Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: RKT] #14288075 02/17/22 06:54 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by RKT
I want to fish with the guy who is good enough to cast out in front of the boat and snag fished based on his sonar signal.

Same.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288078 02/17/22 06:55 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Ok I am going to try one more time.

Actual Site Fishing is looking at a fish with your eyes , looking down through the water directly at a fish. Its nothing like looking at a screen of a fish that is 60 feet away. I am sorry if I have touched a nerve but they are not the same thing.

I at one time was a very good site fisherman and am a decent at best Livescoper and also have Mega 360 , yes I absolutely agree I see that there are fish and that they are following the bait but that image is nothing like "real" site fishing.

No matter how bad you want it to be it isn't.

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: Tiltman] #14288079 02/17/22 06:56 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
People have seen fish for years on depthfinders when fishing and no special rules have been needed. Personally I don't see a need for a new rule now. Sight fishing is a totally different deal than FFS.

I just sounds better coming from Mark.......

I posted without reading all the replies..... hammer

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288081 02/17/22 06:57 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
No worries Mark, you are just less of a Smart A than me apparently

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: Tiltman] #14288093 02/17/22 07:07 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Actual Site Fishing is looking at a fish with your eyes , looking down through the water directly at a fish. Its nothing like looking at a screen of a fish that is 60 feet away. I am sorry if I have touched a nerve but they are not the same thing.

I at one time was a very good site fisherman and am a decent at best Livescoper and also have Mega 360 , yes I absolutely agree I see that there are fish and that they are following the bait but that image is nothing like "real" site fishing.

That makes no sense. Looking at a fish live on the screen is the exact same as looking at a fish live in the water. You see real-time movements and reactions. Nobody is saying sight fishing is wrong, but to say livescope is not sight fishing is just plain asinine. Sight fishing a bed fish, you're casting to a fish real-time trying to get it to react. Fishing with a livescope, you are casting at a fish you see real-time and are trying to get it to react. The means by which you see it aren't relevant in this case. If you want to argue that it's not bed fishing, then I totally agree. But sight fishing is sight fishing, no matter how bad you don't want it to be.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288100 02/17/22 07:14 PM
A
Alan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
I remember going from a weight on a string with different colors for different depths to a high tech green box Lowrance lo-k-tor. It was a game changer! Many changes over the past 60 years. I love spot lock. I don't know about FFS. It seems like it has taken away the bass safe spaces suspended over trees in deep water. I wonder what is coming next.

2000 518dvx
200 efi Mercury
Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: J.H.S.] #14288125 02/17/22 07:45 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

That makes no sense. Looking at a fish live on the screen is the exact same as looking at a fish live in the water. You see real-time movements and reactions. Nobody is saying sight fishing is wrong, but to say livescope is not sight fishing is just plain asinine. Sight fishing a bed fish, you're casting to a fish real-time trying to get it to react. Fishing with a livescope, you are casting at a fish you see real-time and are trying to get it to react. The means by which you see it aren't relevant in this case. If you want to argue that it's not bed fishing, then I totally agree. But sight fishing is sight fishing, no matter how bad you don't want it to be.

Can you see a fish take a bait at 60 feet without feeling it and know 100% it has the bait ? Can you see it's gills flare ? Can you see a change in it's attitude or pitch to a bait ?

No you cannot , you are wrong in your comment that it is exactly the same and more asinine for saying so.

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288154 02/17/22 08:07 PM
B
BlueSkeeter13 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
bang

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: Tiltman] #14288162 02/17/22 08:13 PM
HDVS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman

Can you see a fish take a bait at 60 feet without feeling it and know 100% it has the bait ? Can you see it's gills flare ? Can you see a change in it's attitude or pitch to a bait ?

No you cannot , you are wrong in your comment that it is exactly the same and more asinine for saying so.

That is the point! You don't have to see his gill flare or try to eat it. All u have to do is get ur bait with multiple hooks in line and same depth as the fish. Then ur have a chance of running in to it! Or ripping in to it.
So if u see a fish locked on a bed and back off where u can't see it and rip a jerkbait or crankbait through the area and hook the fish out side of the mouth is it not "technically" sight fishing?
And yes Mark is much less of a Smart**s! smile

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: BlueSkeeter13] #14288165 02/17/22 08:14 PM
HDVS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13
bang

That's arguing with Tiltman!!

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288174 02/17/22 08:27 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
No Snagging rules cover your scenario is all , I don't disagree that you see fish and fish movement on the screen but as some one who has done a lot of both there so many differences and visual queues. I would never add provisions that would turn all treble hook fish into California rules. I would enforce no snagging intentionally rules.

"So if u see a fish locked on a bed and back off where u can't see it and rip a jerkbait or crankbait through the area and hook the fish out side of the mouth is it not "technically" sight fishing?
And yes Mark is much less of a Smart**s"

It's still snagging, and a very sh!tty way to catch em, Robby Rose could maybe pass that poly but I sure wouldn't

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: Tiltman] #14288186 02/17/22 08:40 PM
HDVS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
No Snagging rules cover your scenario is all , I don't disagree that you see fish and fish movement on the screen but as some one who has done a lot of both there so many differences and visual queues. I would never add provisions that would turn all treble hook fish into California rules. I would enforce no snagging intentionally rules.

"So if u see a fish locked on a bed and back off where u can't see it and rip a jerkbait or crankbait through the area and hook the fish out side of the mouth is it not "technically" sight fishing?

It's still snagging, and a very sh!tty way to catch em, Robby Rose could maybe pass that poly but I sure wouldn't

The problem is nobody has a no snagging rule. It's specified as "sight fishing" and trust me I have seen it all when there is money on line at every level.

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288189 02/17/22 08:43 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by HDVS

That is the point! You don't have to see his gill flare or try to eat it. All u have to do is get ur bait with multiple hooks in line and same depth as the fish. Then ur have a chance of running in to it! Or ripping in to it.
So if u see a fish locked on a bed and back off where u can't see it and rip a jerkbait or crankbait through the area and hook the fish out side of the mouth is it not "technically" sight fishing?
And yes Mark is much less of a Smart**s! smile

What if you wear dark sunglass when bed fishing would that make it like livescope

Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: HDVS] #14288191 02/17/22 08:45 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by HDVS

The problem is nobody has a no snagging rule. It's specified as "sight fishing" and trust me I have seen it all when there is money on line at every level.

Actually it's covered in the game laws

per TPWD:

"It is unlawful to use a pole and line to take or attempt to take fish by foul-hooking, snagging, or jerking. A fish is foul-hooked when caught by a hook in an area other than the fish's mouth."

#MFGA
Re: LOOKING AT FISH [Re: Tiltman] #14288192 02/17/22 08:46 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Clearly common sense is not your strong suit. You're grasping at straws just to make an argument. It is pretty evident when a livescope fish is coming after your bait. Seeing gils flare and all that is just a stupid attempt to prove a bad point. You are looking at a screen (using your sight), to catch fish. That is literally the definition of SIGHT FISHING.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide