Texas Fishing Forum

New Bass Cat

Posted By: Minner Bucket

New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 12:43 AM

A few new innovations on the new Cat models. That reflex flooring and new slam style latches look very functional. Seems Mr. Pierce is always thinking outside the box. I don’t own a Cat but it would be on my short list if I was in the market.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 12:57 AM

Top cap looks like a jig saw puzzle, I like BC but not really a fan of that one. Was told that boat will run 85 with a 300R, dammit.
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:20 AM

Definitely the most innovative company in the business.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:22 AM

Best boats made
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:29 AM

If that is the Puma STS they say it will hit 75 with the 250 on it and 2 people in it.

The Eyra is a different story though.

Low 80's with the 250 and 87 with the 300R on it. cheers

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cass Caldwell

They don't just sit around and hope people will keep buying the same thing! cheers
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:45 AM

Not one piece of plastic in a Bass Cat. There is not a boat built with the all around quality of a Cat.
Posted By: Jman

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:48 AM

I’m a fan of the brand. But they are or have been until recently using the same damn glovebox since the 80s. I'm sure the boys in Mountain Home are like, well if ain't broke, don't fix it. But it is really ugly and they've gotten over 20 yrs of good use out of that plastic mold - time to update the look fellas.

And that triangle on the back deck where the motor vitals are connected needs to be squared off. It is a tripping hazard especially with sandals. I’m speaking from a non boater standpoint obviously.

I might add same with the hinge pins on the back deck - I like that the entire cover can lay over flat and you can even remove it. However, having raised hinge pins is a hazard on the back deck. And forget about fishing in bare feet because you won't want to step on one after 11 am. They need to come up with a different design for those two areas of concern in my opinion.

But I do like the product but they’ve never asked me to participate in a round table on product development unfortunately.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jman
I’m a fan of the brand. But they are or have been until recently using the same damn glovebox since the 80s.

And that triangle on the back deck where the motor vitals are connected needs to be squared off. It is a tripping hazard especially with sandals. I’m speaking from a non boater standpoint obviously.

But I do like the product but they’ve never asked me to participate in a round table on product development unfortunately.

That's one of the negatives. I fished out of the back of one and almost went in a few times tripping over it.
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:56 AM

I know the light gray is the reflex flooring, is the dark gray, that outlines the reflex, carpet? Looks good.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by yandeltx
I know the light gray is the reflex flooring, is the dark gray, that outlines the reflex, carpet? Looks good.

Yup
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:59 AM

I almost bought a Basscat before my 2nd Skeeter, but just couldn't get past the bow...the forward trolling motor foot pedal and the area for mounting graphs all seem awkward...other than that they are really nice boats
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 11:10 AM

Ken Smith posted a video on his YouTube of this boat. I'll see if I can find it
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 11:12 AM

Here you go. Another fantastic video by Ken
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 11:50 AM

Looks like an air conditioning vent in the middle of the floor.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 12:41 PM

I'd own it! thumb

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 01:05 PM

Ross Motorports Walk Through
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 02:39 PM

I’m a fan of the brand. But they are or have been until recently using the same damn glovebox since the 80s. I'm sure the boys in Mountain Home are like, well if ain't broke, don't fix it. But it is really ugly and they've gotten over 20 yrs of good use out of that plastic mold - time to update the look fellas.

I might add same with the hinge pins on the back deck - I like that the entire cover can lay over flat and you can even remove it. However, having raised hinge pins is a hazard on the back deck. And forget about fishing in bare feet because you won't want to step on one after 11 am. They need to come up with a different design for those two areas of concern in my opinion.

The things that you are posting as negatives actually have me thinking this is going to be my brand. I see the ability to access pumps and batteries easily as someone who actually fishes and has had old boats thinking about the things that go out a few years down the road. I have to stand on my head to do anything to my current boat, I really appreciate those simple and thoughtful features on this boat.
Posted By: Barn

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 02:44 PM

Here is another walk through,

Posted By: the skipper

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1

The things that you are posting as negatives actually have me thinking this is going to be my brand. I see the ability to access pumps and batteries easily as someone who actually fishes and has had old boats thinking about the things that go out a few years down the road. I have to stand on my head to do anything to my current boat, I really appreciate those simple and thoughtful features on this boat.

They are good features but they could use some reworking. My dad fishes with me a lot and he would trip all over the hinges. Plus there's a big fiberglass brace right over the pump section of the bilge. Don't get me wrong, I'm out on buying a new boat, so I'm not their target. This would be the only cat I would get though, it's the only one that I've really ever liked
Posted By: jbassman

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 03:30 PM

[Linked Image]

Love my Cat
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

They don't just sit around and hope people will keep buying the same thing! cheers

Innovative is not just changing the configuration of your deck layout, which frankly I think is horrible. I have several friends with Cats, and I will say, they do build a good boat with outstanding customer service. But its just not for me. I still think its one of the ugliest boats on the market and front deck fishability is not that great.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Looks like an air conditioning vent in the middle of the floor.

Agreed, not a fan of that, I think they could've blended that in better or out in the corners where water tends to sit anyways. Major eye sore! I think they are getting a little carried away on their interiors. Some of their earlier boats were much more cleaner and less puzzle looking.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 05:47 PM

They didn't change the front deck Layout. Its still the same puma deck just bigger. I dont get the Layout changing statements. As far as looks go, we all have opinions on what we like and don't like.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

Innovative is not just changing the configuration of your deck layout, which frankly I think is horrible. I have several friends with Cats, and I will say, they do build a good boat with outstanding customer service. But its just not for me. I still think its one of the ugliest boats on the market and front deck fishability is not that great.

Exactly why I think I’d put them near the BOTTOM of MY list. I’m sure they’re great boats, but if I’m paying, it wouldn’t EVER be a BassCat. I just think they are ugly. Again. Just my opinion. I honestly would choose a Nitro over a BassCat…based solely on looks.
Posted By: jbassman

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 07:03 PM

I bet the a// end of my Bass Cat is ugly, when that's the only thing you see when we pass you. texas
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 07:59 PM

meh

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by jbassman
I bet the a// end of my Bass Cat is ugly, when that's the only thing you see when we pass you. texas

Honestly, Can't say thats ever happened to me. Weight wins tournaments, not boat speed.....just saying! thumb
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 09:13 PM

Here we go again, let the pissing match begin
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 09:41 PM

I wish everyone would pass me…and quit following me.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I wish everyone would pass me…and quit following me.

I couldn't pass you unless you stopped! sarcastic
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 11:41 PM

Hot damn. And here I was thinking my next boat was going to be an Eyra.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/29/21 11:47 PM

Sounds like you might like this boat then, considering they widened the fishing platform in the front. This isn't re-arranging the deck layout.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 12:09 AM

roflmao Must be one of those things they teach guys with ugly boats to say for come back lines. I only know of one boat that’s ever punched a hole in the hull, yep one of those speedy BassCats.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 02:34 AM

I sold my Erya and I am trying to like the ZXR or FXR, but I have a couple friends who have had QC nightmares with their 20 and 2021 models. For $90K you would think there would be some QC going on.

If a company won't make sure the small and visible things are taken care of =, it's hard to trust they take care of the important and non visible things.

I like both of the boats and the layouts, just hard to see all the small issues they are having with things that would annoy anyone at the price point of any boat these days...

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
I sold my Erya and I am trying to like the ZXR or FXR, but I have a couple friends who have had QC nightmares with their 20 and 2021 models. For $90K you would think there would be some QC going on.

If a company won't make sure the small and visible things are taken care of =, it's hard to trust they take care of the important and non visible things.

I like both of the boats and the layouts, just hard to see all the small issues they are having with things that would annoy anyone at the price point of any boat these days...

Having issues with the Cats??

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by BTwrestle04

I've never had an issue nor heard of any like I have heard about the Skeeters recently. ZXR and FXR are Skeeters.

I am sure there is a BC customer that isn't happy occasionally, but they build the best made boat there on the market. Not any plastic components, decks and compartments are one unit and the top cap isn't "removable" like a lot of boats.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:07 AM

I've never had an issue nor heard of any like I have heard about the Skeeters recently. ZXR and FXR are Skeeters.

I am sure there is a BC customer that isn't happy occasionally, but they build the best made boat there on the market. Not any plastic components, decks and compartments are one unit and the top cap isn't "removable" like a lot of boats.

I think he’s asking, why not buy another BassCat then? (Or I’m at least thinking that) I’d love to have another Skeeter, but there does seem to be some valid complaints on the QC the last couple of years.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:08 AM

Makes sense. I know the models you are referring to were Skeeters but the post was worded a little unclear. I won't buy another brand of Bass Boat than a Cat. This new Puma model has my psyched up, but I was leaning towards and Eyra and coming of out a Puma (old style).

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I think he’s asking, why not buy another BassCat then? (Or I’m at least thinking that) I’d love to have another Skeeter, but there does seem to be some valid complaints on the QC the last couple of years.

I know that I am a Bass Cat owner and I am biased, but this is anecdotal at best. How would other boat hulls have performed in the same instance? You are certainly entitled to you own opinion on Cats. It is the whole Ford vs Chevy vs Ram debate, but if it was something like hitting some rebar, how would other brands have fared?
Posted By: meP2too

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:14 AM

Really, its a simple symmetrical layout.
Two rod boxes on each side of the front deck and lots of storage in the middle of the deck, rear deck has storage on both sides with live wells in the middle. Darn near identical to your bug boat, less the cracks, less the plastic [censored] breaking, and less the seat stitching coming apart.

Pretty sad when Skeeter’s innovation is to copy a Ranger hull.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:14 AM

roflmao Must be one of those things they teach guys with ugly boats to say for come back lines. I only know of one boat that’s ever punched a hole in the hull, yep one of those speedy BassCats.

My response was meant for this comment, my bad.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:18 AM

I know that I am a Bass Cat owner and I am biased, but this is anecdotal at best. How would other boat hulls have performed in the same instance? You are certainly entitled to you own opinion on Cats. It is the whole Ford vs Chevy vs Ram debate, but if it was something like hitting some rebar, how would other brands have fared?

Oh, you’re referring to the hole in the hull? Guy hit a stump/tree, same stumps that everyone else hits. I’m not 100% certain, but I’d guess that “speed” could have been a contributing factor. Could have just been a weak spot too though. If it were speed, it would have had to have been a fast idle, you can’t drive this area on plane. Could have also been from repeatedly hitting stumps and one finally got through. Or a combination of hitting stumps and then pounding over waves and then hitting another stump. Who knows, but bragging about speed, isn’t always a positive.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:20 AM

I was just looking around at other brands. The ZXR is actually a value for the amount of boat you get for the money, but through my research I found a lot of complaints about the durability of brand new boats.

I will likely buy another Cat if I decide I want another boat. It's been a month I have not had anyone blocking a ramp or fishing on top of me, kind of nice, LOL!!

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:23 AM

I assume you liked your Eyra? I love my Puma really. I just want out of the 2-stroke game, honestly. My gut was telling me to go with an Eyra for my next boat with a 4-stroke ProXS but this new Puma throws a wrench in all of my prior plans.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:28 AM

I will likely buy another Cat if I decide I want another boat. It's been a month I have not had anyone blocking a ramp or fishing on top of me, kind of nice, LOL!!

Someone made the comment that they “heard” the 2022 ZXR was going to have the FXR deck layout. Allegedly getting rid of the long double center boxes, not sure if their comment had any merit or not. I’d look hard at a ZXR if they go that route. We only have 3 brands to pick from down here: Skeeter, Nitro or BCB. The lack of QC is a bit scary though on Skeeter.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:30 AM

I assume you liked your Eyra? I love my Puma really. I just want out of the 2-stroke game, honestly. My gut was telling me to go with an Eyra for my next boat with a 4-stroke ProXS but this new Puma throws a wrench in all of my prior plans.

The Erya rides as good if not better and much drier than most other 21+ boats made today. I fished alone 50% of the time and it was awesome and it fished well with a co as well.

It was a very good boat. Mine was one of the first built after the reintroduction in 2011.

Th3e new STS Puma is a wide body type boat and it looks awesome as well!
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 12:58 PM

Someone made the comment that they “heard” the 2022 ZXR was going to have the FXR deck layout. Allegedly getting rid of the long double center boxes, not sure if their comment had any merit or not. I’d look hard at a ZXR if they go that route. We only have 3 brands to pick from down here: Skeeter, Nitro or BCB. The lack of QC is a bit scary though on Skeeter.

I had heard the same thing f
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 01:15 PM

It's not a rumor. 2022 ZXRs have the FXR deck layout now. A few have already shipped that way.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by meP2too

Really, its a simple symmetrical layout.
Two rod boxes on each side of the front deck and lots of storage in the middle of the deck, rear deck has storage on both sides with live wells in the middle. Darn near identical to your bug boat, less the cracks, less the plastic [censored] breaking, and less the seat stitching coming apart.

Pretty sad when Skeeter’s innovation is to copy a Ranger hull.

No, its a damn jigsaw puzzle. And all I said is its ugly and not for me! If you actually would read for once....I said they make great boats with great service. But out of 8 Skeeters Ive owned, I have not had any...not one of the issues you just mentioned about Skeeter. You sound like bandwagon guy that jumps on what everyone is saying. But Skeeters hull is no where near Rangers hull! And that comment basically shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 02:23 PM

The skeeter guys are an excitable bunch. Like a hornet's nest just waiting to get stirred up. roflmao
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
The skeeter guys are an excitable bunch. Like a hornet's nest just waiting to get stirred up. roflmao

roflmao Even in a Cat thread

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker

Cause you guys never bump your gums on Skeeter threads, right? roflmao
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker

Cause you guys never bump your gums on Skeeter threads, right? roflmao

Lots of threads in early 2018 with you touting Phoenix over Skeeter, best ride, best layout, faster………Of course that’s only when you owned it and then when you we’re trying to sell it. Guess it’s just what ever you own at the time that is “the best”…

I own a Skeeter and have had my share of issues but overall it’s been a solid boat. But, just because it’s the brand I own, doesn’t make it the best.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 04:36 PM

Phoenix and Skeeter have a very similar deck layout. I think Phoenix has a better cockpit layout than Skeeter. But again, not saying one is better than the other. Not saying any brand is better than another. Comes down to personal preferences. Im not on a Team deal with Skeeter like I was years back. I own them cause they have never let me down and frankly have never had any issues with them. I had a ton of issues with that Phoenix, and was very disappointed in it. But again, not to say Id never own another one. But just cause I say I dont like how the deck looks in the pic YOU posted, doesnt mean Im dogging BCB. I know about their track records with boats and service. Shoot, next to Fred at DSM, Tommy out at Rockwall is about as good as it comes. And just like me with Skeeters, most my friends running Cats always re-buy Cats, cause theyve never let them down. Dealer, boat, etc.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 04:56 PM

Phoenix and Skeeter have a very similar deck layout. I think Phoenix has a better cockpit layout than Skeeter. But again, not saying one is better than the other. Not saying any brand is better than another. Comes down to personal preferences. Im not on a Team deal with Skeeter like I was years back. I own them cause they have never let me down and frankly have never had any issues with them. I had a ton of issues with that Phoenix, and was very disappointed in it. But again, not to say Id never own another one. But just cause I say I dont like how the deck looks in the pic YOU posted, doesnt mean Im dogging BCB. I know about their track records with boats and service. Shoot, next to Fred at DSM, Tommy out at Rockwall is about as good as it comes. And just like me with Skeeters, most my friends running Cats always re-buy Cats, cause theyve never let them down. Dealer, boat, etc.

I do not wish to do the research, but I remember some of your comments that one could draw a conclusion that a Phoenix was "junk". You jumped out of a that brand so fast, I often wonder if there was some issue that you are being polite and not sharing on the inner-webs, with your particular boat.

I really like the ZXR for the value. I just want to read and hear about less QC issues on so many brand new boats. I am curious to see the new deck layout, but I was a coffin lid fan from running an Erya.

But at the end of the day we all buy what we want or what we can afford.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 04:57 PM

The old stress crack comments were the ones that set a lot of Bug owners afire, back in the day. flame
Posted By: Allison1

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 05:19 PM

I like that BC is being innovative and listening to their customers.
I saw one thing that I did not comment on because I did not want to butt into a BC thread, throwing it down.
The new boat latches are almost the same as the boat latches Allison has been using on its boats for over 2 decades.

I do like the ones in my boat. It has two types.
One has a button which makes that lever pop up. That is on the rod box. The other boxes just have a hole in the latch that you pull up to release the latch. All are keyed.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
I saw one thing that I did not comment on because I did not want to butt into a BC thread, throwing it down.
The new boat latches are almost the same as the boat latches Allison has been using on its boats for over 2 decades.

One has a button which makes that lever pop up. That is on the rod box. The other boxes just have a hole in the latch that you pull up to release the latch. All are keyed.

If you're going to copy something it might as well be from a quality handmade boat!!

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 05:51 PM

If you're going to copy something it might as well be from a quality handmade boat!!

Every boat should use them but I'm sure they cost a few dollars more! cowboy

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 06:23 PM

I do not wish to do the research, but I remember some of your comments that one could draw a conclusion that a Phoenix was "junk". You jumped out of a that brand so fast, I often wonder if there was some issue that you are being polite and not sharing on the inner-webs, with your particular boat.

I really like the ZXR for the value. I just want to read and hear about less QC issues on so many brand new boats. I am curious to see the new deck layout, but I was a coffin lid fan from running an Erya.

But at the end of the day we all buy what we want or what we can afford.

You are gonna buy another Cat, just admit it lol
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 07:21 PM

Lots of room for graphs up front on the new puma sts. One of their design changes made on this model. They also went to lithium batteries.

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 07:21 PM

I personally don't understand what people see in these cats. I don't know where to start. stir

Re: New Bass Cat - 07/30/21 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
I personally don't understand what people see in these cats. I don't know where to start. stir

Lol what??
Posted By: STUMPY58

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/01/21 06:58 PM

Quit stirring the pot BIL ; and will someone get the meds for sinky or stinky what ever his name is LOL
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/01/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by David Waller
Quit stirring the pot BIL ; and will someone get the meds for sinky or stinky what ever his name is LOL

Now we have a trouble maker on here for sure, I would send him to the cooler to start with, get a head start on things.

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/01/21 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by David Waller

Now we have a trouble maker on here for sure, I would send him to the cooler to start with, get a head start on things.

Seems like they've already been in that cooler.
Posted By: C.J

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/02/21 02:42 AM

Can’t wait till mine comes in.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/02/21 04:27 AM

If it ain't Cat it's just a dog.
Posted By: BCB

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/04/21 12:32 PM

Thank you for the comment on listening and being innovative.

The new insert PE decking is not for everyone and we knew that for those disliking the framed appearance. We get that, though it offers the flooring without the noise, trim and abrasion of all fiberglass lids, because you can wrap the EVA/PE decking.

As for the new slam latches, these are totally new in system and design, not similar to Allison’s. We’ve worked years on the system and the system parts come from four vendors.

We have filed a patent on the latch actuation and system. They are not a copy of any existing latch and it’s our custom made handle. The latches work outside the openings and drain on the deck flats, thus reducing water intrusion. Just press them down and they catch.

BCB

Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/04/21 02:48 PM

Nice looking boat. I love the full carpet myself
Posted By: Allison1

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/04/21 06:39 PM

I'm sorry if I was not clear or you took it differently than I meant it. Your video did not show a close up.
These are pics of my rod locker open and closed.
The other latches are not push button as this one is, just put your finger in it and pull the latch up. They are also all mounted outside the waterproofing in the compartments.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/05/21 10:14 PM

Allison1 and Douglas J,

Yes we know that, and here are some more which there are several in a similar style to that system that have been available for a long time. And there are many brands you can shelf buy beyond those. Darris and Nancy do a fine job, and Key Puckett has done well in that DFW niche and certainly they have used those zinc components a while. There are others like Southco below that make different and similar versions.

https://southco.com/en_us_int/latches/compression-latches/lever-latches/c2-lever-latches

This latch system is different and serves a different purpose in several ways. This latch is a designed system, and not a shelf component we purchased and installed. Those who have seen and used it would be the ones to know, which are very few at this time.

BCB

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/06/21 03:10 PM

The new (Parts) girl that has replaced Allen. Dang it I have already forgot her name, I hope she is half as good as Allen because he will be missed.
Posted By: Atta

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/06/21 03:18 PM

The new (Parts) girl that has replaced Allen. Dang it I have already forgot her name, I hope she is half as good as Allen because he will be missed.

Wait what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did this happen?
Posted By: WhiskeyTango223

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/06/21 07:15 PM

Her name is Lori she's been a BCB employee for years along with her sister and her son. We all told her she's got some big shoes to fill and I think she'll do a fine job. BCB is extremely well managed at every level and she wouldn't be there if she wasn't qualified and capable.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/06/21 08:54 PM

Ordered a new fender for my trailer back in early June. Was told it would be 6-8 months before delivery. Just picked it up today from Post Office. BCB once again beats expectations. Cat's where it's at.

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/07/21 12:46 AM

Allan has reached the age of retirement and grandchildren. He is dropping back to a couple of days a week and we have enjoyed his efforts. He’s a great guy and his saying for you as consumers is “don’t mess with my people”. We’ve been fortunate to have him and he jumped into something new a few years back saying he didn’t “(don’t)know anything about boats”.

BCB

Originally Posted by Atta

Wait what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did this happen?

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/07/21 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by BCB
Allison1 and Douglas J,

Yes we know that, and here are some more which there are several in a similar style to that system that have been available for a long time. And there are many brands you can shelf buy beyond those. Darris and Nancy do a fine job, and Key Puckett has done well in that DFW niche and certainly they have used those zinc components a while. There are others like Southco below that make different and similar versions.

https://southco.com/en_us_int/latches/compression-latches/lever-latches/c2-lever-latches

This latch system is different and serves a different purpose in several ways. This latch is a designed system, and not a shelf component we purchased and installed. Those who have seen and used it would be the ones to know, which are very few at this time.

BCB

cheers
Posted By: cali kid

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/07/21 10:10 AM

I was just looking at the Bass Cat website, I like it. And the Jaguar is one heck of a nice boat! I am glad I don't get bass boat fever anymore, the cost of these new rigs could postpone retirement until death, lol.
Posted By: Atta

Re: New Bass Cat - 08/11/21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BCB
Allan has reached the age of retirement and grandchildren. He is dropping back to a couple of days a week and we have enjoyed his efforts. He’s a great guy and his saying for you as consumers is “don’t mess with my people”. We’ve been fortunate to have him and he jumped into something new a few years back saying he didn’t “(don’t)know anything about boats”.

BCB

Originally Posted by Atta

When did this happen?

Well that’s great news at least. Just ordered new axels and Allen was the one on the phone with me.

LOVE BCB and all their employees!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum