Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Other Garmin Update Setting? #14273840 02/04/22 12:03 AM
8upwithfishin' Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
So how is the Ghost Reject Auto setting with this update? Thx

Re: Other Garmin Update Setting? [Re: 8upwithfishin'] #14274572 02/04/22 05:13 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Once I finish dialing my unit in with good results or Garmin revise this update I'll let you know.....A lot of folks have settled for what I am not happy with.....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Other Garmin Update Setting? [Re: SK.] #14274634 02/04/22 06:04 PM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SK.
Once I finish dialing my unit in with good results or Garmin revise this update I'll let you know.....A lot of folks have settled for what I am not happy with.....

SK, If you updated to the recent software and are not happy with how your images are after playing with the new color limit-setting and have gone back to 0 and the gain back to your normal liking and still find your images not as good as before the update try doing a restore defaults settings. We are finding this to help in some cases to bring back the better image you had before the update.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Other Garmin Update Setting? [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #14274704 02/04/22 06:43 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish
Originally Posted by SK.

SK, If you updated to the recent software and are not happy with how your images are after playing with the new color limit-setting and have gone back to 0 and the gain back to your normal liking and still find your images not as good as before the update try doing a restore defaults settings. We are finding this to help in some cases to bring back the better image you had before the update.

Thanks..... After I can get out and check a couple more things that will be the third thing I do....I have heard of guys that did a unit re-set and still not able to get the results they had before.....
In my opinion there were a lot more changes made than just adding the color limit adjustment.....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Re: Other Garmin Update Setting? [Re: 8upwithfishin'] #14274964 02/04/22 10:15 PM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
SK

Changes made from version 25.30 to 26.10:
Added support for new home page and graphical style. This update includes many user interface improvements and easier navigation to pinned functions.
Added support for new Garmin Navionics+ and Garmin Navionics Vision+ cartography along with several chart presentation improvements and Auto Guidance+ technology.
Added a Ghost Reject Auto setting to improve sonar performance and ghost image rejection for LiveScope under most conditions.
Added LiveScope Color Limit control to reduce background noise.
Added support to detect and display Mercury popup banners.
Added Mercury active exhaust state and toggle options for supported engines.
Added support for filtering sailing polar data.
Hide course to steer during upwind routing when going upwind with lay lines enabled.
Added display of lay line data fields without requiring lay lines to be visible.
Added support for vessel look-ahead on navigation, fishing, and weather charts.
Added troubleshooting text to many warning/alarm banners.
Added improved options for Yamaha split engine pages.
Added support for additional Yamaha autopilot steer patterns.
Various other Yamaha engine control improvements.
Other improvements and bug fixes.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Other Garmin Update Setting? [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #14275372 02/05/22 03:51 AM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
SK

Changes made from version 25.30 to 26.10:
Added support for new home page and graphical style. This update includes many user interface improvements and easier navigation to pinned functions.
Added support for new Garmin Navionics+ and Garmin Navionics Vision+ cartography along with several chart presentation improvements and Auto Guidance+ technology.
Added a Ghost Reject Auto setting to improve sonar performance and ghost image rejection for LiveScope under most conditions.
Added LiveScope Color Limit control to reduce background noise.
Added support to detect and display Mercury popup banners.
Added Mercury active exhaust state and toggle options for supported engines.
Added support for filtering sailing polar data.
Hide course to steer during upwind routing when going upwind with lay lines enabled.
Added display of lay line data fields without requiring lay lines to be visible.
Added support for vessel look-ahead on navigation, fishing, and weather charts.
Added troubleshooting text to many warning/alarm banners.
Added improved options for Yamaha split engine pages.
Added support for additional Yamaha autopilot steer patterns.
Various other Yamaha engine control improvements.
Other improvements and bug fixes.

There are things they just won't say that have been adjusted or affected by things they say they changed..... I'm positive on my unit the cone was heavily changed or affected by something they changed..... My unit us too give the appearance of a spot light shining on the lake floor, that is missing.... There's almost no target separation and I can't get a clean return without a bunch of fuzz around structure and the fish...I can't wait to get back out and record what I'm getting now versus what you can see as very clear returns on my unit in my recent vids..... Check out the zoom in's in this vid and I've even had it better than this....

Re: Other Garmin Update Setting? [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #14276497 02/06/22 01:50 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by SK.

I ended up doing the settings reset then had to put all my settings back to where I had them to get a half decent reading.... After looking at it I'll be getting with Garmin Monday as I'm thinking there's an issue with my transducer, the bottom now has 3 voids that are missing.....I want my spot light back and hoping them sending me a new transducer will fix it......

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide