L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by rkd
M Delgado was a wack job for sure

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14036694 06/18/21 10:29 PM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by rkd

Seen this before but it is brilliant.

It's only a good cast if you catch a fish...
Personal Best: 11.62 lbs
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: Tiltman] #14036716 06/18/21 10:45 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by bockscar

Question....and just asking, dont tear my head off cuz I know these guys who might be inferred are hammers....do you ever find it suspicious when a local completely dominates on his home lake in a bigger/national tournament?

No, what I find suspicious are local "hammers" that bring in insane bags of fish at the toughest time of year and that can't seem compete regionally or nationally.

anytime I see a giant tourney bag I wonder a bit. But...i think locals plant their own secret brush too. I feel its an unfair advantage from an outsiders perspective, but I dont think its cheating. But...you also hear rumors about baiting those brush piles too...so I dont know, slippery slope. Agree about the consistency though....you dont have to win every tourney, but even if you look at all the opens last year....the good guys seem to float around the top. so its a bit sketchy in those situations you mentioned.

theres always cheaters when money is involved

Not at all tearing your head off but I gotta say you have a bit of an unhealthy view of competitive fishing.

I have lived in Wylie since 1999 , I have fished both Lavon and Ray Hubb mostly for all those years , recently on Lavon there has been some awesome bags weighed in on weekly tournaments 8-10 lbs more that what I used to consider a pretty darn good bag in the past.

I can’t even tell you any names of the current group of competitors but I can tell you the thought that they are cheating is no where in my head.

Also I can add that there are “good” fishermen which most of us on here are and then there are “great” fishermen that are simply on a different level talent-wise which seems to come naturally when you fish with one of them.

Guys like TC , ML,or RR were probably in the “good” but couldn’t stand not being in the “great” so they squared away in their head what scum bags they were/are and somehow in their mind elevated themselves to “great”

Yea, I do have that cynical bone in me...and it doesnt help when youve heard cheating stories from the lowest local weekly wildcats/night tourneys all the way to near the top (havent heard of BASS/MLF cheating yet).

Id disagree about these guys being good though, because from what ive read when Mike Long stop fishing solo or had someone with him....hed skunk and when he wouldnt he wouldnt contribute to a big bag and would catch small stuff. That article the guy linked mentioned a guy skunking on falcon and that being hard to do at that time. then you hear about this guy skunking too when hes being watched.

Id think these guys might be good for casual fishermen, like the types that only fish once or twice a month....but when it comes to hardcore guys like us that are just straight bass heads, theyd probably suck compared to most of us...like the types that like bass fishing enough to join a forum to post about it and of course tourney guy types. I might be wrong....but if you consistently cant catch something when eyes are around.....id say they suck.

Im sure 99.9% of the field is legit....i always wonder about that .1 that ruins it for the bunch...cuz they are out there.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: HDVS] #14036758 06/18/21 11:32 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by HDVS
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by HDVS

Yes I did! Had to walk away to raise my kids bc my ex went off the deep end. Back to fishing now and doing pretty well. Just not full time anymore for now. That's why I don't like throwing names around on a public form. Other than a Cheater! lol.

BV?

What's BV? But not my initials

Bill Vandamn. Kevins little known brother.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: rkd] #14036900 06/19/21 02:43 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by rkd

Apparently it’s not Byron and Mary wasn’t the one that he would be referring too anyways, her name was Melinda. Byron was on BTL a few months back and did a great job with their interview. Said he had an online tackle shop setup in eBay, but I can’t remember the name of it. Had some really good stuff for sale.

If anyone of you guys remember what his account was called (I think it was on eBay), can you post it please?

Last edited by grout-scout; 06/19/21 02:49 AM.
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: grout-scout] #14036928 06/19/21 03:59 AM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by rkd

Apparently it’s not Byron and Mary wasn’t the one that he would be referring too anyways, her name was Melinda. Byron was on BTL a few months back and did a great job with their interview. Said he had an online tackle shop setup in eBay, but I can’t remember the name of it. Had some really good stuff for sale.

If anyone of you guys remember what his account was called (I think it was on eBay), can you post it please?

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14116079 09/01/21 04:10 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
This is interesting, I will listen to that podcast for sure if they do it https://youtu.be/xxC0XmheFgk?t=3870

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: bockscar] #14116224 09/01/21 05:59 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R

anytime I see a giant tourney bag I wonder a bit. But...i think locals plant their own secret brush too. I feel its an unfair advantage from an outsiders perspective, but I dont think its cheating. But...you also hear rumors about baiting those brush piles too...so I dont know, slippery slope. Agree about the consistency though....you dont have to win every tourney, but even if you look at all the opens last year....the good guys seem to float around the top. so its a bit sketchy in those situations you mentioned.

I'm not a local hammer, but last September I found one spot where I caught two five pounders prefishing for two tournaments, one a circuit and one my bass club tournament the next week. I refused to go back there in the next two weeks of prefishing because I didn't want anyone to see me catch a fish. We had a fairly big three fish bag in the team tournament, then the next Saturday I caught almost 24 pounds (five fish) in about 30 minutes. The funny thing is I had to wait two hours for a guy from Louisana to move off the spot so I could move in. I didn't see him catch anything. I caught a 7.63 on my first cast. Second place that day was 6 pounds. Another guy in my club saw me catch them from another boat, plus I had someone fishing with me. He zeroed. I had exactly the right bait and threw to exactly the right spot, plus I knew they were there so I fished with confidence.

It happens.

I don't know anything at all about what happened with Tony Christian so I won't offer an opinion on him.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: Razorback] #14116240 09/01/21 06:08 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Razorback

I'm not a local hammer, but last September I found one spot where I caught two five pounders prefishing for two tournaments, one a circuit and one my bass club tournament the next week. I refused to go back there in the next two weeks of prefishing because I didn't want anyone to see me catch a fish. We had a fairly big three fish bag in the team tournament, then the next Saturday I caught almost 24 pounds (five fish) in about 30 minutes. The funny thing is I had to wait two hours for a guy from Louisana to move off the spot so I could move in. I didn't see him catch anything. I caught a 7.63 on my first cast. Second place that day was 6 pounds. Another guy in my club saw me catch them from another boat, plus I had someone fishing with me. He zeroed. I had exactly the right bait and threw to exactly the right spot, plus I knew they were there so I fished with confidence.

It happens.

I don't know anything at all about what happened with Tony Christian so I won't offer an opinion on him.

What was the magic bait?

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: Brent S] #14116338 09/01/21 07:30 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Brent S
Originally Posted by Razorback

It happens.

What was the magic bait?

An exposed hook. roflmao
Just kidding before anyone tears my head off.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14116463 09/01/21 09:12 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by SC-001
This is interesting, I will listen to that podcast for sure if they do it https://youtu.be/xxC0XmheFgk?t=3870

Very interesting.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: bloo_rainger] #14116510 09/01/21 09:44 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Now I know why I’ve never won a tournament

roflmao

Striving to reach that "good" level!

I don't know about the cheating angler but I do know a sleazy tournament promoter who ran trails in Texas, promised the winner of the championship a new truck, and then would either not have the championship or left with the truck before the tournament was over never to be seen again. You guys in Texas know exactly who I mean.

What really bums me out is all you guys that win these tournaments don't even bother to send me a christmas card or thank you card for all the "donations" i have made over the years!

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: Tiltman] #14117511 09/02/21 06:49 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tiltman

Question....and just asking, dont tear my head off cuz I know these guys who might be inferred are hammers....do you ever find it suspicious when a local completely dominates on his home lake in a bigger/national tournament?

No, what I find suspicious are local "hammers" that bring in insane bags of fish at the toughest time of year and that can't seem compete regionally or nationally.

Not at all tearing your head off but I gotta say you have a bit of an unhealthy view of competitive fishing.

I have lived in Wylie since 1999 , I have fished both Lavon and Ray Hubb mostly for all those years , recently on Lavon there has been some awesome bags weighed in on weekly tournaments 8-10 lbs more that what I used to consider a pretty darn good bag in the past.

I can’t even tell you any names of the current group of competitors but I can tell you the thought that they are cheating is no where in my head.

Also I can add that there are “good” fishermen which most of us on here are and then there are “great” fishermen that are simply on a different level talent-wise which seems to come naturally when you fish with one of them.

Guys like TC , ML,or RR were probably in the “good” but couldn’t stand not being in the “great” so they squared away in their head what scum bags they were/are and somehow in their mind elevated themselves to “great”

Always felt the same way about these guys. And I give up a lot of $$$ on Lavon to those guys catching those big bags. hammer

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14117720 09/02/21 09:25 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I had two biggens in my sack and still never cashed a check....

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14118132 09/03/21 11:14 AM
Diezel_Rocker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Mike Long was never good. Talk to people that know the guy or read a ton of articles on this scum bag- he could barely cast a damn bait caster. It doesn't take a lot of skill to foul hook a big female using a 2/0 weighted treble hook.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide