Forums59
Topics1,046,757
Posts14,095,139
Members144,375
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14144748 09/29/21 03:29 AM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Watching the news and the commercial came on here! Pretty cool! Paul Elias and Shaw Gribsby are fishing it! Pretty cool. That said I hope as much as I crappie fish I don’t get beat by a ditch pickle guy! roflmao

Here was a cool pic from yesterday. Video you can see him better but looked to be 10’ on livescope! Heard it bellow a couple times and swim out the hyacinths and found it sitting on the bottom!
[Linked Image]

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: Slewfoot] #14144861 09/29/21 12:37 PM
C
cajuncountryman Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Cool..................Elias/Grigsby gonna show those " crappie pro's" how to do it!!!

Should be fun & interesting to see how they come out.

See ya there!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14144886 09/29/21 12:53 PM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by cajuncountryman
Cool..................Elias/Grigsby gonna show those " crappie pro's" how to do it!!!

Should be fun & interesting to see how they come out.

See ya there!

We said the other day they’re the only real pros fishing it! Wally Marshall is the only pro crappie fisherman I know of! Kevin Rogers says he’s not a pro and he has rods and baits with his name on em! He builds hospitals! Every “crappie pro” I know of besides Wally has a job! Works or guides or is retired! Man I would love to see crappie fishing get to where bass fishing is! This is our super bowl and this is just another weekend tourney for Paul and Shaw! Hope I get to meet them and shake their hands this weekend! More folks we can get crappie fishing better it will get! Thanks to Wally for working to get us there!!

Slew thumb

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14146056 09/30/21 01:18 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
I'd just as soon crappie fishing stay as is. I don't care to see every lake looking like Pines in Jan with 300 boats on lower third of the lake fishing for crappie. And get to the ramp and be 15th in line to launch and no parking left. Until more lakes are built, fishing is going to get more crowded every year from the population increase in TX.
When I lived in Sugarland in early 80s, finally sold the bay boat cause I got tired of the above at ramps and then anytime you caught a fish, there would be 10 boats head to the spot you were on and people cast right over your line. All the fun and relaxation ceased for me.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14146476 09/30/21 08:12 PM
L
LowBudget Fishin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
I’m with you Ken, the less people on the water, the more relaxing fishing is for me. Wally is in it for the money, which I don’t blame him. But for the majority of us, it’s how we relax.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14146645 09/30/21 11:02 PM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Sitting in 3rd after day one! Gotta keep on em for 2 more days!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: Ken Gaby] #14146681 09/30/21 11:24 PM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
I'd just as soon crappie fishing stay as is. I don't care to see every lake looking like Pines in Jan with 300 boats on lower third of the lake fishing for crappie. And get to the ramp and be 15th in line to launch and no parking left. Until more lakes are built, fishing is going to get more crowded every year from the population increase in TX.
When I lived in Sugarland in early 80s, finally sold the bay boat cause I got tired of the above at ramps and then anytime you caught a fish, there would be 10 boats head to the spot you were on and people cast right over your line. All the fun and relaxation ceased for me.

100% agree with this. Unpopular opinion with a lot of folks but it’s true. I’m probably going to catch grief for saying this but I’m going to throw it out there. Generally when people want more people to get involved with something it’s because there are benefits monetarily or otherwise for that person tied to the increase in interest. Just like promoting a business or service.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: Slewfoot] #14146817 10/01/21 01:07 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Go get em Slewfoot! I’m rooting for you…won’t be able to attend, as I’m gonna be fishing in another country. WhatsApp me!

Yea Cole, I agree…seems you are getting a bit blunt with your age, though. No worries mate, I happen to agree, Ole Shaw is looking to help the Wallee man, and the company behind them… on some crappie advertising, but hey don’t sweat it…we don’t want to kick their arses and take their money, fame, or fortune…we got enough of our own already! Basically, they got a job to do, so let them do it…meanwhile some of the small guys benefit from the big money corps! Go slabbed silly, those are some nice looking ties, reminds me of Jiggum Jigs!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14147764 10/01/21 09:46 PM
B
BornFisherman74 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Considering going to this Expo for the first time tomorrow. It's a 3 hour drive from where I am in North Dallas. I don't have a boat, mainly fish for Crappie from a bank or dock. Is this Expo geared more to folks that have boats, technology, etc. that comes along with finding fish out on the lake? I imagine lures, poles, etc. for sale that I could add to my tackle box, but not sure that it will be worth the drive. The fish fry alone, is nearly worth it to me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: BornFisherman74] #14147782 10/01/21 10:08 PM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by BornFisherman74
Considering going to this Expo for the first time tomorrow. It's a 3 hour drive from where I am in North Dallas. I don't have a boat, mainly fish for Crappie from a bank or dock. Is this Expo geared more to folks that have boats, technology, etc. that comes along with finding fish out on the lake? I imagine lures, poles, etc. for sale that I could add to my tackle box, but not sure that it will be worth the drive. The fish fry alone, is nearly worth it to me. Thanks in advance.

The Crappie Expo is awesome!! Plus it will never be closer to you than now. It’s geared towards crappie fishing! They have all kinds of cool stuff plus a free fish fry! I think you would enjoy it myself. Wally works hot tail off for this expo all year long! So awesome to see crappie fishing grow! I would love to see tournament crappie fishing be like bass fishing in my lifetime! How cool would it be to just be a tournament crappie fisherman for a career! That would be awesome!!
Slew thumb

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14147868 10/02/21 12:18 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
My hats off to Wally for having the vision and dedication to put the Crappie Expo together and make it happen. And for having a great tournament. The amount of work this takes is unbelievable.

Last edited by Ken Gaby; 10/02/21 12:20 AM.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: Ken Gaby] #14147876 10/02/21 12:28 AM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
My hats off to Wally for having the vision and dedication to put the Crappie Expo together and make it happen. And for having a great tournament. The amount of work this takes is unbelievable.

Absolutely!! He works his butt off for this expo! It’s awesome! He gets calls day and night 7 days a week about the expo! I guess folks that think he’s just in it for the money work for free! Of course it’s about the $$$. That’s how folks put food on the table. Competitive crappie fishing can’t grow fast enough for me! I love it!!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14147926 10/02/21 01:24 AM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Got to meet him today......

[Linked Image]

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: cajuncountryman] #14148067 10/02/21 11:24 AM
David Welcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Staying at Boomtown which is kind of old and a little far away from the convention and the Wife is killin the Slot Machines, she’s already paid for everything and she’s still up $350

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #14148117 10/02/21 01:06 PM
B
Barbers Tree Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Booth 138, come by and say hello. We will be sporting swag, the Poleducer, and the GyLL Lithium Battery as well as talking about electronics and Live Sonar...

We will be buy for sure

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide