Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14113980 08/30/21 08:56 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Per bassfan one of the MLF founders in next to last in 2021 AOY right now. BPT aren't cutting anyone, what a bunch of schmucks.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14114049 08/30/21 09:39 PM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I wish we had an insider to give us information but they arent on the forum anymore...

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14114104 08/30/21 10:19 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
From the way this appears on the surface surely the TW Pro Circuit guys were told this is how the qualifying process would go prior to the start of the season.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14114442 08/31/21 02:29 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I would love to hear Ebare, Hays, Shuffields etc. take on this say on Dunkins podcast roflmao They might get in anyway if some current BPT anglers leave anyway but from the outside looking in it looks like the got shafted from the qualy criteria that was put out when MLF and FLW merged 2 years ago.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14114515 08/31/21 05:43 AM
B
Burgerboy Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I doubt any current guys leave unless they just flat out retire. I am not shocked at all that MLF moved the goaline again. Show me when they have not been shady ? They came out and said after year three 10 were gone. Now they have their guys fishing their minor league, when in the org. press release it said that the TWPC would be to help establish the guys to get them ready to step up. Think about how good you would have to be to voluntarily leave unless it was retirement ? The only other game in town is even harder to qualify for. Now are there BPT guys that would like to leave ? I am sure more than you realize, but they are handcuffed because the BASS Open series is absolutely so tough. You cant give me this , five left [censored], because the reality is I bet after the two seasons they did fish, none were numbers 71-80, they were all stars. Speaking of them being stars, that gives you some pretty serious insight into the situation when only stars are leaving. The reality is this, they will not cut 10, because they are shady. Another reality is the BPT guys should not be allowed to fish the TWPC, it is a qualifying league. Now if you want them fishing lower level that is fine, to each his own. Let's all be honest, they are just shady when it comes right down to it.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Burgerboy] #14114540 08/31/21 10:29 AM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
"they are shady" is being way too nice

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Burgerboy] #14114817 08/31/21 02:57 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Burgerboy
I doubt any current guys leave unless they just flat out retire. I am not shocked at all that MLF moved the goaline again. Show me when they have not been shady ? They came out and said after year three 10 were gone. Now they have their guys fishing their minor league, when in the org. press release it said that the TWPC would be to help establish the guys to get them ready to step up. Think about how good you would have to be to voluntarily leave unless it was retirement ? The only other game in town is even harder to qualify for. Now are there BPT guys that would like to leave ? I am sure more than you realize, but they are handcuffed because the BASS Open series is absolutely so tough. You cant give me this , five left [censored], because the reality is I bet after the two seasons they did fish, none were numbers 71-80, they were all stars. Speaking of them being stars, that gives you some pretty serious insight into the situation when only stars are leaving. The reality is this, they will not cut 10, because they are shady. Another reality is the BPT guys should not be allowed to fish the TWPC, it is a qualifying league. Now if you want them fishing lower level that is fine, to each his own. Let's all be honest, they are just shady when it comes right down to it.

Meh I would be surprised if BASS doesn't offer a few or 3 legends expemptions every year to try and temp a few MLF anglers back slowly one by one. Maybe BPT knows they are likely to lose some more guys at the end of the year and that's why they only announced 5 TPWC anglers and not 10.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14114825 08/31/21 03:05 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
And yes they should be allowed to fish the qualifying league but I don't think they should be allowed to qualify from it if they are currently fishing the top series. BASS does the same thing with the opens, Pipkens got cut from the Elites two years in a row but used his Northern opens standing to get back into the Elites. I think Tour anglers should either not be allowed to gain points like MLF did last year in the super tournaments or you limit how many Opens or TWPC events a Tour angler can fish, Nascar now does this with Cup drivers wanting to run the lower Xfinity or Truck series, I think they can only run 5 races a year in either series.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14114847 08/31/21 03:17 PM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
And yes they should be allowed to fish the qualifying league but I don't think they should be allowed to qualify from it if they are currently fishing the top series. BASS does the same thing with the opens, Pipkens got cut from the Elites two years in a row but used his Northern opens standing to get back into the Elites. I think Tour anglers should either not be allowed to gain points like MLF did last year in the super tournaments or you limit how many Opens or TWPC events a Tour angler can fish, Nascar now does this with Cup drivers wanting to run the lower Xfinity or Truck series, I think they can only run 5 races a year in either series.

Looks like he only missed 2016 on the Elites and he won Northern Opens AOY to requalify. He won Northern Opens AOY in 2012 for his initial path into the Elites.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14114865 08/31/21 03:40 PM
B
Burgerboy Offline
Angler
Angler
B
You are totally missing the point. The TWPC is a qualifying league, an Open by definition is open. In the press release when they purchased FLW , they laid out things including that it was to prepare for the top level. What BPT is doing is allowing them to fish the minor leagues, plain and simple, and draw attention from up and comers that are trying to qualify for the BPT. This was all in their press release. I am critical of them because I expect their word to be good. It is apples and oranges to try to compare it to the Opens. For example how did the BPT guys qualify ? The TWPC guys had to qualify for the tour. MLF is using it because they botched their 2020 season, which should not be a surprise to anyone, with how many things they have gone back on their word with. Angler driven, nope, finally a professional league because we do not pay entries, nope, dropping 10 guys, nope, Redcrest will be in Tulsa, nope,Redcrest will be in Texas nope, we will have the worlds greatest expo, and yet three seasons in,the answer , you guessed it nope. If you are top level you should not be fishing the TWPC , simple as that, it is a feeder league.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Mark Perry] #14114881 08/31/21 03:49 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Looks like he only missed 2016 on the Elites and he won Northern Opens AOY to requalify. He won Northern Opens AOY in 2012 for his initial path into the Elites.

Yes your right, in 2015 he made the Classic through the Opens and not elite AOY standings, I was mixing that up Elite requalification like he did in 2016.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 08/31/21 03:49 PM.
Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Burgerboy] #14114885 08/31/21 03:52 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
You are totally missing the point. The TWPC is a qualifying league, an Open by definition is open. In the press release when they purchased FLW , they laid out things including that it was to prepare for the top level. What BPT is doing is allowing them to fish the minor leagues, plain and simple, and draw attention from up and comers that are trying to qualify for the BPT. This was all in their press release. I am critical of them because I expect their word to be good. It is apples and oranges to try to compare it to the Opens. For example how did the BPT guys qualify ? The TWPC guys had to qualify for the tour. MLF is using it because they botched their 2020 season, which should not be a surprise to anyone, with how many things they have gone back on their word with. Angler driven, nope, finally a professional league because we do not pay entries, nope, dropping 10 guys, nope, Redcrest will be in Tulsa, nope,Redcrest will be in Texas nope, we will have the worlds greatest expo, and yet three seasons in,the answer , you guessed it nope. If you are top level you should not be fishing the TWPC , simple as that, it is a feeder league.

Its really not an Open anymore, there is a waiting list for who they let in, Tour anglers who want to fish the Opens get priority over Joe Schmo

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 08/31/21 03:54 PM.
Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14114886 08/31/21 03:52 PM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Yes your right, in 2015 he made the Classic through the Opens and not elite AOY standings, I was mixing that up Elite requalification like he did in 2016.

Pretty impressive to win Northern Opens AOY 2 different years as well.

Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: Burgerboy] #14114895 08/31/21 04:03 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

I see the Opens and the Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit as the same thing the level below the Tour for each respective league. Only difference is you have to qualify to fish TWPC, the Opens you technically don't but you kinda do because there is a priority checklist for limited spots.

Last edited by SC-001; 08/31/21 04:08 PM.
Re: TW Pro Circuit AOY standings [Re: SC-001] #14114913 08/31/21 04:12 PM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by SC-001

I see the Opens and the Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit as the same thing the level below the Tour for each respective league. Only difference is you have to qualify to fish TWPC, the Opens you technically don't but you kinda do because there is a priority list for limited spots.

With the Opens the anglers KNOW they will get an Elite berth if they finish in tbe Top 3-5 spots per division though. Plus they get a shot to make the Classic and now it appears the events get live airplay on CBS Sports. Those are some definite perks.

If MLF did not announce BPT qualifying criteria to the Pro Circuit guys prior to the season then they are risking passing off their customer base for those events.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide