Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: Mulejockey1] #14264824 01/27/22 03:21 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

[/quote]
I get it. You are a fan. Nothing wrong with that until you start inferring that your opinions are facts.[/quote]

Well....its a fact that Megabass quality is light years ahead of Googan....plain...simple....fact. A dodge dart will get you from point A to point B but a Ferrari will get you there much faster and pick up a lot more chicks on the way.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: mossyback75] #14264850 01/27/22 03:37 PM
M
Mulejockey1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by mossyback75
A dodge dart will get you from point A to point B but a Ferrari will get you there much faster and pick up a lot more chicks on the way.

That explains it. I’m talking about fish and you are talking about chicks.

I prefer peace.But if trouble must come let it come in my time. So that my children may live in peace

Paine
Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: BriannShell] #14264854 01/27/22 03:40 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
One time at band camp----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------______________________________________________________________--------------------------------------------------------____________________________________________________-----------------------------------------------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: mossyback75] #14264863 01/27/22 03:44 PM
L
LunkersTV Offline
Angler
Angler
L

I get it. You are a fan. Nothing wrong with that until you start inferring that your opinions are facts.[/quote]

Well....its a fact that Megabass quality is light years ahead of Googan....plain...simple....fact. A dodge dart will get you from point A to point B but a Ferrari will get you there much faster and pick up a lot more chicks on the way.
[/quote]

At the end of the day Googan has built one of the largest bait companies on earth in just a couple years while dealing with a ton of hate. It’s honestly done nothing but fuel the fire to build the best products and bring on the right guys with the knowledge of how to do so. In the end we have the number 1 and number 2 top selling soft plastic on earth and it’s in over 20,000 stores nationwide. This is nothing more than the actual American dream and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant. I bet it really gets under your skin when you walk into the store and see the green and black packaging everywhere but I told everyone that was the goal and we have accomplished it.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: Mulejockey1] #14264871 01/27/22 03:49 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Mulejockey1
A dodge dart will get you from point A to point B but a Ferrari will get you there much faster and pick up a lot more chicks on the way.

That explains it. I’m talking about fish and you are talking about chicks.

Hahah. Sexy wins man. That includes bass tournaments. Yeah. Anyone can go out and catch some bass on a jelly worm. Zaldain is at the highest level of the game. The question is will he remain there while throwing junk.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: LunkersTV] #14264880 01/27/22 03:58 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

[/quote]

At the end of the day Googan has built one of the largest bait companies on earth in just a couple years while dealing with a ton of hate. It’s honestly done nothing but fuel the fire to build the best products and bring on the right guys with the knowledge of how to do so. In the end we have the number 1 and number 2 top selling soft plastic on earth and it’s in over 20,000 stores nationwide. This is nothing more than the actual American dream and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant. I bet it really gets under your skin when you walk into the store and see the green and black packaging everywhere but I told everyone that was the goal and we have accomplished it.
[/quote]

And I have nothing but respect for you and your entire crew individually however that isnt the topic being discussed. The topic is how is Chris going to adjust from throwing impeccable quality baits to yours in a tournament. If you want to put your jerkbait up against a Vision 110 and show that it even comes close to comparing catch rate wise then yeah....ok....my opinion will be changed. I hope Chris helps develop multiple baits with you guys that are pimp. I really do but in the mean time is he still going to compete or even be able to. That's the question.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: BriannShell] #14264882 01/27/22 03:59 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I dont get the angst over this. I'm not a consumer of googan products, I dont spend much time on youtube other than to watch a Ken Smith video now and again or figure out how to fix something. I'm sure I'm also not their target demographic. The guy signed with them cause he thought it was a good move, they offered him a deal because they thought it was a good move. As far as copy cat baits you just described the whole fishing industry. You can still wear your mega bass tshirts, no one will think any less of you.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: mossyback75] #14264892 01/27/22 04:05 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

[/quote]

And I have nothing but respect for you and your entire crew individually however that isnt the topic being discussed. The topic is how is Chris going to adjust from throwing impeccable quality baits to yours in a tournament. If you want to put your jerkbait up against a Vision 110 and show that it even comes close to comparing catch rate wise then yeah....ok....my opinion will be changed. I hope Chris helps develop multiple baits with you guys that are pimp. I really do but in the mean time is he still going to compete or even be able to. That's the question. [/quote]

Are you suggesting that the pros only throw the baits of their sponsors all the time? That's a funny one

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: WAWI] #14264899 01/27/22 04:15 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Are you suggesting that the pros only throw the baits of their sponsors all the time? That's a funny one

No....not at all. Will just be funny to see Zaldain in a Googaned out green and black boat throwing a mag draft all day.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: BriannShell] #14264921 01/27/22 04:37 PM
BriannShell Offline OP
Extremely Happy Angler
OP Offline
Extremely Happy Angler
I find the hate towards the Googans a little ridiculous and smacks of jealousy a bit. I'll admit it, heck yeah I'm jealous....I wish I could make a dang good living doing what they have done and continue to do but I admire and am happy for them and their success. As far as their baits being junk...I'm in total disagreement. I don't throw everything they produce but do love the bandito bug and their krackin kraw and find they hold up about the same as the rest. As far as them copying others, who in the lure making industry isn't doing this....they aren't re-inventing the wheel! I guess everybody that produces a stick bait copied Yamamoto (if he was even the first). They all put out the same basic baits and tweek them here and there, color them different or make some slight variation so that argument doesn't hold water IMO. To each his own though and I'm glad the Googans are on the scene because in the end more variety to choose from and product competition is a good thing!!!

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep
Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: LunkersTV] #14264979 01/27/22 05:18 PM
P
PsencikAg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
My only complaint is that when I walk into a Field and Stream I see it everywhere and they have anything and everything I want...When I walk into an Academy I see significantly less than id like (10x what it was a year or so ago, but not what field and stream has)

What's my issue then...Dicks has NOTHING, I hate that store with every fiber of my outdoor being for their exclusion of hunting and fishing..."well just go to Field and Stream their sister store", I'd be more than willing to, except that, I live in N Houston and there are only two in the entire Houston area, Katy and Friendswood. I can get to 3 different Academy stores in about 10 minutes and I can probably get to 20 in the time I could drive to a Field and Stream store

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: mossyback75] #14264981 01/27/22 05:20 PM
P
PsencikAg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
[/quote]

No....not at all. Will just be funny to see Zaldain in a Googaned out green and black boat throwing a mag draft all day.
[/quote]

His boat is Camo...and it looks freakin sweet

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: mossyback75] #14264999 01/27/22 05:32 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

[/quote]
I have more megabass baits break than any other brand- and I rarely use them due to price. I like them but find them very fragile. They replace a few uoze swim baits for me that broke- new ones broke the same way- I just use them without the spinner now.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: PsencikAg] #14265001 01/27/22 05:33 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by PsencikAg
My only complaint is that when I walk into a Field and Stream I see it everywhere and they have anything and everything I want...When I walk into an Academy I see significantly less than id like (10x what it was a year or so ago, but not what field and stream has)

What's my issue then...Dicks has NOTHING, I hate that store with every fiber of my outdoor being for their exclusion of hunting and fishing..."well just go to Field and Stream their sister store", I'd be more than willing to, except that, I live in N Houston and there are only two in the entire Houston area, Katy and Friendswood. I can get to 3 different Academy stores in about 10 minutes and I can probably get to 20 in the time I could drive to a Field and Stream store

From my understanding, they pulled hunting and fishing stuff out of most stand alone Dicks stores and moved it over to Field and Stream. Which I think is basically the same. Dicks owns Field and Stream.

Re: Zaldain to the Googans [Re: Sinkey] #14265049 01/27/22 05:58 PM
P
PsencikAg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Correct...as I said problem being there are 2 stores in the 4th largest metroplex in the country...That is pathetic.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide