foot visibility ) a giant mouth comes out of nowhere and totally engulfs the entire bass , it feels my line and quickly spits out the smaller bass , it yawned it's giant mouth , shook it's head twice and glided away . I have caught several 10's 11's and one 12.5lb --- this fish was way bigger , almost freakish . I would say she was at least 30-32 inches long and probably 14-16 lbs --- this was during the fall .
The funny thing , if I hadn't seen her grab the smaller bass there was no way I would have thought it was a giant bass eating my small one . made mw wonder if it had happened before and I just didn't know .

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14296322 02/25/22 02:48 AM
P
pil,b Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Go back to page one and see what I said. banana

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: NTX Angler] #14296326 02/25/22 02:51 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Those big ones dont get big by accident...theyre "stupid fish" but when theyre that big theyre not stupid enough to just react the way most all other bass are. Even with the Ivie stories youve heard, JJ and Miliken themselves bitch about the pressure and how they would be on them, but couldnt get a single commit! and that was with DDs and mid level teeners. I think there are bigger fish out there that will NEVER be caught...just because they are that much smarter than the rest of the crew and why they hit those unimaginable weights.

Plus....NONE OF US KNOW [censored] about bass behavior if we are being honest. We can just stitch together the little experience we have and try to extrapolate that to a bigger sample size. Im very sure no one would say fish would be biting in the middle of the coldest cold front of the year...not even the SAL people since they commented on Milikens video how they couldnt believe zark caught the fish he did, how he did in the conditions he did. We all know damn well when its the coldest its been in weeks/all winter.....we are staying home cuz "theyre not biting" when in fact not only are they biting....but the giants are devouring baits at those "worst" times to fish. Im also very sure no one would say they were going trophy hunting in 80 foot deep water and catching them "shallow" like I heard Jimmy Houston mention last year, and some of the similar stories ive read here.

We really dont know what we dont know 🤷‍♂️

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: pil,b] #14296328 02/25/22 02:54 AM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by pil,b
Go back to page one and see what I said. banana

thumb

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: 572Fitter] #14296330 02/25/22 03:00 AM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by 572Fitter
Need trout to grow the megas

Yup
Or whatever is in Lake Biwa

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: bockscar] #14296471 02/25/22 11:46 AM
Jason B. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by bockscar

Those big ones dont get big by accident...theyre "stupid fish" but when theyre that big theyre not stupid enough to just react the way most all other bass are. Even with the Ivie stories youve heard, JJ and Miliken themselves bitch about the pressure and how they would be on them, but couldnt get a single commit! and that was with DDs and mid level teeners. I think there are bigger fish out there that will NEVER be caught...just because they are that much smarter than the rest of the crew and why they hit those unimaginable weights.

Plus....NONE OF US KNOW [censored] about bass behavior if we are being honest. We can just stitch together the little experience we have and try to extrapolate that to a bigger sample size. Im very sure no one would say fish would be biting in the middle of the coldest cold front of the year...not even the SAL people since they commented on Milikens video how they couldnt believe zark caught the fish he did, how he did in the conditions he did. We all know damn well when its the coldest its been in weeks/all winter.....we are staying home cuz "theyre not biting" when in fact not only are they biting....but the giants are devouring baits at those "worst" times to fish. Im also very sure no one would say they were going trophy hunting in 80 foot deep water and catching them "shallow" like I heard Jimmy Houston mention last year, and some of the similar stories ive read here.

We really dont know what we dont know 🤷‍♂️

In regards to the fishing pressure, seems like Jones mentioned that his catch rate has gone way down at Ivie. Meaning he sees lots of big fish that won’t bite, although he’s obviously still catching crazy fish. I’m sure someone else has said this, but I don’t think these big fish are just all of a sudden getting hungry when the weather turns bad. I believe it’s just a lack of pressure. Not only lack of fishing pressure, but also a lack of boats constantly running over their heads. From what I understand, there were few, if any boats on the water last year when Milliken did so well, and I’m assuming not many on the lake this week either. Ken Smith has a recent video talking about a study done on tagged fish in Toledo Bend. I can’t recall the exact numbers, but it was something like 80% of the tagged fish around 10ft deep moved a good distance if a boat ran over the top of them. The percentage was still in the 70s up to 20ft deep. Whether or not there’s a record in Ivie, we’ll see. Guess it’s possible. I haven’t really looked at how long these Ivie fish are compared to the length of the state record, but most don’t look like they could swallow another 2 pound crappie. They look like they’re gonna burst as it is. Maybe it will happen in the next couple of years as the lake drops.

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14296932 02/25/22 05:19 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
There is a state record out there in more than one of our lakes. Not saying there's more than one in any lake but there's still fish that haven't ever been found and won't ever see a lure. Even with live sonar there's still fish that won't ever be found. Just imagine toledo with all that stuff out in the middle where nobody goes. There could literally be the same schools of giants swimming around out there but it's almost impossible to find them. The study with Todd proved that bass don't really follow the depth lines the way we think, especially when they get large. Once they become a certain size and don't have to worry about getting eaten so much I think they will just do whatever they want. Somebody like Jones that will go spend weeks searching will lock in on one eventually. I don't think it will be Ivie though, the pressure will curb that lake

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14297359 02/25/22 11:05 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Yes I do but very well educated. I believe OH Ivie or Fork could be holding a new world record as well but again very well educated. I've had the opportunity to watch 3 state record LMB's in an aquarium @ Caney Lake in Louisiana in the early 90's @ what was Brown's Landing. I'd go there and eat lunch or supper and would get to see them fed live perch. There were also 1.5 to 3 pound fish in the tank as well. The small fish were like fighter jets feeding and would attack the perch almost as soon as they hit the water very aggressively. The state record fish on the other hand would just sit in the corners of the tank and wait for a perch to swim by them and they just suck it in and sit there and hold the perch. After a while they'd spit it out and let it swim a little and they'd inhale it and then eat it. They aren't very aggressive feeders at all. I believe to catch a nice DD bass you need to put a lure that can sit still. for a while right under their nose and just let it soak based on what I saw watching them eat. Most of us don't have the patience for that.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 02/25/22 11:17 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14629557 02/13/23 11:36 PM
L
LeonSulak Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
L
In light of the 17lber caught today, I not only think she is out there, but that she is in Ivie.

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14629561 02/13/23 11:42 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by LeonSulak
In light of the 17lber caught today, I not only think she is out there, but that she is in Ivie.

100 percent

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14629573 02/13/23 11:59 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Ivie may kick out a world record

#MFGA
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #14629579 02/14/23 12:02 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I still say NO. Ok, well there might be one, it’s not getting caught, but if it does…. the anti-ffs guys will be out with their pitchforks looking for blood.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide