Re: Josh Jones [Re: grout-scout] #14225578 12/20/21 12:32 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by bockscar

Are you as mad at TPW, the sharelunker program, Concho and Elm Creek as you are muligan and JJ?

I know facts dont matter when it comes to hating on anyone....

but watch the Miliken videos and he doesnt mention Ivie by name in the first few videos. Josh Jones doesnt really throw around waypoints either and really he isnt extremely active on socials from what ive seen in the year or so ive followed him. I had no idea the most recent fish he posted on facebook was caught at Ivie....until I saw the Concho facebook post that said it was caught at Ivie. JJ and Muligan arent the ones that solely blew the lid off it....people just connected enough dots....and even though they wont admit it and might refuse to understand it, im sure the locals didnt help that (spoiler alert they didnt help the cause and their negativity was a big reason I went because i knew it was fishing good for how salty (some of) the locals were).

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really helped blow the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Hey monkey lips, where did I hate on anyone. I offered a reason as to why people don’t like Jones or Milliken. Maybe if you didn’t live in the third world country known as El Paso, you’d understand. Of course you can’t comprehend it, nobody purposely goes to El Paso.

roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Josh Jones [Re: grout-scout] #14225611 12/20/21 01:10 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Milliken) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

This

Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14225693 12/20/21 02:50 AM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
With this bunch if you refuse to fluff JJ you’re a “hater” it’s like a cliche thing to say.

Last edited by Used2fish; 12/20/21 02:49 PM.
Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14225703 12/20/21 03:00 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Josh Jones was never the issue as far as I was concerned. By all accounts he seems to be a decent dude. It was the other group of honyoks that were acting a fool by drinking and cursing and just acting stupid on their videos. I believe their exact words were something like “single handedly put Ivie on the map”. Apparently they never fished the last in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Jones is doing something 99.9% of us can’t and won’t do. He is catching one or two fish a day and they are giants. That’s his thing and he is good. It doesn’t translate to tournament fishing and that’s okay. Also the guy is a bit of a genius if he can coax some of y’all into paying a grand to go out with him. I’d never fault a guy for making money doing what he loves.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: SC-001] #14225710 12/20/21 03:09 AM
C
Chasin Hogs Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by SC-001
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Milliken) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

This

I get it. Yall couldn't catch a monster before imagine what yall will
do with more pressure. nuts hammer

Re: Josh Jones [Re: Chasin Hogs] #14225714 12/20/21 03:12 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
Originally Posted by SC-001

This

I get it. Yall couldn't catch a monster before imagine what yall will
do with more pressure. nuts hammer

Another one who can’t read, apparently you don’t get anything. Try re-reading what I wrote.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: J.H.S.] #14225726 12/20/21 03:24 AM
K
KnotTexan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Josh Jones was never the issue as far as I was concerned. By all accounts he seems to be a decent dude. It was the other group of honyoks that were acting a fool by drinking and cursing and just acting stupid on their videos. I believe their exact words were something like “single handedly put Ivie on the map”. Apparently they never fished the last in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Jones is doing something 99.9% of us can’t and won’t do. He is catching one or two fish a day and they are giants. That’s his thing and he is good. It doesn’t translate to tournament fishing and that’s okay. Also the guy is a bit of a genius if he can coax some of y’all into paying a grand to go out with him. I’d never fault a guy for making money doing what he loves.

thumb

Re: Josh Jones [Re: J.H.S.] #14225738 12/20/21 03:31 AM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D

Spot on.

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14225887 12/20/21 01:02 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
It's not much of a secret what he's doing yet there's really not anyone replicating it. There's a reason for that, it's super hard.

It's extremely hard to have the patience to wander around the lake for hours on end looking for a big fish.
Its hard to be able to tell that you are looking at a big bass and not a small bass or a carp etc...
If you do find the fish it's hard to have the hand-eye-foot control to hold the boat/trolling motor where you need it to be to see a fish and your lure in the small 20 degree cone angle of the live scope so you can see what's happening.
Then you have to avoid spooking the fish.
Then you have to make a good cast and get the fish to bite.
Then you have to land the beast.

Most of us will never be able to do it. It's akin to hitting a major league pitch in my mind. It looks easy until you stand in the batters box and realize just how fast a 96 mph fastball really is. Practice all you want, but the best you can hope for is a bunt.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14226000 12/20/21 03:05 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
To me, there is a 180 difference between JJ & Millie-Doosh. JJ is a class act, Millie is...... well ...... we all know what Millie is.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Josh Jones [Re: Frank the Tank] #14226096 12/20/21 04:21 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
To me, there is a 180 difference between JJ & Millie-Doosh. JJ is a class act, Millie is...... well ...... we all know what Millie is.

JJ caught a lot of strays. Dudes basically a guide....not a social media star like Miliken. They just have a similar group of acquaintances and ended up fishing together because of it last winter. Im not a big fan of Miliken because he does seem...abrasive, but JJ seems like a solid guy from his socials. Posts his family as much as he does fishing stuff. Doesnt mention or brag that hes charging and getting a fee to guide most dont and cant get. Doesnt really shove sponsors down your throat (but that might change since hes with lowrance now LOL) either.

Poor bastards catching strays just because he's on em.........often!

Re: Josh Jones [Re: Used2fish] #14226111 12/20/21 04:28 PM
B
Board Pro Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Used2fish
With this bunch if you refuse to fluff JJ you’re a “hater” it’s like a cliche thing to say.

Amen.........

I think the most off putting deal is the end of day stringer pics and the crowd that thinks that is the "cool" thing to do. Sure catch a big fish, take some photos for your social media, don't slap it on the belly just let it go.

"Often imitated, never duplicated"

[Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14226195 12/20/21 06:37 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I believe that JJ and Milliken and all those trophy hunters should be thanked for helping out the local economy around OH Ivie. There are folks down there thriving instead of suffering. Look at it that way.....or you can look at it like you suck at big fish hunting. The latter comes with an attitude, though, so pick the first one and you'll feel better.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14226302 12/20/21 08:31 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Absolutely zero respect for Milli Vanilli! JJ is the real deal!

Re: Josh Jones [Re: J.H.S.] #14226528 12/21/21 12:30 AM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T

I agree with this.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide