C-MAP US Enhanced and Lavon Lake #14193191 11/17/21 06:15 AM
G
greenpin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Hello fellow TFFer's!

I recently purchased a new Lowrance 'HDS-9 Carbon AI2 3-IN-1 CMAP-DIS' that has 'C-MAP US Enhanced' embedded charts. Most lakes in the DFW area have 1-foot contours, but Lavon Lake does not (10-foot contours). I can't find a lake listing online for this product to verify. Should it, or will I need to purchase a different C-MAP product to get charting for this lake?

Also, I would like to use the depth shading feature, but none of the US Enhanced lakes show anything but solid red when enabled (using Depth 1 default settings). Should it work out of the box with the US Enhanced charts, or will I need to purchase a different C-MAP product to use this feature?

Re: C-MAP US Enhanced and Lavon Lake [Re: greenpin] #14193193 11/17/21 06:52 AM
G
greenpin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Update:

I found the following knowledge article that shows how to preview a map using the C-MAP ChartExplorer website...
https://www.c-map.com/support/?guid...sing-C-MAP-charts%3F&guideId=001-103

If this is what Lavon Lake actually looks like in the C-MAP Reveal charts, I am already disappointed. The contours are heavily averaged and missing a lot of detail, or just wrong all together.

I am comparing C-MAPS ChartExplorer charts to Navionics ChartViewer charts here...
https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@12&key=e_uhE%60dykQ

Re: C-MAP US Enhanced and Lavon Lake [Re: greenpin] #14193335 11/17/21 01:42 PM
L
Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S Offline
Angler
Angler
L
I looked at Lavon and it has great 1 ft increments. The key to looking at the Cmap website is turning on HRB and zooming in. The Reveal map is what I looked at I have that map and depth shading works very well on this map.

Here is a more complete instructions for looking at CMaps online

CMap Instructions for Exploring C Maps online

Go to website Click below

https://www.c-map.com/search-charts

Fill in the following Boxes

Location; Put in either where you live or what lake you want to look at.
Chart Plotter Brand; When you select your Brand and Model It gives you the list of Maps that work on Your Unit (No More Guessing)
Chart Plotter Model
Chart Product; Most People want to look at Discovery or Reveal. If you fish crappie or Bass Look at Reveal, If you fish all over the Us and Canada then Pick Discovery
Coverage; Put in Lakes Regional

After all the boxes are enters click on Search
A List of Maps will come up on the left side of the US Map Click on the one you want to explore. The boundary of that map will be displayed on the US Map
Next Go to the Round Button with 4 arrows upper right hand corner and click on That.
This Expands the map to full Screen and Displays an ICON call layers
Click on Layers and Turn on HRB High Res Bathy
Zoom in on the Map Boundary and Find your Lake zoom in till you see the contours

Last edited by Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S; 11/17/21 01:45 PM.

Lowrance On Water Training
www.LowranceOnWater.com

Lowrance Pro-Staff since 1986 Bass and Crappie Fishing, Hunting, Farming, On Water Training , Exploring Texas and its history.
Re: C-MAP US Enhanced and Lavon Lake [Re: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S] #14194282 11/18/21 03:25 AM
G
greenpin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Below are examples of the island on the east side of the dam. Notice how the C-MAP chart has much less detail, and only really along the shoreline. I was hoping for more detail of Lavon Lake, especially in the most current C-MAP product.

C-MAP Reveal with HBR enabled...

[Linked Image]

Navionics+ SonarChart....

[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide