Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I love Fall and Winter [Re: Whistlebritches] #14204851 11/28/21 01:34 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If I was on a lake like your Tim I would travel fish a lot less. Lol. I do like loading up the boat and traveling to fish with friends and family every chance I get. It’s always an adventure and some of my best memories! We used to keep our boat at the marina but I just found it easier to do all the prep work necessary at my house and keep the boat loaded and ready to roll at all times. I like being able to walk out my back door and clean The War Machine and check to make sure I have everything ready for battle. I live a mile from the lake so I can be on the water in 15 minutes should I choose to go fish. I think boating is more of a hassle for guys that don’t do it every week but we’ve been doing it so long it’s become second nature. When I take time off from fishing is when it becomes a real hassle with forgetting trolling motor remotes, letting line get to old, forgetting to repair cast nets, etc.. But when I go all the time it’s a well oiled machine and I’m not shooting myself in the foot by forgetting things.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: I love Fall and Winter [Re: Whistlebritches] #14205079 11/28/21 06:05 PM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I love motoring around on my small 16 foot boat. Just heading out making waves with a plan and big expectations is just awesome for me.

I have had some of the most amazing views and best of times in our big Texas lakes, and even though Lake Lavon is almost next door for me, it's nice to try other lakes as well with the boat and the trailer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Catching is great, but any time on the water is precious.

Last edited by Texas Brit; 11/28/21 06:06 PM.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: I love Fall and Winter [Re: Whistlebritches] #14205085 11/28/21 06:17 PM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
It's all about the stories...

The winter bite.

A couple of weeks ago I took the plunge and entered El Gato's friendly fishing competition and get together on Lake Lewisville. I got skunked and despite the high winds had a great time and met some really nice folks. I met Henry from Midlothian, a really nice guy and friend of Geno, aka Skeetmaster. As we had high winds and we both have small boats, we decided to stick together, choosing to stay close to the shore line. We had a great time and followed each other around (he caught some, I didn't) both laughing like little kids as we headed back together bouncing off the waves in what was a quite wet ride.

Well, we stayed in touch.

Henry invited me to come fish Lake Tawakoni on his boat (mine had issues), and as can happen the plan went south when he got called out. We tried again but my turn to bail.

Henry was hoping to get out this weekend but work got in the way, and last minute he managed to get some time in so off he went.

He called me earlier, as excited as a little kid. This was why...

[Linked Image]

That is a 72 pound (gasp) bluecat, his PB.

[Linked Image]

That is the fish up against his 36 inch scale.

He told me he had another take down while fighting the big fish. He said it was screaming his drag and fought real hard all the way in.

Looking forward to joining him soon on Tawakoni hopefully.

FYI he caught it in 35 feet of water.

Last edited by Texas Brit; 11/28/21 06:20 PM.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: I love Fall and Winter [Re: Whistlebritches] #14205369 11/29/21 12:34 AM
W
Whistlebritches Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
W
Lots of factors on my part.......I have been experiencing some sciatic nerve issues,much easier to unload when the lake is up,been windy as all get out on my days off so on and so forth.I think once I rid myself of my current bass boat,which I have no love for,and find me a center console or deck boat my attitude towards boating will change significantly. If the wind isn't ridiculously high this weekend I may get the boat out............but not much mule deer season left up in the panhandle.DECISIONS,DECISIONS!!!

On Time,On Target,Never Quit
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide