N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
If you're fishing for trophy fish, I can see the value. If you are a tournament fisherman, I am not seeing it winning anybody any more money.

I won a MediaBass solo with mine the first time I fished a tourney with it. It paid for itself the very first time. Seems like there is plenty of value in it to me!

For those that can’t use it, I’d agree it isn’t worth spending money on one if you ain’t ever gonna learn to use it.

Neat? I still stand by my comment. I am not seeing it dominate any of the tournament trails I fish. One tournament win in a Media event doesn't change my statement. My partner and I caught 34 pounds in a Media last year not using a graph. As a whole, it is good for crappie, white bass, and trophy fish (certain times of year).
Patrick Walters $125,000 win on Fork, and no telling how much money Jacob Wheeler has won with it. But your right they aren’t dominating Media tournaments

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: Neches] #14249559 01/15/22 01:56 AM
A
angleiron Offline
Angler
Angler
A
Originally Posted by Neches
If you're fishing for trophy fish, I can see the value. If you are a tournament fisherman, I am not seeing it winning anybody any more money.

I won a MediaBass solo with mine the first time I fished a tourney with it. It paid for itself the very first time. Seems like there is plenty of value in it to me!

For those that can’t use it, I’d agree it isn’t worth spending money on one if you ain’t ever gonna learn to use it.

Neat? I still stand by my comment. I am not seeing it dominate any of the tournament trails I fish. One tournament win in a Media event doesn't change my statement. My partner and I caught 34 pounds in a Media last year not using a graph. As a whole, it is good for crappie, white bass, and trophy fish (certain times of year).
Patrick Walters $125,000 win on Fork, and no telling how much money Jacob Wheeler has won with it. But your right they aren’t dominating Media tournaments

Wheeler was doing just fine before Live Target

Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: grout-scout] #14249561 01/15/22 01:58 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by IKELEVI
I think it's great for folks who really can't fish all that well anyway. Takes a lot of the quest and sport out of it in my opinion.

Riiggghhhhtttttt. roflmao

I guess you hunt deer with open sights on old school lever action rifles too.

I bet if I said you can HAVE MINE, you’d be ok with taking it. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: Neches] #14249563 01/15/22 02:00 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Neches

Dang you got me. One Elite Series even two years ago. If you’re going to base an argument on that then this will be easy. Jacob Wheeler has won way more money without it than with it. At the end of the day if you sucked before live scope, you’ll still suck with it.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: wug] #14249566 01/15/22 02:04 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
So….

Are you pissed that others have and can use it, or are you trying to justify buying/not buying it?

Which is it? It seems like there are those that have it, use it, and feel like they got their moneys worth from it….then there is the butt hurt crowd. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: wug] #14249604 01/15/22 02:29 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Some of the best scopers in the tournament world all admit that it has its times to shine and times it’s worthless. John Soukup has said it many times, it’s helped him win some tournaments and it’s hurt him in some tournaments. I know Scott Martin has won a tournament because of it. But no matter what, a person has to be proficient at using it, nobody is gonna just turn it on and tear them up. I suck at finding bass with mine, but it’s helped me find many trees/brush that I didn’t know were down there. Now crappie fishing is a whole different situation.

Hey Steez, you should offer to give me your AT!

Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14249611 01/15/22 02:36 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
So….

Are you pissed that others have and can use it, or are you trying to justify buying/not buying it?

Which is it? It seems like there are those that have it, use it, and feel like they got their moneys worth from it….then there is the butt hurt crowd. roflmao

I’m not 12. If I wanted it I’d buy it. I’ve done my research, talked to people who have it, fished against people who have it, and decided I don’t need or want it. That’s not “butt hurt”. There are people that don’t have and feel like it’s a waste of money, then there are people who put laughing rolling faces behind a joke that isn’t funny.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: grout-scout] #14249627 01/15/22 02:45 AM
I
IKELEVI Offline
Angler
Angler
I
Don't hunt bud. Again it's not much of a challenge when you can hit something 300 yards away. Don't see the sport in it. As before that's just my opinion.

17 LEGEND V20
17 MERCURY 250 Optimax ProXs
22 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 Cummins
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: grout-scout] #14249669 01/15/22 03:29 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Some of the best scopers in the tournament world all admit that it has its times to shine and times it’s worthless. John Soukup has said it many times, it’s helped him win some tournaments and it’s hurt him in some tournaments. I know Scott Martin has won a tournament because of it. But no matter what, a person has to be proficient at using it, nobody is gonna just turn it on and tear them up. I suck at finding bass with mine, but it’s helped me find many trees/brush that I didn’t know were down there. Now crappie fishing is a whole different situation.

Hey Steez, you should offer to give me your AT!

All This is 100% True!

GO FISH!
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: IKELEVI] #14249672 01/15/22 03:33 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by IKELEVI
Don't hunt bud. Again it's not much of a challenge when you can hit something 300 yards away. Don't see the sport in it. As before that's just my opinion.

Oh that’s odd then, your profile said that your interest were: fishing & hunting.

Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: J.H.S.] #14249674 01/15/22 03:33 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
So….

I’m not 12. If I wanted it I’d buy it. I’ve done my research, talked to people who have it, fished against people who have it, and decided I don’t need or want it. That’s not “butt hurt”. There are people that don’t have and feel like it’s a waste of money, then there are people who put laughing rolling faces behind a joke that isn’t funny.

Steez Is correct and a good guy! JHS? junior high school? I'm guessing.

GO FISH!
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: J.H.S.] #14249677 01/15/22 03:35 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
So….

They have definitely proven it to be worthless at Ivie… roflmao

Just ribbing ya’, it’s not for everyone. It’s just for the guys that catch massive 14 & up pounders.

Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: J.H.S.] #14249686 01/15/22 03:38 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
So….

So…you jumped in at the butt hurt.

There’s 1

You know you weren’t the one I was talking about…..

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: grout-scout] #14249687 01/15/22 03:39 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
So….

They have definitely proven it to be worthless at Ivie… roflmao

Just ribbing ya’, it’s not for everyone. It’s just for the guys that catch massive 14 & up pounders.

well

well stated...

GO FISH!
Re: USE OF LIVE TARGET [Re: junk baits] #14249692 01/15/22 03:43 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
On a serious note; scope does have its place and obviously bed fishing is not it. Its Friday! Y'all drink and relax!! GO COWBOYS!!

GO FISH!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide