Texas Fishing Forum

Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River

Posted By: cajuncountryman

Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/17/21 01:38 PM

Mr. Crappie Expo on Red River in Shreveport fast approaching.

Curious how many will attend and/or fish event & attend expo.

Good luck all!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/17/21 01:40 PM

I'll be at the Expo
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/17/21 03:46 PM

Well be there and fishing the tourney again as well! Have fished every expo so far! Wally puts on a great show every year. Makes you feel like a rock star! Thanks to everybody that’s helps us along the way!!

Slew thumb
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/21/21 09:13 PM

Are the crappie as hard to find as the bass are there?
Posted By: Laner

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/22/21 02:53 AM

I’m going to have a booth there, and would love to talk fall fishing with any TFFer who shows up. This is going to be a lot of fun!
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/22/21 09:04 PM

I'll be there with a booth as well....as it was arranged, Lane and I should be side by side and we both love to talk fishing 😃.

Unfortunately, my family has had a few members dealing with Covid (including my mom, but she's pretty much 100% now)....SO, I wasn't able to tie very many jigs at all to take with me as I've had to focus on getting everyone better.
I will have some samples, jig kits, and other surprises there so potential customers can at least see our products in person and in hand. I'm not the cheapest jig maker, so I understand the importance of being able to see what you are buying BEFORE you commit to a purchase. Please stop by and say HI if you make it. I'll have hats, decals, a few hoodies, and some jigs. It should be a great time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wylie Jeff

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/22/21 10:01 PM

Man, those are some good looking jigs!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/22/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wylie Jeff
Man, those are some good looking jigs!

Thank you 👍👍

Chris
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/23/21 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SlabbedSilly
I'll be there with a booth as well....as it was arranged, Lane and I should be side by side and we both love to talk fishing 😃.

Unfortunately, my family has had a few members dealing with Covid (including my mom, but she's pretty much 100% now)....SO, I wasn't able to tie very many jigs at all to take with me as I've had to focus on getting everyone better.
I will have some samples, jig kits, and other surprises there so potential customers can at least see our products in person and in hand. I'm not the cheapest jig maker, so I understand the importance of being able to see what you are buying BEFORE you commit to a purchase. Please stop by and say HI if you make it. I'll have hats, decals, a few hoodies, and some jigs. It should be a great time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I need 2 of those hats before they are gone! I can cash app you the money! I couldn't figure out how to buy them online.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/23/21 06:56 PM

I need 2 of those hats before they are gone! I can cash app you the money! I couldn't figure out how to buy them online.
[/quote]

PM sent!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/25/21 11:58 AM

Great looking jigs & hats......................& I'm more of a bass fisherman. Ha

Hope to get a hat at your booth.

Good luck all!
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/25/21 12:08 PM

Great looking jigs!

The Red is looking the Best it has in years. Water has been at a normal steady level and is clear. With the cooler temps Y'all should really catch em!
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/26/21 04:38 PM

I am going on the first. Was going to be there the entire time, but I just do not have the strength yet to do it. Hope to see you all on the 1st.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/27/21 11:21 PM

Booth 138, come by and say hello. We will be sporting swag, the Poleducer, and the GyLL Lithium Battery as well as talking about electronics and Live Sonar...

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/28/21 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Booth 138, come by and say hello. We will be sporting swag, the Poleducer, and the GyLL Lithium Battery as well as talking about electronics and Live Sonar...

Awesome! Hopefully see you Sunday!! thumb

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/29/21 03:29 AM

Watching the news and the commercial came on here! Pretty cool! Paul Elias and Shaw Gribsby are fishing it! Pretty cool. That said I hope as much as I crappie fish I don’t get beat by a ditch pickle guy! roflmao

Here was a cool pic from yesterday. Video you can see him better but looked to be 10’ on livescope! Heard it bellow a couple times and swim out the hyacinths and found it sitting on the bottom!
[Linked Image]

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/29/21 12:37 PM

Cool..................Elias/Grigsby gonna show those " crappie pro's" how to do it!!!

Should be fun & interesting to see how they come out.

See ya there!

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/29/21 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by cajuncountryman
Cool..................Elias/Grigsby gonna show those " crappie pro's" how to do it!!!

Should be fun & interesting to see how they come out.

See ya there!

We said the other day they’re the only real pros fishing it! Wally Marshall is the only pro crappie fisherman I know of! Kevin Rogers says he’s not a pro and he has rods and baits with his name on em! He builds hospitals! Every “crappie pro” I know of besides Wally has a job! Works or guides or is retired! Man I would love to see crappie fishing get to where bass fishing is! This is our super bowl and this is just another weekend tourney for Paul and Shaw! Hope I get to meet them and shake their hands this weekend! More folks we can get crappie fishing better it will get! Thanks to Wally for working to get us there!!

Slew thumb
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/30/21 01:18 PM

I'd just as soon crappie fishing stay as is. I don't care to see every lake looking like Pines in Jan with 300 boats on lower third of the lake fishing for crappie. And get to the ramp and be 15th in line to launch and no parking left. Until more lakes are built, fishing is going to get more crowded every year from the population increase in TX.
When I lived in Sugarland in early 80s, finally sold the bay boat cause I got tired of the above at ramps and then anytime you caught a fish, there would be 10 boats head to the spot you were on and people cast right over your line. All the fun and relaxation ceased for me.
Posted By: LowBudget Fishin

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/30/21 08:12 PM

I’m with you Ken, the less people on the water, the more relaxing fishing is for me. Wally is in it for the money, which I don’t blame him. But for the majority of us, it’s how we relax.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/30/21 11:02 PM

Sitting in 3rd after day one! Gotta keep on em for 2 more days!
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 09/30/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
I'd just as soon crappie fishing stay as is. I don't care to see every lake looking like Pines in Jan with 300 boats on lower third of the lake fishing for crappie. And get to the ramp and be 15th in line to launch and no parking left. Until more lakes are built, fishing is going to get more crowded every year from the population increase in TX.
When I lived in Sugarland in early 80s, finally sold the bay boat cause I got tired of the above at ramps and then anytime you caught a fish, there would be 10 boats head to the spot you were on and people cast right over your line. All the fun and relaxation ceased for me.

100% agree with this. Unpopular opinion with a lot of folks but it’s true. I’m probably going to catch grief for saying this but I’m going to throw it out there. Generally when people want more people to get involved with something it’s because there are benefits monetarily or otherwise for that person tied to the increase in interest. Just like promoting a business or service.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/01/21 01:07 AM

Go get em Slewfoot! I’m rooting for you…won’t be able to attend, as I’m gonna be fishing in another country. WhatsApp me!

Yea Cole, I agree…seems you are getting a bit blunt with your age, though. No worries mate, I happen to agree, Ole Shaw is looking to help the Wallee man, and the company behind them… on some crappie advertising, but hey don’t sweat it…we don’t want to kick their arses and take their money, fame, or fortune…we got enough of our own already! Basically, they got a job to do, so let them do it…meanwhile some of the small guys benefit from the big money corps! Go slabbed silly, those are some nice looking ties, reminds me of Jiggum Jigs!
Posted By: BornFisherman74

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/01/21 09:46 PM

Considering going to this Expo for the first time tomorrow. It's a 3 hour drive from where I am in North Dallas. I don't have a boat, mainly fish for Crappie from a bank or dock. Is this Expo geared more to folks that have boats, technology, etc. that comes along with finding fish out on the lake? I imagine lures, poles, etc. for sale that I could add to my tackle box, but not sure that it will be worth the drive. The fish fry alone, is nearly worth it to me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/01/21 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by BornFisherman74
Considering going to this Expo for the first time tomorrow. It's a 3 hour drive from where I am in North Dallas. I don't have a boat, mainly fish for Crappie from a bank or dock. Is this Expo geared more to folks that have boats, technology, etc. that comes along with finding fish out on the lake? I imagine lures, poles, etc. for sale that I could add to my tackle box, but not sure that it will be worth the drive. The fish fry alone, is nearly worth it to me. Thanks in advance.

The Crappie Expo is awesome!! Plus it will never be closer to you than now. It’s geared towards crappie fishing! They have all kinds of cool stuff plus a free fish fry! I think you would enjoy it myself. Wally works hot tail off for this expo all year long! So awesome to see crappie fishing grow! I would love to see tournament crappie fishing be like bass fishing in my lifetime! How cool would it be to just be a tournament crappie fisherman for a career! That would be awesome!!
Slew thumb
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/02/21 12:18 AM

My hats off to Wally for having the vision and dedication to put the Crappie Expo together and make it happen. And for having a great tournament. The amount of work this takes is unbelievable.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/02/21 12:28 AM

My hats off to Wally for having the vision and dedication to put the Crappie Expo together and make it happen. And for having a great tournament. The amount of work this takes is unbelievable.

Absolutely!! He works his butt off for this expo! It’s awesome! He gets calls day and night 7 days a week about the expo! I guess folks that think he’s just in it for the money work for free! Of course it’s about the $$$. That’s how folks put food on the table. Competitive crappie fishing can’t grow fast enough for me! I love it!!
Posted By: SK.

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/02/21 01:24 AM

Got to meet him today......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/02/21 11:24 AM

Staying at Boomtown which is kind of old and a little far away from the convention and the Wife is killin the Slot Machines, she’s already paid for everything and she’s still up $350
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/02/21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

We will be buy for sure

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/03/21 10:51 AM

Glad this ones over! I’m wiped out from fishing 10 days straight. Finished 11th. Not where we wanted to be but super happy to make it to the final day. Some amazing crappie Anglers didn’t get that far so we are super blessed! Crappie Anglers of Texas had 6 teams in the top 25. I would put our club up against anybody in the country. If you want to be a better crappie Angler there’s no better way than tournament fishing!

Headed to the expo today. Excited about it!!

Slew thumb
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/03/21 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Glad this ones over! I’m wiped out from fishing 10 days straight. Finished 11th. Not where we wanted to be but super happy to make it to the final day. Some amazing crappie Anglers didn’t get that far so we are super blessed! Crappie Anglers of Texas had 6 teams in the top 25. I would put our club up against anybody in the country. If you want to be a better crappie Angler there’s no better way than tournament fishing!

Headed to the expo today. Excited about it!!

Slew thumb

Great job guys!!! Good to see all the CAT guys on stage!!!! Proud of the bunch!!!!!
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/03/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
Got to meet him today......

[Linked Image]

Hey SK. . . . I’m sure you could have given him a couple of pointers. He probly watches your videos every time they come out cheers

Re: Mr Crappie Expo & Tournament- Red River - 10/06/21 11:54 AM

Branson next year. Back to table rock! Waiting to hear dates so we can book our condo again. Branson was fun! Hopefully it won’t be 30 degrees and raining every day this time but it is tournament fishing! I’ve come to expect the worst anymore! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum