Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! #14143972 09/28/21 03:39 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I contacted MulTbar about a month ago and inquired about a quick removable and quick adjustable MulTbar. Didn’t want to use tools to remove or adjust the bars. He said that there wasn’t such a thing but that he had been designing one in his head. After I went back and forth with Colton the builder on what I wanted and why, he said he was excited to start designing the first one. About a week ago he called and said he was 40 hrs into the build and it was kicking his ace and that he was unhappy with the product and starting over from scratch with a new design. I told him I understand completely since it’s never been done and I was very appreciative of his hard work and wanting to build it to his standards. He called back yesterday and told me he had finished the new design and that it was going to change the game! It’s going into paint today and shipping in the next few days! This is a prototype which is all hand made so I’m going to test it for the next month and a half until they get a machine that will help mass produce them. Once the machine gets to their shop I will be sending the prototype back and they will replace it with the machined version that is meant for mass production. Excited to be the tester and the first guy in the country with this new MulTbar. Colton was a great guy to work with and really listened to what I was wanting to do. Wanted to share this with my TFF bros and let y’all know how great it was working with him!! Now I just need my boat back so I can slap em on and get back to catching fish!! Will let y’all know how they do when I get em!

Here is the quick adjust mechanism for the new MulTbar…
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14144009 09/28/21 04:00 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Most people done understand the tooling/time that goes into these type things. Especially if he is doing it by hand on the mill and press. Looks good, and cant wait to see it mounted.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14144082 09/28/21 04:59 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Interesting, I would like to see this thing all mounted and ready.

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: TCK73] #14144096 09/28/21 05:14 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
When I get it in hand I will video the install and the function for you guys and post it to my YouTube channel. Boat finally went into shop for lower unit repair this morning so it will be a few weeks. When its repaired I will have some new toys to play with as I ordered 2 of the new Mad Kat rods that the big cat guys back East have been talking up as well as the prototype MulTbars with Smackdown rod holders and also a MulTbar bait table mount all in slime green. I’m itchin for a fight and this is the longest I’ve been without a boat in 25 yrs. Hope I can remember how to catch some fish!

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14144328 09/28/21 08:30 PM
T
TRH (formerly xpress00) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Told ya he was a good dude. Those smackdowns are nice as well.

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: TRH (formerly xpress00)] #14144358 09/28/21 08:52 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)

Man you weren’t kidding Trent! Glad I got buddies like you that give me good advice when I need it! Really appreciate it amigo! I’m up at the boat mechanic right now and we can’t find a used lower unit worth a flip online so I’m about to throw down on a brand new one…feel’n the pain of spending 4K but will have the boat back in a week. bang

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14144381 09/28/21 09:28 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Ouch! Man they are proud of them aren't they. At that price they should point a gun at you!

slinger

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14144433 09/28/21 10:29 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
No joke Tim! I bought the lower unit off boats.net for $3600 and the mechanic is slapping it on and adding fluid for $280. We found a handful of used lower units that looked pretty banged up and I would rather get a new one to be safe.

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14144584 09/29/21 12:43 AM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A lot of $$$ but I am sure that will pay dividends.

The Honda units have a fabulous reputation AND a high price to match for a reason!

It's only money, and you can't take it with you! (runs and hides....)

bolt

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14144770 09/29/21 04:36 AM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I don’t like it but It is what it is and it has to be fixed! I will be back just in time for big fish season and keep on doing what I love to do and making those memories.

Re: New Prototype MulTbar is finally built! [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14145169 09/29/21 05:10 PM
T
TRH (formerly xpress00) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀
Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)

Man you weren’t kidding Trent! Glad I got buddies like you that give me good advice when I need it! Really appreciate it amigo! I’m up at the boat mechanic right now and we can’t find a used lower unit worth a flip online so I’m about to throw down on a brand new one…feel’n the pain of spending 4K but will have the boat back in a week. bang

Lower units are no joke. I had to replace 2 on a previous boat, then got rid of it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide