Print Thread
networked graphs #14288458 02/18/22 01:27 AM
L
Liebers Dad Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
L
ok, guys i'm asking for advice here, not really arguments for or against.

because i am going to be completely knew to active target, spot lock, networked graphs, etc please tell me your favorite benefits of having your graphs networked to each other and to the troller.
if i understand it correctly there are also apps that you can attach to your graphs and your tablet to plan your fishing prior to even being on the water and they will talk to each other. is there more than one app and if so what's your favorite and why?

are there any drawbacks?

thanks for your responses as an old man is dragging himself into the new era of fishing from the 90s...my god it's crt versus high def flat screen all over again!

I didn't lose him at the boat. I shook him off cause I didn't want my hands to get "fishy"
Re: networked graphs [Re: Liebers Dad] #14288523 02/18/22 02:43 AM
L
Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Since you mentioned Active Target Lowrance has an app that does connnect to your units. While I am big on Technology I am not big on adding more Technology that can do somewhat close to what more tech can do. So with the app you can do software updates, Just give me an SD Card my Desktop and I will do it manually somewhat old school but give me simple That being said if I had the app would I fully use it probably. Just like when I Got my Iphone from my Nokia I know use it like my Desktop but just HATE the small screen to look at map data or marking a waypoint on a small screen ete ete.

I would ask One Question. What do you want to do with the app that would make you catch more fish easier? And remember more tech more learning curve.

Lowrance On Water Training
www.LowranceOnWater.com

Lowrance Pro-Staff since 1986 Bass and Crappie Fishing, Hunting, Farming, On Water Training , Exploring Texas and its history.
Re: networked graphs [Re: Liebers Dad] #14288544 02/18/22 03:06 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Networking graphs share waypoints and delete wypts all at once. With the ghost and networked Lowrance graphs, you can turn on autopilot and let the TM take you to your waypoint, while rigging rods or tying on baits. I fish a lake that is TM powered only, I can tell the graph to goto a certain wypt and off it goes. I can control how fast or slow, when it gets there it’ll spotlock for me.

You can set the quick buttons on the ghost to control different features. If you have power poles, it will control them too. It’s almost amazing what the engineers have come up, heck you can even read text messages on your graph if need be.

I like updating through the App, also nice to register my graphs through the app.

Re: networked graphs [Re: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S] #14288778 02/18/22 02:27 PM
L
Liebers Dad Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
L
Originally Posted by Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

I would ask One Question. What do you want to do with the app that would make you catch more fish easier? And remember more tech more learning curve.

I don't really believe the app or anything will help me catch more fish. In fact, i have resisted the live scope/active target thing because i want to catch fish, not play a video game, BUT the main thing the app would allow (from my understanding) is prepare for time on the water in advance by plotting areas of interest on the map then transferring that data to the graphs/charts

I didn't lose him at the boat. I shook him off cause I didn't want my hands to get "fishy"
Re: networked graphs [Re: grout-scout] #14288783 02/18/22 02:29 PM
L
Liebers Dad Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
L
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Networking graphs share waypoints and delete wypts all at once. With the ghost and networked Lowrance graphs, you can turn on autopilot and let the TM take you to your waypoint, while rigging rods or tying on baits. I fish a lake that is TM powered only, I can tell the graph to goto a certain wypt and off it goes. I can control how fast or slow, when it gets there it’ll spotlock for me.

You can set the quick buttons on the ghost to control different features. If you have power poles, it will control them too. It’s almost amazing what the engineers have come up, heck you can even read text messages on your graph if need be.

I like updating through the App, also nice to register my graphs through the app.

good information! i didn't know i could control the poles, too. the new boat is coming with raptors (well, i did have to pay for them) which will also be my first time using power poles. i could have used them on my last outing where i was sight fishing in windy conditions!

i like the idea of the boat self driving to a spot with the troller....now if they would me a self driving truck to get me to the lake, unload the boat, park, then have the boat drive me across the lake THAT would be something! i could enjoy my coffee and round rock donuts unihibited!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide