Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072041 07/24/21 02:00 PM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

The prices are absurd.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072094 07/24/21 02:40 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Over the years I usually offered cash of17% off of MSRP, no trade in and would usually buy it after they tried to get more. Earlier, this week I offered 10% off for a Ram limited and they were not at all interested. Finally paid 5% off plus ttl. I know it would have been smart to wait, but I sold my Ram 3500 and was out of a pickup.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: donothin] #14072108 07/24/21 03:02 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by donothin
Over the years I usually offered cash of17% off of MSRP, no trade in and would usually buy it after they tried to get more. Earlier, this week I offered 10% off for a Ram limited and they were not at all interested. Finally paid 5% off plus ttl. I know it would have been smart to wait, but I sold my Ram 3500 and was out of a pickup.

The concept of offering "cash" for a vehicle as an incentive has always been strange to me, what do they care as long as they get paid, I suspect they actually make more if you finance it. I usually do pay cash for vehicles but I have never made it part of the deal.... houses are different, I have closed houses in 5 days at the title company so I get the deal there. Do you say this because you think it makes them take you more seriously?

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072112 07/24/21 03:07 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Based on the hard sell they put you through, I believe dealerships want you to keep your cash and finance the vehicle through them. Cash payment may have meant something in the old days when dealerships were not lenders, but I don’t think it really helps you today.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: HasBen] #14072116 07/24/21 03:09 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by HasBen
Based on the hard sell they put you through, I believe dealerships want you to keep your cash and finance the vehicle through them. Cash payment may have meant something in the old days when dealerships were not lenders, but I don’t think it really helps you today.

Yup. Finance & insurance is sometimes a bigger profit center on new car sales than is the sale of the vehicle itself.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072117 07/24/21 03:10 PM
B
bshort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
My new F250 is built and on the way. I get the X-plan pricing and first responder rebate (scraps), but it won't be a terrible deal. I wouldn't buy used at this point.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: HasBen] #14072124 07/24/21 03:22 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

The dealers, new anyway, arent really lenders, they are brokers for lenders who I'm sure pay them for this. I would think the best way is to act like your gonna finance then pull the check book out at the last minute. I suspect if you can wait a year that is best bet in current state of things, I bought last year when things were bad and the model my wife likes is not currently in production so she decided to wait a year and see what is available then. She likes her current ride, its 5 years old with 50k miles so no biggie.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: WAWI] #14072126 07/24/21 03:25 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by WAWI

The dealers, new anyway, arent really lenders, they are brokers for lenders who I'm sure pay them for this. I would think the best way is to act like your gonna finance then pull the check book out at the last minute. I suspect if you can wait a year that is best bet in current state of things, I bought last year when things were bad and the model my wife likes is not currently in production so she decided to wait a year and see what is available then. She likes her current ride, its 5 years old with 50k miles so no biggie.

Plus #1. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: WAWI] #14072144 07/24/21 03:48 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The concept of offering "cash" for a vehicle as an incentive has always been strange to me, what do they care as long as they get paid, I suspect they actually make more if you finance it. I usually do pay cash for vehicles but I have never made it part of the deal.... houses are different, I have closed houses in 5 days at the title company so I get the deal there. Do you say this because you think it makes them take you more seriously?

Makes zero sense at all. If you finance with me and I get you 3.99-4.99% we have banks that will pay us a 5% flat in some cases without marking the rate up at all. Go to Classic Chevrolet right now and try to pay cash, they won't even take it.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Uncle Zeek] #14072146 07/24/21 03:51 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Yup. Finance & insurance is sometimes a bigger profit center on new car sales than is the sale of the vehicle itself.

New car stores for sure make more money on F&I than new car sales profit. Most of them are reinsured so it's very profitable for the owner to focus on the warranty products. They are all held in offshore companies.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072327 07/24/21 08:45 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
don’t four square me bro!

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Brian Spagnola] #14072350 07/24/21 09:15 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola

Makes zero sense at all. If you finance with me and I get you 3.99-4.99% we have banks that will pay us a 5% flat in some cases without marking the rate up at all. Go to Classic Chevrolet right now and try to pay cash, they won't even take it.

When I did IT for a bunch of DFW dealerships, it always seemed like there was some beef between the sales tower and the finance managers.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Frenzy] #14072367 07/24/21 09:33 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola

When I did IT for a bunch of DFW dealerships, it always seemed like there was some beef between the sales tower and the finance managers.

That's a whole different world compared to what we do here at TMC. The finance managers want the sales managers to get people to commit to a payment. And they want the payment to be way higher than what it actually is, so it makes there job easier to sell all the additional products. Warranties are great, tire and wheel maybe and only if you get it for a low cost (400). The dent and ding, paint protection, replacement key are all worthless. So if you commit to a $400 payment at the sales floor, and go into finance it's say to say that it's only $400 with all these ad ons.

Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072438 07/24/21 11:09 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
I've been itching for a new truck but don't see anything in stock that's blown my skirt up.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Vehicle pricing [Re: Moto-Moto] #14072483 07/25/21 12:03 AM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
It's 2021. That could change and your insurance will pay.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide