Went creek scouting on the morning of Feb 18, 2022 for white bass. I caught white bass on curly tails, spoons, and everything else. I tried out FinSpin Jig Heads and found moderate success with the pink color paired with a Yum Pearl White curly tail grub (2"). They hit pinks until the early afternoon and when it went "cold" I switched to chartreuse and the action heated back up again. The cold weather and the rain has really impacted the migration but I called it a day with 20 white bass in my bucket nonetheless. I really moved around to locate them and when I finally found them I caught them with moderate success. The "run" hasn’t started yet... in my opinion... The creeks are still too low. Not enough rain to push the fish up the creeks yet but the whites are in the creeks if you look hard enough. White bass spawn typically starts in late February in most of Texas and the action can last through April. With rain in our future forecast the next coming weeks, I can only imagine the run will start heating up and will soon be in full swing at the end of February/early March.

Guys, make sure you carry your license. I was stopped by the warden (friendly guy) but as he made his way towards the creek I saw many fisherman scatter.

Tight lines folks! fish

Give a man a fish he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend!
[Linked Image]