Texas Fishing Forum

Josh Jones

Posted By: MagFluker

Josh Jones - 12/17/21 05:45 PM

Is back in Texas, hide your DD’s.

Post on Facebook eluding to the biggest fish of his life.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 05:51 PM

15-10
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 05:52 PM

Back at Ivie
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:13 PM

That poor lake ain't caught a break all year.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Nope but funny how the real Giants don't get caught till he shows up with the scope lol
Posted By: Okfish96

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:21 PM

Funny that they say ivie is fishing terrible. Then the Oklahoma assassin comes down and does that lol. I know it’s probably tough down there for most but he has a different set of skills then us normal people have
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:23 PM

Guess there is a reason he charges $1000/day and is always booked. Dude can fish.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:47 PM

Jerking arigs or shiners?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Jerking arigs or shiners?

I heard bluegill.
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 06:57 PM

Let the next wave of stampedes begin....
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:16 PM

Here come all the jockriding haters.lol
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:32 PM

Impress me and catch em" whacky style.
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:34 PM

I don’t know how he manages to do it, or what bait he uses, but he is definitely king of the big bass. Nobody has ever duplicated what he has done in the past year and a half. I’m jealous

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

Nope but funny how the real Giants don't get caught till he shows up with the scope lol

I'm sure there's a bunch of folks on here that could do the same if they didn't have a job.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:41 PM

I'm sure there's a bunch of folks on here that could do the same if they didn't have a job.

I think a big part of it is that he has the time to learn how to use livescope. Time on the water with livescope is needed. My son and I are learning it and last week we caught ( He) a bass using scope that went 8.50lb.. We saw the fish in grass and saw the bass come up and eat his lure. I have had livescope for about 2 months and still learning...
Posted By: Houston Basscat

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by coachallentca

I think a big part of it is that he has the time to learn how to use livescope. Time on the water with livescope is needed. My son and I are learning it and last week we caught ( He) a bass using scope that went 8.50lb.. We saw the fish in grass and saw the bass come up and eat his lure. I have had livescope for about 2 months and still learning...

If you can see them in grass, you're better than me.
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 07:59 PM

He had one over 10 yesterday as well and that was his first day on the lake so he's got a 10.02 and a 15.10 in his first day and a half there already. unreal.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 08:02 PM

Its not a secret what he's doing... He flat out told everyone that he will troll for hours and only cast when he finds the right ones. Guess its worth only catching / fishing for 1 or 2 bites a day if they are giants.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 08:02 PM

Most come on a swimjig no trailer or weed guard. Lots on arig too but swimjig is his juice. We overthink it too often what fish will eat
Posted By: txhuntingguide

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 09:18 PM

The secret is too many anglers fish where big bass are not. He is finding them using a graph just like we do when the fish are up on beds sight fishing. He is just sight fishing deeper water and a time of year with way less pressure than in March-May. We can all do the same thing he is doing. He has just taken the time to dial in his craft. Just like hunting 200" Whitetails, you have to start out by hunting where 200" deer live.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 09:21 PM

I said this right away. What he is doing is impressive no doubt. With that being said, you give most people the same resources and time and the results would be the same.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by txhuntingguide
We can all do the same thing he is doing. .

Ummmmmmmm, yeah sure. lol
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by txsuperman

Same people thinking this are the ones that say "I could be a pro if....................."
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 10:40 PM

Haha. That’s wha I’m thinking

My ADHD wouldn’t let me fish that way, I’m out.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Same people thinking this are the ones that say "I could be a pro if....................."

Yep! If they "could" then they WOULD BE!! Ain't a dang bass fishermen around who'd pass up giants if it was "so easy to catch em"... what a load of malarkey!!

That dude is awesome at his craft. More power to him.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:02 PM

"How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains..."
Posted By: prosise

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:25 PM

He just knows how to hold his mouth.. An old secret that everybody keeps under wraps.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Okfish96
Funny that they say ivie is fishing terrible. Then the Oklahoma assassin comes down and does that lol. I know it’s probably tough down there for most but he has a different set of skills then us normal people have

Some of the locals (not all, some locals are awesome and helpful people) were saying it was fishing bad in the middle of it all last winter. I love reading some of the locals posts....even the thread from when the madness was happening is pretty funny to look back on and read because how salty some of them were.

Its a good lake....big fish aint easy to catch. Some guys just know how to do it better than others.....nothing wrong with that!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:42 PM

Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:44 PM

Man you know all the locals keep those big fish secret. rolleyes
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:54 PM

He finds them, he gets them to bite and then he gets them in the boat. That last part is also key to his success. Big bass get that way for a reason, congratulations to his mastery of all three of these skills.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/17/21 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
[quote=tmd11111]That poor lake ain't caught a break all year.

If you can see them in grass, you're better than me.

We saw smaller fish going in and out of the grass chasing our lures.. We then knew what to look for. We were fishing right on the grass line. We caught about 30 smaller bass in the grass. We had no idea that one that big was in there.
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 12:02 AM

Does anyone know if he turns these into the share a lunker program? A very quick search and it doesn’t look like it, but I didn’t look long

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by yandeltx
Does anyone know if he turns these into the share a lunker program? A very quick search and it doesn’t look like it, but I didn’t look long

I do not think they are taking submissions until January
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 12:48 AM

I just want to know why someone that “guides” finds it more important to hold 40lbs of fish in livewell for photo op rather than care for fish?? Take a pic and put it back!! If your gonna weigh it go do it ASAP and put it back. Tired of seeing this guy and other holding and killing fish just so they can show off the big sack they caught to everyone!! soap

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
I just want to know why someone that “guides” finds it more important to hold 40lbs of fish in livewell for photo op rather than care for fish?? Take a pic and put it back!! If your gonna weigh it go do it ASAP and put it back. Tired of seeing this guy and other holding and killing fish just so they can show off the big sack they caught to everyone!! soap

I think it is the same reason that Seth Feider does it....and the same reason every other professional tournament angler does it. Its part of the job 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: 9094

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 01:32 AM

He guides about 200 days a year at @ 1000.00 a day. That’s a pretty dang good job if you ask me!
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 01:37 AM

He is making a living out of a sickness

Thats called the glory shot, live wellin bass for that social media pic at the end of the day, brought to you by youtubers and googans everywhere

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Thats called the glory shot, live wellin bass for that social media pic at the end of the day, brought to you by youtubers and googans everywhere

Is a googan different than youtuber?

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Is a googan different than youtuber?

Not really
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by 9094

He guides about 200 days a year at @ 1000.00 a day. That’s a pretty dang good job if you ask me!

and he is living rent-free in a lot of these folks' heads. lol
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 03:54 AM

seriously this is a stupid convo,, go to work!!!
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by bockscar

I think it is the same reason that Seth Feider does it....and the same reason every other professional tournament angler does it. Its part of the job 🤷‍♂️

He’s not a professional angler. Another dumbazz post. You’re a real fluffer. Props to JJ but I’m not signing up for his fan club and if you need to pay a guide 1k to catch fish you might want to take up another hobby

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 04:28 AM

I heard Milley and the Meat-eaters are heading that way roflmao RIP Ivie.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

He’s not a professional angler. Another dumbazz post. You’re a real fluffer. Props to JJ but I’m not signing up for his fan club and if you need to pay a guide 1k to catch fish you might want to take up another hobby

I guess being a pro in the crappie circuit don't count

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 02:11 PM

I guess being a pro in the crappie circuit don't count

or the fact that he gets paid $1000 per day to guide 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 03:30 PM

I followed him on social media for a little while. His attitude gets old quick. How can someone that that fills up his diesel tank with def and gas in the same 6 months think he’s that much smarter than everyone. Maybe he was valedictorian of his okie class but he should probably take a humble pill once in a while when he drives out of that 2 cousin town.

Ps. He can catch them. I don’t care how he does it.
Posted By: Okfish96

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 03:49 PM

So much hate for this man just because he does what you can’t do and he does it consistently. I am jealous of him because I can’t do it and I am trying. But I don’t hate him because he can. That’s a lot of what is wrong in this country you guys talk trash about him on here but I guarantee you would love to jump in the boat with him and see how it’s done.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Okfish96
So much hate for this man just because he does what you can’t do and he does it consistently. I am jealous of him because I can’t do it and I am trying. But I don’t hate him because he can. That’s a lot of what is wrong in this country you guys talk trash about him on here but I guarantee you would love to jump in the boat with him and see how it’s done.

Ive been following him since last winter on Facebook....never got vibes he had a big ego or that he thought he was smarter than anyone. Pretty sure if he had the ego/smarter than everyone attitude he wouldnt have posted him being a [censored] using def fluid instead of gas! LOL Dude posted it as a joke on himself....so no idea how people get the negative vibes from some hippie looking dude whos always on em. Everyone loves Feider....and that dudes a nut! LOL

When I saw him at Ivie, he was eating breakfast at concho talking to kids as he was eating...dont figure a big shot wouldve taken the time to do that 🤷‍♂️

Its seriously sad how out of someones way people will go to be bitter nowadays. He's not catching "your fish" or burning anyones community holes, killing or snagging fish....the kids just out there grinding, and making a good living off of his passion.....oh, this will probably throw some of you all over the edge....he has a pretty hot wife too! LOL
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 06:01 PM

All I can say about the guy is I’ve never heard of him.

hooked
Posted By: 361V

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 06:09 PM

If you charge to guide people and they line up to pay $$$ I’m thinking you’re a “professional”! “Another dumbazz post”!
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 06:10 PM

Dudes def got it going on and 1000 percent a professional angler- he charges people a grand a day to teach people lol. Ivie is a sweet lake but it will be death by internet.
Posted By: Looseline

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 07:15 PM

Never thought the fishing forum would spend this much energy hating on a fellow angler. I have actually been on the boat with him. I didnt think the guy had a big ego at all. Heck some of you even attack the Josh's customers like me. Might want to find another hobby? Nope I'm good. I like fishing and learning.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 07:16 PM

When you good, some will get sooooooo "Jelly"! roflmao
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Looseline
Never thought the fishing forum would spend this much energy hating on a fellow angler. I have actually been on the boat with him. I didnt think the guy had a big ego at all. Heck some of you even attack the Josh's customers like me. Might want to find another hobby? Nope I'm good. I like fishing and learning.

Does he really charge $1k? If so, I think he’s a fricking genius, wish I was smart enough to make that per day.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 07:38 PM

You ain’t worth attacking. Stay on topic! roflmao

For half what you paid him, I’ll teach what NOT TO DO.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Come fishing with me. For free I’ll show how to really suck

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Come fishing with me. For free I’ll show how to really suck

That is what I am saying.. Just buy me Whataburger afterward..

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 09:17 PM

Lunch is an additional $300
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 09:24 PM

There are a few who seem to have a problem with him. I think the majority are impressed with his skills on the water.
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 09:30 PM

Some folks always seem to have an axe to grind with someone who can do something better than they can.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

There are a few who seem to have a problem with him. I think the majority are impressed with his skills on the water.

Agree with that fully. Very small, but very vocal group of haters here.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 10:03 PM

heck everybody should be glad to know there is fish that big in public water.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 10:43 PM

Okay my bad. He’s a professional guide. Carry on.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 10:54 PM

So much jealousy from guys that don't even know him. I personally have hired him and already have another trip booked with him. It was worth every penny. We caught some fish, but the knowledge I learned about using livescope has enabled me to catch fish on lakes that I would have never caught before. Ego.........lol. This guy is one of the most humble fisherman i've ever met. I still talk to him regularly and he'll be the first to help if he can. I'll ask him questions about why fish are where they are and instead making up some b.s story he'll just tell me he doesn't know. He has mastered a skill very few others have and is willing to share it. I guess for the cry babies that talk about the "stringer pics", why don't you gang up with PETA and where your dressess and boycott every tournament because those anglers do the same thing in hopes of getting paid. Idiots. Those pics are advertisement for his business. And apparently they work well
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 11:11 PM

The only thing I would be pissed about would be the extra pressure on my home lake (if OHI was my home lake) from the publication of these giant fish. But that’s how he makes his living so you can’t fault the guy for that.

You know you are on top of the world when everyone is trying to bring you down. Josh is clearly on top of the world right now.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Josh Jones - 12/18/21 11:46 PM

Damn I would pay $1000 to get back the thirty minutes I spent reading 90% of this thread
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 12:18 AM

The bellyachers are likely the same chumps that would pay $500 a day for a guide for a couple days and catch 17 fish each day with a big between 6-8# and think they whacked them and snapping selfies of fish that don’t even touch 8. This josh guy might put you on a real public water monster in one day, and teach you how he is doing it for the same price.

But those ivie locals always sacking up the 40# bags anchored with 15lb fish whenever they go out don’t you know. Fight club rules prohibit photos or conversations regarding such.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 01:16 AM

He's on another level with the electronics. Revisit the basschamp championship results from 2 months ago if you want a real reflection on how the lake is fishing.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 01:34 AM

A true giant.

https://www.facebook.com/JoshJonesF...-in-shock-hope-yall-en/3107652339492003/

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 01:38 AM

roflmao
Posted By: GSKEETER

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 01:45 AM

pretty awesome vid ,

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 02:02 AM

Would be interesting to see the number of white swim jigs being ordered now. roflmao
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 02:09 AM

I hope the hawg hunters keep their livescope, umbrella rigs and go pros, north and west all winter long!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 04:46 AM

Fellow hunters and fisherman are far more critical than any of the big organizations such as PETA.
"Oh that buck isn't impressive, it was shot over a corn feeder."
"it's stupid to hunt a high fence ranch"
"nice fish but it was caught in a stock pond"
"Livescope fish, not as impressed"

You get the point
Posted By: rbspots

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 01:46 PM

Everything is bigger in TX. Even the butt hurt
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by rbspots
Everything is bigger in TX. Even the butt hurt

roflmao

Ivie is the lake I grew up fishing. I only fish 6-7 times a year due to kids and working out of state, much less make it down to Ivie. Love to see big fish being caught there. Even by an Okie….. clap

I also think a little humble pie is good for some of the egos floating around the TFF. I thought the only fish in Texas over 13 were in Camelot Bell!!
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 03:34 PM

After seeing what he and Mulligan did at the first of the year with Livescope I made my mind up to get serious about using my live scope. I set aside 5 days of my vacation to hit the lake and Livescope only. First day I hit the lake with all my DD baits tied on, all my reels spooled with new line, live wells cleaned and ready for the trophy of a lifetime, Share A Lunker phone number on speed dial and hired a film crew so I could show the world that JJ and Mulligan are not the only guys that can catch giants. Ran straight to the area where I have caught some of my biggest fish, dropped the trolling motor and proceeded to find the fish of a lifetime. After about 12 to 15 minutes of Livescoping I figured out this was the dumbest idea I ever had, picked up the trolling motor and headed to the bank to flip some brush. Hats off to those guy’s, patience is not my best virtue.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
After seeing what he and Mulligan did at the first of the year with Livescope I made my mind up to get serious about using my live scope. I set aside 5 days of my vacation to hit the lake and Livescope only. First day I hit the lake with all my DD baits tied on, all my reels spooled with new line, live wells cleaned and ready for the trophy of a lifetime, Share A Lunker phone number on speed dial and hired a film crew so I could show the world that JJ and Mulligan are not the only guys that can catch giants. Ran straight to the area where I have caught some of my biggest fish, dropped the trolling motor and proceeded to find the fish of a lifetime. After about 12 to 15 minutes of Livescoping I figured out this was the dumbest idea I ever had, picked up the trolling motor and headed to the bank to flip some brush. Hats off to those guy’s, patience is not my best virtue.

Not many people can stare at that screen possibly all day without making a cast. I can if I'm fishing alone but I seem to always have somebody with me so I don't get to do it much. I want to do it more this year though. I did pretty good with a big spoon this fall but lost the only one think was over 10. It's addictive for sure

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hulapoppin

Exact same here! I really wonder how many guys you could offer something like "if you troll around for 8 hours, starting at sun up and dont cast....ill give you waypoints where DDs are for sure" and how many would actually do that.

Graphing all day is hard as hell as stupid as that sounds....cuz we are out there to fish. I redid my boat a couple winters ago and in the middle of it unexpectedly came across a deal on a Helix 12. I like graphing and enjoy trolling around looking at what the terrain looks like underneath our boat. So....I figured Im gonna put my Helix at the console because Im going to spend my time and be disciplined and make it worth what I paid for the unit (got a deal on my helix but thing still wasnt cheap LOL)......nope. After a solid year and a halfish of actual use....switching my Helix to the bow soon. I want to fish way more than I want to graph. I only fish 1-4 times per month at most....and its tough to stare at a graph when every minute on the water counts for me.

But hey....if I didnt have a job and had livescope im sure id catch them just the same as Josh Jones bang roflmao
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Fellow hunters and fisherman are far more critical than any of the big organizations such as PETA.
"Oh that buck isn't impressive, it was shot over a corn feeder."
"it's stupid to hunt a high fence ranch"
"nice fish but it was caught in a stock pond"
"Livescope fish, not as impressed"

You get the point

I'd add to the list; fish was caught trolling, using live bait, off a bed. It's almost as if a method that is too effective is frowned upon.

I think people should be stoked on this. it's impressive that there are that many big bass in public water. Makes me think maybe there is a new state record somewhere out there.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 10:24 PM

It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Milliken) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Mulligan) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

Kinda what I was thinking. I haven’t seen any of Jones’s videos but when Mulligans boat flipping 10#ers and then they’re flopping around on the deck then getting slapped on the belly and their mouths held to someone’s crotch and then finally after five minutes get tossed back into the water. Then post a video doing these things for every Tom, Dick, Harry and Karen to show up with a GoPro and do the same thing and then they post their videos and so on and so on. So you got a bunch of amateur YouTubers disrespecting and destroying your beautiful resource. I don’t think locals are so much jealous of the big fish catchs as they are more pissed of the social media presence and the lack of respect and care that is brought to these beautiful resources that you have. And it’s easier to pick on the ones that do the initial videos than the videos themselves. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but social media is what it is and it’s not going anywhere any time soon. JMHO cheers

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Mulligan) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

Kinda what I was thinking. I haven’t seen any of Jones’s videos but when Mulligans boat flipping 10#ers and then they’re flopping around on the deck then getting slapped on the belly and their mouths held to someone’s crotch and then finally after five minutes get tossed back into the water. Then post a video doing these things for every Tom, Dick, Harry and Karen to show up with a GoPro and do the same thing and then they post their videos and so on and so on. So you got a bunch of amateur YouTubers disrespecting and destroying your beautiful resource. I don’t think locals are so much jealous of the big fish catchs as they are more pissed of the social media presence and the lack of respect and care that is brought to these beautiful resources that you have. And it’s easier to pick on the ones that do the initial videos than the videos themselves. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but social media is what it is and it’s not going anywhere any time soon. JMHO cheers

Are you as mad at TPW, the sharelunker program, Concho and Elm Creek as you are muligan and JJ?

I know facts dont matter when it comes to hating on anyone....

but watch the Miliken videos and he doesnt mention Ivie by name in the first few videos. Josh Jones doesnt really throw around waypoints either and really he isnt extremely active on socials from what ive seen in the year or so ive followed him. I had no idea the most recent fish he posted on facebook was caught at Ivie....until I saw the Concho facebook post that said it was caught at Ivie. JJ and Muligan arent the ones that solely blew the lid off it....people just connected enough dots....and even though they wont admit it and might refuse to understand it, im sure the locals didnt help that (spoiler alert they didnt help the cause and their negativity was a big reason I went because i knew it was fishing good for how salty (some of) the locals were).

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really helped blow the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 11:45 PM

oh and if it makes you feel better....i doubt the Tom, Dick, harry and Karens with GoPros were catching DDs and "abusing" the fish (i put abusing in quotes since its already established that there were low mortality rates among all the giants caught last winter). As hard as it is to believe....just because you are around them doesnt mean you are catching them 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 11:48 PM

Yep, nobody wants death by internet/social media to “their”, home lake. Bassmaster was kind of the first to do this back in the day on lakes like Amistad and Falcon. Facebook is bad enough but YouTube is another level. I think most of us can agree the guy is great at catching monsters, just pleeeaaassseee don’t come to a lake I fish… roflmao
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Josh Jones - 12/19/21 11:48 PM

Are you as mad at TPW, the sharelunker program, Concho and Elm Creek as you are muligan and JJ?

but watch the Miliken videos and he doesnt mention Ivie by name in the first few videos. Josh Jones doesnt really throw around waypoints either and really he isnt extremely active on socials from what ive seen in the year or so ive followed him. I had no idea the most recent fish he posted on facebook was caught at Ivie....until I saw the Concho facebook post that said it was caught at Ivie. JJ and Muligan arent the ones that solely blew the lid off it....people just connected enough dots....and even though they wont admit it and might refuse to understand it, im sure the locals didnt help that (spoiler alert they didnt help the cause and their negativity was a big reason I went because i knew it was fishing good for how salty (some of) the locals were).

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really blew the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Very good point. Like you, I didn’t know where the fish was caught when I first saw it

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 12:17 AM

oh and if it makes you feel better....i doubt the Tom, Dick, harry and Karens with GoPros were catching DDs and "abusing" the fish (i put abusing in quotes since its already established that there were low mortality rates among all the giants caught last winter). As hard as it is to believe....just because you are around them doesnt mean you are catching them 🤷‍♂️

Wasn’t the point. Not hating on anyone. It’s not about DDs either. It’s any and all fish. Like I said it’s about the social media presence and the rift raft that comes after the fact. It also doesn’t matter if it’s right or wrong it’s not going to change with the way social media is in today’s world. Just got to learn to deal with it. But judging from your posts not only in this thread we know how you roll and that’s ok cuz this is American and you have that right cheers.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 12:22 AM

Wasn’t the point. Not hating on anyone. It’s not about DDs either. It’s any and all fish. Like I said it’s about the social media presence and the rift raft that comes after the fact. It also doesn’t matter if it’s right or wrong it’s not going to change with the way social media is in today’s world. Just got to learn to deal with it. But judging from your posts not only in this thread we know how you roll and that’s ok cuz this is American and you have that right cheers.

roflmao

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 12:31 AM

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really helped blow the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Hey monkey lips, where did I hate on anyone. I offered a reason as to why people don’t like Jones or Milliken. Maybe if you didn’t live in the third world country known as El Paso, you’d understand. Of course you can’t comprehend it, nobody purposely goes to El Paso.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 12:32 AM

Hey monkey lips, where did I hate on anyone. I offered a reason as to why people don’t like Jones or Milliken. Maybe if you didn’t live in the third world country known as El Paso, you’d understand. Of course you can’t comprehend it, nobody purposely goes to El Paso.

roflmao
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 01:10 AM

It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Milliken) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

This
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 02:50 AM

With this bunch if you refuse to fluff JJ you’re a “hater” it’s like a cliche thing to say.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 03:00 AM

Josh Jones was never the issue as far as I was concerned. By all accounts he seems to be a decent dude. It was the other group of honyoks that were acting a fool by drinking and cursing and just acting stupid on their videos. I believe their exact words were something like “single handedly put Ivie on the map”. Apparently they never fished the last in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Jones is doing something 99.9% of us can’t and won’t do. He is catching one or two fish a day and they are giants. That’s his thing and he is good. It doesn’t translate to tournament fishing and that’s okay. Also the guy is a bit of a genius if he can coax some of y’all into paying a grand to go out with him. I’d never fault a guy for making money doing what he loves.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

This

I get it. Yall couldn't catch a monster before imagine what yall will
do with more pressure. nuts hammer

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
Originally Posted by SC-001

This

I get it. Yall couldn't catch a monster before imagine what yall will
do with more pressure. nuts hammer

Another one who can’t read, apparently you don’t get anything. Try re-reading what I wrote.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Josh Jones was never the issue as far as I was concerned. By all accounts he seems to be a decent dude. It was the other group of honyoks that were acting a fool by drinking and cursing and just acting stupid on their videos. I believe their exact words were something like “single handedly put Ivie on the map”. Apparently they never fished the last in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Jones is doing something 99.9% of us can’t and won’t do. He is catching one or two fish a day and they are giants. That’s his thing and he is good. It doesn’t translate to tournament fishing and that’s okay. Also the guy is a bit of a genius if he can coax some of y’all into paying a grand to go out with him. I’d never fault a guy for making money doing what he loves.

thumb

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 03:31 AM

Spot on.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 01:02 PM

It's not much of a secret what he's doing yet there's really not anyone replicating it. There's a reason for that, it's super hard.

It's extremely hard to have the patience to wander around the lake for hours on end looking for a big fish.
Its hard to be able to tell that you are looking at a big bass and not a small bass or a carp etc...
If you do find the fish it's hard to have the hand-eye-foot control to hold the boat/trolling motor where you need it to be to see a fish and your lure in the small 20 degree cone angle of the live scope so you can see what's happening.
Then you have to avoid spooking the fish.
Then you have to make a good cast and get the fish to bite.
Then you have to land the beast.

Most of us will never be able to do it. It's akin to hitting a major league pitch in my mind. It looks easy until you stand in the batters box and realize just how fast a 96 mph fastball really is. Practice all you want, but the best you can hope for is a bunt.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 03:05 PM

To me, there is a 180 difference between JJ & Millie-Doosh. JJ is a class act, Millie is...... well ...... we all know what Millie is.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
To me, there is a 180 difference between JJ & Millie-Doosh. JJ is a class act, Millie is...... well ...... we all know what Millie is.

JJ caught a lot of strays. Dudes basically a guide....not a social media star like Miliken. They just have a similar group of acquaintances and ended up fishing together because of it last winter. Im not a big fan of Miliken because he does seem...abrasive, but JJ seems like a solid guy from his socials. Posts his family as much as he does fishing stuff. Doesnt mention or brag that hes charging and getting a fee to guide most dont and cant get. Doesnt really shove sponsors down your throat (but that might change since hes with lowrance now LOL) either.

Poor bastards catching strays just because he's on em.........often!
Posted By: Board Pro

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish
With this bunch if you refuse to fluff JJ you’re a “hater” it’s like a cliche thing to say.

Amen.........

I think the most off putting deal is the end of day stringer pics and the crowd that thinks that is the "cool" thing to do. Sure catch a big fish, take some photos for your social media, don't slap it on the belly just let it go.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 06:37 PM

I believe that JJ and Milliken and all those trophy hunters should be thanked for helping out the local economy around OH Ivie. There are folks down there thriving instead of suffering. Look at it that way.....or you can look at it like you suck at big fish hunting. The latter comes with an attitude, though, so pick the first one and you'll feel better.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Josh Jones - 12/20/21 08:31 PM

Absolutely zero respect for Milli Vanilli! JJ is the real deal!
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 12:30 AM

I agree with this.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 01:22 AM

Josh is currently on FB live explaining what he does and how it does it, fairly interesting.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 01:53 AM

Josh is currently on FB live explaining what he does and how it does it, fairly interesting.

Feel free to cliff note it for us.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 02:05 AM

Trolling motor on 10 constantly moving until he see's on he thinks is big enough to cast to. Uses a swim jig with trailer.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 02:49 AM

Trolling motor on 10 constantly moving until he see's on he thinks is big enough to cast to. Uses a swim jig with trailer.

Dang, I bet I’ll have a few double digits tomorrow with that info! hammer

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 03:13 AM

Dang, I bet I’ll have a few double digits tomorrow with that info! hammer

About all you’ll have is dead batteries roflmao
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 02:14 PM

You have proof he's killed his fish? He has given two SALs ALIVE to TPWD. SALs 2250 and 2251 were turned over to TPWD alive.

But if you have proof he's killed fish you should post it for the world to see.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 02:50 PM

I really think some of you guys need to get out and wet a line more often. The time spent out on the water would sure make some of your dispositions a little brighter. I love being out, and I start going stir crazy if I don't get a fishing fix. I know some of the comments are observations, or comments about the topic. But the negativity that I sense is totally opposite from what I typically see on the forum.

God Bless Anyone who has the chance to get out and enjoy fishing, and all of it's benefits. Helping others is even better, if you can go that route. On the funny side of things, i still say he does so well because he knows how to hold his mouth. Seeing the donkeys is sure humbling to see. Makes you wonder how many times you got close to a monster like that, and it didn't even consider your bait.

Cheer up, go make sure the batteries are charged and get out and wet a line.

Prosise
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 03:19 PM

No trailer on jig
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

No trailer on jig

Yep-6th Sense Braid Jig no trailer

Re: Josh Jones - 12/21/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

No trailer on jig

HIs take on why he wasnt using one was interesting. I never really considered a swim jig a "finesse" bait and thats kinda how he described it! That damn next level thinking is what separates guys like JJ and even wheeler from us average joes. I forgot the video....but wheeler started drop shotting a ned rig bait and broke down why he decided to try it, and it reminded me of JJ breaking down his thinking for why he wasnt using a trailer....and how those dudes really think on that next level
Posted By: mudd

Re: Josh Jones - 12/22/21 02:38 AM

If u run a trailer on ur swimjig it makes a higher chance of losing the fish due to it biting it instead. I don’t throw a trailer on mine either

Re: Josh Jones - 12/22/21 06:44 AM

OK now I got a reason to hate on the guy finally....

swim jigs are sold out! LOL been wanting to pick up some of them and some buzzbaits, loading up the TW cart and yup...sold out! anyone else got a swim jig theyd like to recommend? been buying that 6th sense one the last few times i bought some.
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: Josh Jones - 12/22/21 01:54 PM

swim jigs are sold out! LOL been wanting to pick up some of them and some buzzbaits, loading up the TW cart and yup...sold out! anyone else got a swim jig theyd like to recommend? been buying that 6th sense one the last few times i bought some.

Santone
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Josh Jones - 12/22/21 02:29 PM

Posted By: David Burton

Re: Josh Jones - 12/22/21 03:31 PM

M-Pack Lures...

But try the 6th Sense website to see if they got them in before TW did
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Josh Jones - 12/22/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Panhandle

Santone

Santone no doubt!!!!!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Josh Jones - 12/23/21 04:03 PM

Hate this kid? Nah, I hate all of you that fish Wood County lakes....every swinging dick.....I said what I said nannyboo
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Josh Jones - 12/23/21 06:55 PM

Dirty jig make the best swim jig

Re: Josh Jones - 12/23/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by James Biggs

I ended up grabbing a couple z man crosseyez jigs. I didnt like the look of the dirty jigs one for some reason...forgot if it was the line tie or the brush guard...or they might not had white. But it was something like that since i didnt go with them but looked into em. Its just funny to see all the 6th sense ones are sold out....but they do make one of the nicer swim jigs on the market imo. that divine has been getting sold out for a long time

Re: Josh Jones - 12/23/21 08:50 PM

What do you know? It's not like you've won the All American or made any Forest Wood Cups nuts

MerrY Christmas to you and the family James!

Re: Josh Jones - 12/24/21 12:07 AM

I ended up grabbing a couple z man crosseyez jigs. I didnt like the look of the dirty jigs one for some reason...forgot if it was the line tie or the brush guard...or they might not had white. But it was something like that since i didnt go with them but looked into em. Its just funny to see all the 6th sense ones are sold out....but they do make one of the nicer swim jigs on the market imo. that divine has been getting sold out for a long time

The guy who suggested that has forgot more about fish than most know. Just saying

Re: Josh Jones - 12/24/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

The guy who suggested that has forgot more about fish than most know. Just saying

I didnt want to take the advice of someone accomplished and who has a proven track record showing that they definitely know what they are talking about, because some people criticized me for mentioning 6th sense swim jigs in here recently. I forgot who that was, but i learned my lesson about buying tackle recommended by accomplished anglers. 🤔🤷‍♂️

So decided on buying a couple of the zman instead.....plus the recommendation was after I placed my order.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Josh Jones - 12/24/21 01:17 AM

Without a doubt!
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Josh Jones - 12/24/21 03:24 AM

What do you know? It's not like you've won the All American or made any Forest Wood Cups nuts

Lol Merry Christmas to you too
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Josh Jones - 12/24/21 06:45 AM

Merry Christmas to you James from TCBC...Farrar here.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Josh Jones - 12/25/21 03:14 PM

Lol Merry Christmas to you too

If he'd learn how to cull fish he'd be dangerous. wink

Merry Christmas James
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum