R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Theroofingguy
Getting blood results can take several weeks. Also depends which lab they sent it to

It can take years I guess if you want it too, any lab that does occupational type testing has always turned them super quick for us. I suspect the results are back and there is feet dragging for whatever reason to release.

That's what I am thinking. Someone needs time to get their story straight.

There are people who know the results of the test. It's just not time for the rest of us to know, apparently.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113422 08/30/21 02:40 PM
J
Jim Ford Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Y’all do know that the DA can’t just release the blood result to the public, don’t you? And that it doesn’t go to just any lab for testing; the lab has to be certified and it more than likely went to the regional TXDPS lab. It won’t be an overnight result. The defendant had the right to have a doctor draw a blood specimen for testing on her dime; she would be able to make that result public if she wished. But unless something’s changed since I worked patrol, the DA is barred by law from releasing that information to the public.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: Jim Ford] #14113427 08/30/21 02:43 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Jim Ford
Y’all do know that the DA can’t just release the blood result to the public, don’t you? And that it doesn’t go to just any lab for testing; the lab has to be certified and it more than likely went to the regional TXDPS lab. It won’t be an overnight result. The defendant had the right to have a doctor draw a blood specimen for testing on her dime; she would be able to make that result public if she wished. But unless something’s changed since I worked patrol, the DA is barred by law from releasing that information to the public.

They release breathalyzer results all the time, what is the difference ????

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113445 08/30/21 02:59 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
West isn't a dummy. My guess is that he already knows the result of the blood test and that is why he is coming out so aggressively.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: Razorback] #14113449 08/30/21 03:01 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Razorback
West isn't a dummy. My guess is that he already knows the result of the blood test and that is why he is coming out so aggressively.

the problem is he's turning off a ton of people. he's lost all support over on the THF. here too. Not sure where I stand at the moment.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113451 08/30/21 03:03 PM
H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
My requirement(which means zip) for someone as governor is a native Texan not some sloub who moves around shopping for a post.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113462 08/30/21 03:10 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
https://texasscorecard.com/metrople...ests-wife-not-intoxicated-when-arrested/

It appears she had no alcohol in her system and the charges will be dropped. I still believe the arrest was done properly.
It still does not answer several questions about how she drove and how he reacted to the arrest.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: Allison1] #14113493 08/30/21 03:27 PM
F
Floon Swenson Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Allison1
https://texasscorecard.com/metrople...ests-wife-not-intoxicated-when-arrested/

It appears she had no alcohol in her system and the charges will be dropped. I still believe the arrest was done properly.
It still does not answer several questions about how she drove and how he reacted to the arrest.

That was a private EtG test that she sought out. It was given like 60+ hours after the arrest. They call those EtG screenings 80 hour tests. That is the absolute limit that they can pick up EtG. In reality, at 60 hours, she very conceivably could "pass" that test while still having consumed alcohol prior to her arrest. That's to say nothing about the fact that we have zero info on what the cutoff levels were on the EtG test she was given.

The blood test taken under warrant will be what's up.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: Razorback] #14113497 08/30/21 03:31 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H

If he knew the results of the blood test before he went ballistic, then he made an even more egregious mistake. His ranting and accusing manner has turned me off and I would imagine a lot of other people. He tried to make political hay out of this and instead, he has dug himself a hole that will be difficult to dig out.

“There’s no such thing as too much horsepower, just not enough traction”…..Carroll Shelby
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: WAWI] #14113498 08/30/21 03:32 PM
J
Jim Ford Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Jim Ford

They release breathalyzer results all the time, what is the difference ????

I believe it had to do with HIPAA, but I left patrol in 2006 and haven’t made any DWI arrests since. I’m going on memory here, so I’m not positive that it was HIPAA; but I do recall that blood tesults were kept private until trial.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: HasBen] #14113512 08/30/21 03:42 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by HasBen

If he knew the results of the blood test before he went ballistic, then he made an even more egregious mistake. His ranting and accusing manner has turned me off and I would imagine a lot of other people. He tried to make political hay out of this and instead, he has dug himself a hole that will be difficult to dig out.

I don't blame him. Police have to have a reason for arresting people, cuffing them, forcing them to leave their vehicles and children behind, and taking them to jail. There is no undoing what was done, but they can announce that the arrest was unwarranted and clear the detainee's name.

The dashcam video of the arrest was made public. I watched it on WFAA. If she is found to have been arrested and detained in error that information ought to be released to the public, too. A police officer arresting and detaining a person without evidence other than "I felt like she might be guilty" is BS. It happens every day in America, but I can't seem to find in the Constitution where it is allowed.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113514 08/30/21 03:43 PM
J
Jim Ford Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I tried to add to the post above that an Intoxilyzer test is not a medical procedure, but a blood draw is. This iPhone wouldn’t let it happen.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113542 08/30/21 04:01 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Assuming the blood test comes back negative a statement like this would have made all the difference

My wife was detained under suspicion of dui, while we know she hadn't been drinking and think the facts will bear that out in short order we appreciate that LEO had concerns at the time and chose to detain her under an abundance of caution, we appreciate that law enforcement is there to keep us safe and in doing so at times mistakes will be made.

Something along these lines would have been far better recieved by his base...... throw in a joke about senior moments , driving conditions, being confused regarding instructions etc and it's all gone in a month. He has gone a different way that I suspect his law and order base are not going to support.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113556 08/30/21 04:14 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
DWI squads are "hunting snakes" ..... so they have a singular focus looking for that predetermined offense. I never thought it was a good idea.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: WAWI] #14113618 08/30/21 05:01 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Assuming the blood test comes back negative a statement like this would have made all the difference

My wife was detained under suspicion of dui, while we know she hadn't been drinking and think the facts will bear that out in short order we appreciate that LEO had concerns at the time and chose to detain her under an abundance of caution, we appreciate that law enforcement is there to keep us safe and in doing so at times mistakes will be made.

Something along these lines would have been far better recieved by his base...... throw in a joke about senior moments , driving conditions, being confused regarding instructions etc and it's all gone in a month. He has gone a different way that I suspect his law and order base are not going to support.

OR, he could have just heeded the advice provided in that gif the ghost of JayC posted...the STFU one. Life is all about options...STFUing preserves options...making statements (especially that bold, and early) cuts off options.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide