Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Livescope mount on Center Console #14241585 01/06/22 10:06 PM
Greg W Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I have a 20' Skeeter Z20 Bay and have a Garmin 9" graph and LiveScope on the way. I got the Cornfield transducer mount for the Ulterra which should work well. Today I have a 10" Helix mounted on the left side. Question is where to put the Garmin. I was thinking a 3" or 5" Kong mount on the right side so I can push it out some and not take up too much room on the right as space is obviously limited with a CC. Not sure I can put them over/under on the left as there's not a lot of space below the Ulterra. Maybe if I pulled it out a bit on that side, I could leave the right side free. The offset post gives me enough room today to work the foot pedal and fish pretty easily. I bass fish 95% of the time. And don't say get a bass boat. This ones really easy on my old back.

Opinions?

[Linked Image]

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14241793 01/07/22 02:36 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Honestly, it needs to be where it’s easy to see. You’ll be staring at it a lot, it needs to be as comfortable on the neck and convenient as possible.

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14241865 01/07/22 06:18 AM
Greg W Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I guess another option is put the 9" Garmin unit slightly ahead of the current 10" bird and put the bird back more. My guess is I'll mainly use the Helix for shard weigh points and graphing and use the Live Scope for hunting fish and finding brush. Do you guys use your other front graphs much anymore or do you do 80% of screen time on the LiveScope? I was going to just get a MegaLiv to have one graph, but I've had a MegaLive on order since summer and still 150 people ahead of me. Could take another year to get it in. And people are saying quality is not close to the Garmin anyways.

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14242057 01/07/22 03:22 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
My lake is most likely completely different than yours, when I bass fish, I’m having to fight thick hydrilla. My livescope is pretty much worthless when bass fishing, due to having my TM pulled all the way up. In those times I’ll have my Lowrance with maps, 2d and SI/Di running. The Garmin stays off or in standby to save battery.

Now when I’m out of the grass, I’ll have the LS on 100% of the time searching for brush piles or fish. If you are going to be searching with the LS, you’re going to want it the graph on the front and preferably raised as high as possible. If you’re really gonna search, you’re going to find yourself in a vertigo state of mind from looking down so much. It is a brutal way of fishing, brutal on the neck and eyes. Many guys try it and find it to be too much, so they don’t use it.

Now if it’s your crappie brush pile tool, that’s a completely different thing and can be to the side.

If you decide to run both graphs, you might need to upsize your battery, depending on what it is. You don’t have large graphs that pull a lot of amps, but they might pull enough if your battery is on the small side.

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14242129 01/07/22 04:15 PM
Greg W Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Yea, my home lake where my boat is on a lift at the marina has zero grass. So why I thought the LS would be beneficial. I know where several brush piles are but would be nice to see inside them. I do fish a lot of grass but use. my partners boat for that. as mines too much a pain to get out of the marina. I put in very high end AGM last year so think the battery will be good and I can standby the console graph when I'm up front. But I did buy a lithium starter battery as you never want to be stuck. That's a good to have regardless. I'm going to look this weekend and see if I could mount the Kong mount up front next to the TM. This way i could have the graph front and center on a 5" riser.

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14242143 01/07/22 04:32 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
thumb that would be the best place if you’re really wanting to take the time to learn LS. It’s amazing how many brushpiles and standing items that I’ve found that my SI missed or was too small for me to see. It’s an amazing search/find tool, hell on the neck though. roflmao

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14242251 01/07/22 06:28 PM
W
Wayne P. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by Greg W
I guess another option is put the 9" Garmin unit slightly ahead of the current 10" bird and put the bird back more. My guess is I'll mainly use the Helix for shard weigh points and graphing and use the Live Scope for hunting fish and finding brush. Do you guys use your other front graphs much anymore or do you do 80% of screen time on the LiveScope? I was going to just get a MegaLiv to have one graph, but I've had a MegaLive on order since summer and still 150 people ahead of me. Could take another year to get it in. And people are saying quality is not close to the Garmin anyways.

You don't have to play the back-order game. Many are getting MEGA LIVEs daily by doing their own shopping at high volume dealers that actually get some volume in stock. It's posted just about daily that Bass Pro/Cabelas gets them and are sold out quickly. If you really wanted one put the effort in yourself to find one. Boat dealers get them for their boat customers and have excess occasionally. A friend asked me last week about getting one and I suggested Bass Pro, Cabelas, Hennessey Outdoors, and Scheels. He called around and Scheels had one and he got it three days ago.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 01/07/22 06:30 PM.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N and G4N, 1198c SI, SOLIX 10 SI G3,
Helix 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL, RC-1
Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14244033 01/09/22 08:42 PM
Greg W Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I'll call Cabela's and BPS, but both are about an hour from me so I can't just drive over every day. I'd need to know what days new shipments show up to have a chance to get one. I got the Garmin Livescope Echomap 93sv UHD w/ GT54 Bundle for $2099 and get the $200 rebate so get it for $1899 so it's not much more than the MegaLive. So really it's a convenience of one graph vs quality which most I've read here think is in the LiveScope camp. But I have a few weeks where I can return so I'll see what I can drum up. MegaLive will probably get better over time and would be nice to have more space up front as I don't have much to start with as it's not a bass boat.

Re: Livescope mount on Center Console [Re: Greg W] #14246163 01/11/22 08:49 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
congrats on the livescope! you will love it. i would suggest a VERY tall mount. with no budget, the Beatdown outdoors adjustable graph mount (if i'm spending other people's money!). On a budget, a large (D size ball) 12 inch Ram mount fully extended while using. you may need to re-jigger the locations once you figure out the cornfield and cable management system. if you don't get a tall mount, you will have a horrible case of livescope neck! it is real!

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide