Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Livescope-Active Target #14241177 01/06/22 03:45 PM
D Dubya Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I know that Livescope has been around longer than Active Target but having always been a Lowrance guy I just wonder why I see very little about Active Target on this forum.

Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: D Dubya] #14241221 01/06/22 04:22 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Honestly, you don’t see much about livescope either. The electronics pages here are snoozefest, doesn’t seem like many here use it. A lot more post about it in the crappie page though, seems like LS is better for crappie fishing over AT, due to the prettier picture that it provides.

I’d love to get rid of my Garmin and only have single graph Lowrances again, but I’m scared the AT will disappoint me from what I’m used to seeing with LS.

Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: grout-scout] #14241227 01/06/22 04:31 PM
H
Holzer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Honestly, you don’t see much about livescope either. The electronics pages here are snoozefest, doesn’t seem like many here use it. A lot more post about it in the crappie page though, seems like LS is better for crappie fishing over AT, due to the prettier picture that it provides.

I’d love to get rid of my Garmin and only have single graph Lowrances again, but I’m scared the AT will disappoint me from what I’m used to seeing with LS.

I've considered getting a Live Scope unit for the boat, but 1) I just don't fish brush piles like the crappie guys do and 2) I never see anything on it looking through trees that are 60ft - 80ft down.
Maybe one day if I can ever get into crappie fishing

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: Holzer] #14241231 01/06/22 04:36 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Holzer

I've considered getting a Live Scope unit for the boat, but 1) I just don't fish brush piles like the crappie guys do and 2) I never see anything on it looking through trees that are 60ft - 80ft down.
Maybe one day if I can ever get into crappie fishing

I think it would be a great tool for pinpointing striper, the AT might be better in that situation. It does tend to show fish better, has a slightly smaller cone angle though.

Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: grout-scout] #14242258 01/07/22 06:31 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

I’m seriously considering trading for another live 12 and AT to only have 1 unit up front. I have grown fond of my live unit at the console and really only use the Garmin for crappie.

Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: Minner Bucket] #14242339 01/07/22 07:45 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

I’m seriously considering trading for another live 12 and AT to only have 1 unit up front. I have grown fond of my live unit at the console and really only use the Garmin for crappie.

RMP had the 16” Carbons for a great price, I almost bit the bullet on the combo. The wypts are so much better on Lowrance and I prefer their maps too. If you ever do the swap, I’m interested in how you like it. I know you’ll be unbiased and honest about it. 2 graphs at the bow is kind of a pita.

Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: D Dubya] #14243736 01/09/22 01:12 PM
learnin to fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I have a Lowrance HDS Live unit that I installed last spring. My dad took me with a white bass guide a couple times that used Live Scope. It was really interesting and helped the white bass catching. I bought an Active Target because I already had the Lowrance graph. I use mine for striper fishing (deadsticking right now) and white bass. Only have had it out a couple times but like it as good or better than the Live Scope the guide had.

The picture below has the double fluke setup circled in red. I’m really happy with it and just built a new transducer mount for it. I mount mine on the back of the boat and shoot it down the length of the boat to see how the fish respond do the different baits / presentation. I plan on using an old ipad mounted to the side of the boat to mirror the graph so the anglers fishing on the side can see the show live as they fish.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: D Dubya] #14244548 01/10/22 05:05 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Look at the mega 360..

A very nice man gave me an original 360 and looking at YouTube videos I have discovered you can reduce the area down to as little as 10 degrees and rotate the cone any direction. Kinda like LS but with the picture of DI.

Wish my week wasn't slammed or I would be working on the boat.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Livescope-Active Target [Re: D Dubya] #14244623 01/10/22 12:02 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
There’s been a bunch of discussion comparing the 3 brands of forward facing sonar in the bass section. It’s kinda quieted down a bit, but use the search feature and you’ll find plenty.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide