Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
NPFL one and done? #14177427 11/01/21 03:12 AM
K
kellisag Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
K
Just saw a post on Facebook with a few guys saying they are done and won’t be running next year? Anyone else hearing this? I enjoyed following them, seemed like they filled a niche.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14177504 11/01/21 04:00 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Only rumor I’ve seen, was on BBC.

Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14177506 11/01/21 04:04 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Wow thats nuts if true, thought they did great this year much better than I expected. Come to think of it I liked the XFL too.. both times

Last edited by SC-001; 11/01/21 04:05 AM.
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14177519 11/01/21 04:32 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Last I hear, folks like Greg Hackney & Patrick Walters were going to fish that trail.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14177585 11/01/21 11:28 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by kellisag
Just saw a post on Facebook with a few guys saying they are done and won’t be running next year? Anyone else hearing this? I enjoyed following them, seemed like they filled a niche.

What angler with ties to the NPFL said this on Facebook?

Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14177632 11/01/21 12:29 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
website is showing their classic Nov. 11-13th on Nickajack...launch and weigh ins will be at city front park and hosted by city of Chattanooga....(Nickajack is lake right below Chickamauga on Tenn. river)...

Last edited by beartrap; 11/01/21 12:34 PM.
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14177786 11/01/21 02:18 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
They just named like 20 new guys. Some big names too

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: grout-scout] #14177836 11/01/21 02:57 PM
N
Neches Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Probably Rob Terkla, he started whining after he got his googan butt kicked every tournament. He definitely proved you tubers are not tournament fisherman

Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: Neches] #14177932 11/01/21 04:08 PM
L
LunkersTV Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Originally Posted by Neches

Probably Rob Terkla, he started whining after he got his googan butt kicked every tournament. He definitely proved you tubers are not tournament fisherman

I mean I cashed a couple checks from this year while fishing those tournaments so I don't think its too bad for giving it a go. I also used the profits from those few events to buy a kid with terminal cancer a boat. But you are right I didn't do very well in a few events but it happens. No need to hate on Googan just because you may not understand social media and or just business in general. I know it sucks to see it in every store when you walk in and I don't believe that is going to change anytime soon. Sure youtubers may not be the best at tournament fishing but at least they can all say they enjoy their job. Making money while they fish which is better than working a job you hate that is 9-5. Oh and I don't use Facebook so it for sure isn't me saying anything about that league. Hope you have a great day

Last edited by LunkersTV; 11/01/21 04:09 PM.
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: Neches] #14177960 11/01/21 04:31 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop

I dont think he did that bad. I watched a couple and I think he cashed checks in them.
Im kinda shocked if it doesnt return. I had several buddies fishing it. Seemed like a pretty good trail. And they all seemed to like it.

Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: Sinkey] #14177967 11/01/21 04:34 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Sinkey

I dont think he did that bad. I watched a couple and I think he cashed checks in them.
Im kinda shocked if it doesnt return. I had several buddies fishing it. Seemed like a pretty good trail. And they all seemed to like it.

I think some people who have sat in a chair in an office somewhere doing what others dictate they have to do for most of their lives hate on people who make bank doing things they want to do.

It's funny though that "lunkers tv" posted a rebuttal and basically called him out. roflmao

#MFGA
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: LunkersTV] #14177976 11/01/21 04:38 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by LunkersTV

I mean I cashed a couple checks from this year while fishing those tournaments so I don't think its too bad for giving it a go. I also used the profits from those few events to buy a kid with terminal cancer a boat. But you are right I didn't do very well in a few events but it happens. No need to hate on Googan just because you may not understand social media and or just business in general. I know it sucks to see it in every store when you walk in and I don't believe that is going to change anytime soon. Sure youtubers may not be the best at tournament fishing but at least they can all say they enjoy their job. Making money while they fish which is better than working a job you hate that is 9-5. Oh and I don't use Facebook so it for sure isn't me saying anything about that league. Hope you have a great day

As one of their anglers do you have any beans to spill or no idea if NPFL is coming back next year or if the championship is postponed??? Shame it goes away, the feeling I got from social media was those of us that actually follow or watch LIVE were preferring NPFL over BPT overall last year.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 11/01/21 04:40 PM.
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: kellisag] #14178019 11/01/21 05:01 PM
L
LunkersTV Offline
Angler
Angler
L
I have heard a lot of things but I also have come to realize the tournament side of the industry loves drama so I tend to just wait and see how things play out. It's also not a good look for a person like myself to spill any beans about the companies business because well it isn't my company. I was nothing more than one of the 100 plus guys that went around trying to find bass at those events and did it a lot worse than some did apparently.

Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: LunkersTV] #14178067 11/01/21 05:39 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
... I mean I cashed a couple checks from this year while fishing those tournaments so I don't think its too bad for giving it a go. I also used the profits from those few events to buy a kid with terminal cancer a boat. But you are right I didn't do very well in a few events but it happens. No need to hate on Googan just because you may not understand social media and or just business in general. I know it sucks to see it in every store when you walk in and I don't believe that is going to change anytime soon. Sure youtubers may not be the best at tournament fishing but at least they can all say they enjoy their job. Making money while they fish which is better than working a job you hate that is 9-5. Oh and I don't use Facebook so it for sure isn't me saying anything about that league. Hope you have a great day

Damn man!!!.... Dan roflmao

bow_down

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: NPFL one and done? [Re: LunkersTV] #14178212 11/01/21 07:11 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C

This dude (lunkers) makes a pile of money and does what most of us would do (fish open tournaments for fun) and is getting hated on for it! What has this world turned into!?

Good reply. Great work building a personal brand and a fishing brand that will probably outlive you. I respect the hustle. Forget the haters…

Last edited by criglizard; 11/01/21 07:12 PM.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide