Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14077623 07/29/21 11:02 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by jbassman
I bet the a// end of my Bass Cat is ugly, when that's the only thing you see when we pass you. texas

I wish everyone would pass me…and quit following me.

I couldn't pass you unless you stopped! sarcastic

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14077648 07/29/21 11:41 PM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Hot damn. And here I was thinking my next boat was going to be an Eyra.

Bass Cat Puma w/ Mercury ProXS 250
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Sinkey] #14077655 07/29/21 11:47 PM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Cass Caldwell
Definitely the most innovative company in the business.

They don't just sit around and hope people will keep buying the same thing! cheers

Innovative is not just changing the configuration of your deck layout, which frankly I think is horrible. I have several friends with Cats, and I will say, they do build a good boat with outstanding customer service. But its just not for me. I still think its one of the ugliest boats on the market and front deck fishability is not that great.

Sounds like you might like this boat then, considering they widened the fishing platform in the front. This isn't re-arranging the deck layout.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: jbassman] #14077690 07/30/21 12:09 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I bet the a// end of my Bass Cat is ugly, when that's the only thing you see when we pass you. texas

roflmao Must be one of those things they teach guys with ugly boats to say for come back lines. I only know of one boat that’s ever punched a hole in the hull, yep one of those speedy BassCats.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14077787 07/30/21 02:34 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I sold my Erya and I am trying to like the ZXR or FXR, but I have a couple friends who have had QC nightmares with their 20 and 2021 models. For $90K you would think there would be some QC going on.

If a company won't make sure the small and visible things are taken care of =, it's hard to trust they take care of the important and non visible things.

I like both of the boats and the layouts, just hard to see all the small issues they are having with things that would annoy anyone at the price point of any boat these days...

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Douglas J] #14077811 07/30/21 02:59 AM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I sold my Erya and I am trying to like the ZXR or FXR, but I have a couple friends who have had QC nightmares with their 20 and 2021 models. For $90K you would think there would be some QC going on.

If a company won't make sure the small and visible things are taken care of =, it's hard to trust they take care of the important and non visible things.

I like both of the boats and the layouts, just hard to see all the small issues they are having with things that would annoy anyone at the price point of any boat these days...

Having issues with the Cats??

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: BTwrestle04] #14077817 07/30/21 03:03 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by BTwrestle04

I've never had an issue nor heard of any like I have heard about the Skeeters recently. ZXR and FXR are Skeeters.

I am sure there is a BC customer that isn't happy occasionally, but they build the best made boat there on the market. Not any plastic components, decks and compartments are one unit and the top cap isn't "removable" like a lot of boats.

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Douglas J] #14077828 07/30/21 03:07 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

I've never had an issue nor heard of any like I have heard about the Skeeters recently. ZXR and FXR are Skeeters.

I am sure there is a BC customer that isn't happy occasionally, but they build the best made boat there on the market. Not any plastic components, decks and compartments are one unit and the top cap isn't "removable" like a lot of boats.

I think he’s asking, why not buy another BassCat then? (Or I’m at least thinking that) I’d love to have another Skeeter, but there does seem to be some valid complaints on the QC the last couple of years.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Douglas J] #14077830 07/30/21 03:08 AM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

Makes sense. I know the models you are referring to were Skeeters but the post was worded a little unclear. I won't buy another brand of Bass Boat than a Cat. This new Puma model has my psyched up, but I was leaning towards and Eyra and coming of out a Puma (old style).

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: grout-scout] #14077838 07/30/21 03:11 AM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by grout-scout

I think he’s asking, why not buy another BassCat then? (Or I’m at least thinking that) I’d love to have another Skeeter, but there does seem to be some valid complaints on the QC the last couple of years.

I know that I am a Bass Cat owner and I am biased, but this is anecdotal at best. How would other boat hulls have performed in the same instance? You are certainly entitled to you own opinion on Cats. It is the whole Ford vs Chevy vs Ram debate, but if it was something like hitting some rebar, how would other brands have fared?

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Sinkey] #14077844 07/30/21 03:14 AM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Cass Caldwell
Definitely the most innovative company in the business.

They don't just sit around and hope people will keep buying the same thing! cheers

Innovative is not just changing the configuration of your deck layout, which frankly I think is horrible. I have several friends with Cats, and I will say, they do build a good boat with outstanding customer service. But its just not for me. I still think its one of the ugliest boats on the market and front deck fishability is not that great.

Really, its a simple symmetrical layout.
Two rod boxes on each side of the front deck and lots of storage in the middle of the deck, rear deck has storage on both sides with live wells in the middle. Darn near identical to your bug boat, less the cracks, less the plastic [censored] breaking, and less the seat stitching coming apart.

Pretty sad when Skeeter’s innovation is to copy a Ranger hull.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: grout-scout] #14077845 07/30/21 03:14 AM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

roflmao Must be one of those things they teach guys with ugly boats to say for come back lines. I only know of one boat that’s ever punched a hole in the hull, yep one of those speedy BassCats.

My response was meant for this comment, my bad.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: BTwrestle04] #14077850 07/30/21 03:18 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

I know that I am a Bass Cat owner and I am biased, but this is anecdotal at best. How would other boat hulls have performed in the same instance? You are certainly entitled to you own opinion on Cats. It is the whole Ford vs Chevy vs Ram debate, but if it was something like hitting some rebar, how would other brands have fared?

Oh, you’re referring to the hole in the hull? Guy hit a stump/tree, same stumps that everyone else hits. I’m not 100% certain, but I’d guess that “speed” could have been a contributing factor. Could have just been a weak spot too though. If it were speed, it would have had to have been a fast idle, you can’t drive this area on plane. Could have also been from repeatedly hitting stumps and one finally got through. Or a combination of hitting stumps and then pounding over waves and then hitting another stump. Who knows, but bragging about speed, isn’t always a positive.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: grout-scout] #14077852 07/30/21 03:20 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

I was just looking around at other brands. The ZXR is actually a value for the amount of boat you get for the money, but through my research I found a lot of complaints about the durability of brand new boats.

I will likely buy another Cat if I decide I want another boat. It's been a month I have not had anyone blocking a ramp or fishing on top of me, kind of nice, LOL!!

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Douglas J] #14077855 07/30/21 03:23 AM
B
BTwrestle04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I assume you liked your Eyra? I love my Puma really. I just want out of the 2-stroke game, honestly. My gut was telling me to go with an Eyra for my next boat with a 4-stroke ProXS but this new Puma throws a wrench in all of my prior plans.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide