Re: Baccarac [Re: Jersey Dan] #14169157 10/23/21 12:58 PM
C
cali kid Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Jersey Dan
Originally Posted by cali kid
I always used Lake Baccarac Lodge. I am a little surprised to see all the recs for Carlos' lodge. Prices are similar (high), lodge seems a lot nicer at Baccarac Lodge but
Carlos' place has bass boats. Does that sum up the differences?

Lake Baccarac lodge looks beautiful, but fishing out of a 16 foot aluminum boat and not having real bass boats are a complete deal breaker.

I’ve spent a full month at Baccarac over the past two years, It’s like taking a time machine back to falcon prime. Hard to describe how perfect that place is.

Interesting. I don't mind the boats at the Lodge, it is just part of the Mexican fishing experience to me. I don't feel that I would catch any more fish out of a bass boat.

The number one thing necessary for a good trip at a Mexican lake is a good guide.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Baccarac [Re: forkduc] #14169211 10/23/21 01:54 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
have fished with ron speed outfitters at comedero,el salto and picachos the past 5 years and they use 17 ft Xpress aluminum bass boats with 60 hp Yamaha engines....this is perfect size bass boat for these lakes...plenty of room plus these lakes are fairly small,surrounded by mountains so wind/rough water hasn't been a [Linked Image]
problem....

Re: Baccarac [Re: cali kid] #14169247 10/23/21 02:43 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I always used Lake Baccarac Lodge. I am a little surprised to see all the recs for Carlos' lodge. Prices are similar (high), lodge seems a lot nicer at Baccarac Lodge but

Lake Baccarac lodge looks beautiful, but fishing out of a 16 foot aluminum boat and not having real bass boats are a complete deal breaker.

I’ve spent a full month at Baccarac over the past two years, It’s like taking a time machine back to falcon prime. Hard to describe how perfect that place is.

Interesting. I don't mind the boats at the Lodge, it is just part of the Mexican fishing experience to me. I don't feel that I would catch any more fish out of a bass boat.

The number one thing necessary for a good trip at a Mexican lake is a good guide.

the only thing you need at picachos or el salto is plenty of hooks,sinkers and plastics...stop on any bank,cast and you gonna get bit....and it probably don't matter what you fish with either.....last year,senkos and flukes seemed to work best for us but we had one guy in our group that caught as many as anybody with a spinnerbait and another guy did same thing with a crankbait so I'm not sure it mattered.....as far as having a good guide<i'm sure some are better than others but most of them go from one community hole to another and some of our best places were spots we asked the guide to stop and fish because it looked good and there wasn't anybody fishing it....

Re: Baccarac [Re: beartrap] #14169305 10/23/21 04:07 PM
C
cali kid Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by beartrap

the only thing you need at picachos or el salto is plenty of hooks,sinkers and plastics...stop on any bank,cast and you gonna get bit....and it probably don't matter what you fish with either.....last year,senkos and flukes seemed to work best for us but we had one guy in our group that caught as many as anybody with a spinnerbait and another guy did same thing with a crankbait so I'm not sure it mattered.....as far as having a good guide<i'm sure some are better than others but most of them go from one community hole to another and some of our best places were spots we asked the guide to stop and fish because it looked good and there wasn't anybody fishing it....

Sometimes you get a guide that is a big cut above. One that is always thinking about where to go next and what will work. Not just a community hole guide. And he doesn't try to out fish you, he fishes just enough to get an idea what is working. I could tell a lot of stories about Mexican guides good and bad. But you are correct, there are usually several ways to catch them down there. I have a good one at Baccarac now and I use him every trip. He is a great deep water guide and don't try to fool him into thinking you didn't just have a strike that you missed, lol. I am going back in December.

Re: Baccarac [Re: forkduc] #14193929 11/17/21 09:38 PM
H
Hippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
yes

Re: Baccarac [Re: forkduc] #14194019 11/17/21 10:45 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Got any pics, forkduc? Need to plan a trip down there but it will have to be next year.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Baccarac [Re: forkduc] #14196257 11/19/21 11:02 PM
B
backatit Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
what time of year is prime for these lakes?

Re: Baccarac [Re: forkduc] #14196631 11/20/21 12:45 PM
C
cali kid Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
October through June is the season and you never know what time will be best each year. In a normal year there is no bad time. But it is fishing and some weeks are better than
others, you never know before you go. The lake got lower than normal this past summer and now after the summer rains it is back up and i guess the fish are a bit scattered. Also it has been unseasonably
hot this October and November.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide