Page 1 of 2 1 2
God Winks #14070117 07/22/21 05:29 PM
C
crapyetr Online Sleepy OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
C
have you ever felt like God gave you a little hint to do something...???...my wife and i call them "God Winks"...i had one today...i was sitting on the deck at Murvaul admiring the lake and the quietness this morning havin' a cup wondering what i was going to do today...i wanted to stay at the lake, but i felt like i needed to get back to Nac...so we loaded up the dogs and came "home"...we were fixin' to eat dinner and the Fed Ex kid rang the door bell and asked for me...strange...i went out, and he said his BIG loaded truck would not start and wanted a jump...my wife had bought these portable jump starters and thank God one of them was charged enough to work, but the truck was a diesel with 2 batteries so i had to get the Hummer in front of the truck to jump it off that battery also...finally it started...i have given this Fed Ex kid cookies many times when he delivers our stuff so he knew he could trust me to help...BUT had i not listened to that "still small voice" / God wink, i would still be at Murvaul enjoying the lake...thank You Lord that i listened...

tell us your God Wink

MERCY - not receiving what you deserve
GRACE - receiving what you don't deserve
America's MESS = God's miracle fixes
I'd rather walk with God with no questions answered than to walk thru life without Him and know the answers
Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070124 07/22/21 05:41 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
thumb

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070133 07/22/21 05:47 PM
H
Hook'Em 79 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
H
Totally agree with this.

I try to listen when he talks to me also.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070134 07/22/21 05:48 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Back in 1993, the wife and I were looking buying at a Conversion Van for her and the 3 kids. My wife is the wheeler dealer when purchasing vehicles, and she set her price and they would not meet it. The were $50 over what she was willing to pay so we got up and walked out the door. On the drive home, she noticed a land for sale sign and said let's go look at what they had. We found a 5-1/2 acre lot we really liked and made an offer the next day and bought it. This is the place we have lives since we built the next year. The car dealer called the day after we closed on the land and said they they were willing to come off the price $200. My wife told them too little too late. If we would have bought the new van, we would not have bought the land. We both said God wanted us to have the new place more than the new ride.

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070159 07/22/21 06:10 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
C
ok, i have another one...we put a contract on a lake house "off the water" on Toledo Bend...did all the paperwork...got to the appraisal and my wife noticed the #'s didn't make sense...sure enuf, the appraiser made the #'s fit the offer, appraised $1,000 over the offer...after further investigation of the deal, we backed out, lost $3,000 in the process, BUT ended up with what God wanted us to have on Murvaul...sometimes, i need stronger hearing aids and so He has to perty much slap me upside the head so i'll listen to Him...

I'd rather walk with God with no questions answered than to walk thru life without Him and know the answers
Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070160 07/22/21 06:10 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by crapyetr
have you ever felt like God gave you a little hint to do something...???...my wife and i call them "God Winks"...i had one today...i was sitting on the deck at Murvaul admiring the lake and the quietness this morning havin' a cup wondering what i was going to do today...i wanted to stay at the lake, but i felt like i needed to get back to Nac...so we loaded up the dogs and came "home"...we were fixin' to eat dinner and the Fed Ex kid rang the door bell and asked for me...strange...i went out, and he said his BIG loaded truck would not start and wanted a jump...my wife had bought these portable jump starters and thank God one of them was charged enough to work, but the truck was a diesel with 2 batteries so i had to get the Hummer in front of the truck to jump it off that battery also...finally it started...i have given this Fed Ex kid cookies many times when he delivers our stuff so he knew he could trust me to help...BUT had i not listened to that "still small voice" / God wink, i would still be at Murvaul enjoying the lake...thank You Lord that i listened...

tell us your God Wink

Mine's kind of right opposite. Long time ago, I woke up one Saturday with the urge to go to the lake. Now believe me, I'd like to go to the lake on a lot of Saturdays but it's a two and a half hour drive, one way. It's just not a great option for a day trip, so it pretty much never happens. The urge was strong and I loaded up and went. I had a Wrangler at the time and went WAY up a creek where few people go. This was intentional because I like to get away by myself and I knew of a small dam where I've fished a few times for white bass. Lo and behold I came across a stuck pickup truck in the middle of nowhere. Over a mile from the main road. It was a group of teens that had been stuck there all night long. Now you can chalk it up to a coincidence. But I believe one of them prayed for help, God heard them and sent me. Had them out of the mud and on their way in minutes.

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070226 07/22/21 07:00 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
I know a young man (younger than me lol) and he’s a mess . Hard worker but a hard partier if you know what I mean . He Is surrounded by friends and people that are a very negative to say the least . He just got a dui amongst some other charges. He’s a new dad as well.

Everybody asks me why I tolerate him and talk to him and invite him to things. I see a lot of myself in him and I feel like god put us in each other’s lives so that I can help him because I’ve been him and came out better on the other side . Uhh so far it’s not going so well but I know for a fact I am the only person that calls him out on his bs and tries to guide him plus he has plenty of potential.

But I’ve had a chat with the big man about him and he says to not quit on him so here I am lol.
I can’t save the whole world and everybody . Every once in a while tho something or somebody gives you a overwhelming sense to help . And that’s the big guy giving you a “wink”

Re: God Winks [Re: Nickbyrd] #14070235 07/22/21 07:06 PM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
I know a young man (younger than me lol) and he’s a mess . Hard worker but a hard partier if you know what I mean . He Is surrounded by friends and people that are a very negative to say the least . He just got a dui amongst some other charges. He’s a new dad as well.

Everybody asks me why I tolerate him and talk to him and invite him to things. I see a lot of myself in him and I feel like god put us in each other’s lives so that I can help him because I’ve been him and came out better on the other side . Uhh so far it’s not going so well but I know for a fact I am the only person that calls him out on his bs and tries to guide him plus he has plenty of potential.

But I’ve had a chat with the big man about him and he says to not quit on him so here I am lol.
I can’t save the whole world and everybody . Every once in a while tho something or somebody gives you a overwhelming sense to help . And that’s the big guy giving you a “wink”
I understand completely...good job thumb

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070397 07/22/21 09:44 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Yeh…he told me to take my two little keepers back to my starting spot with 15 minutes left. Won with big bass too.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14070769 07/23/21 05:03 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Many many years ago God winked at me and told me to say that "Sinners Prayer" ! God Forgive a Sinner, I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior. Amen! angel2 Best thing I ever did. I am just a sinner saved by grace. angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: God Winks [Re: banker-always fishing] #14071063 07/23/21 03:34 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Many many years ago God winked at me and told me to say that "Sinners Prayer" ! God Forgive a Sinner, I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior. Amen! angel2 Best thing I ever did. I am just a sinner saved by grace. angel2

Amen! That night after leaving a revival, I had to get out of mom's car and go back into the church. Just felt like if I left that parking lot, I wouldn't get another chance.

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14071072 07/23/21 03:48 PM
T
The Dad Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
We were in TN driving from Knoxville to Gatlinburg to meet family. We chose to take the back roads instead of the interstate. Felt we should. No explanation.
Driving on a remote narrow road we came upon a woman and small child next to an SUV rolled on its side in the ditch. I helped the man get out of the SUV and we took them to their camping park they were staying at. They were moving from CA to NC and were headed to get some breakfast when a truck speeding down the road forced them off and they rolled. No serious injuries thankfully.

THE DAD

Re: God Winks [Re: The Dad] #14071087 07/23/21 04:00 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by The Dad
We were in TN driving from Knoxville to Gatlinburg to meet family. We chose to take the back roads instead of the interstate. [font:Arial BlackFelt we should. No explanation. [/font]
Driving on a remote narrow road we came upon a woman and small child next to an SUV rolled on its side in the ditch. I helped the man get out of the SUV and we took them to their camping park they were staying at. They were moving from CA to NC and were headed to get some breakfast when a truck speeding down the road forced them off and they rolled. No serious injuries thankfully.

good 'un...

Re: God Winks [Re: crapyetr] #14071098 07/23/21 04:07 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Was driving home with wife early morning, after a gig. Could faintly see taillights flashing on a car in a ditch on a remote 2-lane gravel road. Pulled over, walked to distressed car and there was a single occupant...an old, old lady, got her to roll the window down. Learned that she’d been drinking at the VFW, was toasted and ran off the road trying to make it home.

Car was stuck where the drivers side was wedged on ditch, but the passengers side had plenty of clearance. In fact, looked like the car could get out of the ditch fairly easily...but at that time of the morning, and the way it was wedged...etc., from inside the vehicle I imagine it looked futile.

Helped her out of the car and into ours. Went to get in the car and was going to back it out of the ditch. As soon as I plopped over onto the cloth drivers seat, her pi$$ soaked completely thru my slacks...all the way to my skin. She had clearly emptied her bladder of the VFW alcohol several times. My clothes weren’t damp...they were Completely soaked in old lady VFW urine.

Last edited by Sawhorse; 07/23/21 05:56 PM.
Re: God Winks [Re: Sawhorse] #14071101 07/23/21 04:10 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Was driving home with wife early morning, after a gig. Could faintly see taillights flashing on a car in a ditch on a remote 2-lane gravel road. Pulled over, walked to distressed car and there was a single occupant...an old, old lady, got her to roll the window down. Learned that she’d been drinking at the DFW, was toasted and ran off the road trying to make it home.

Car was stuck where the drivers side was wedged on ditch, but the passengers side had plenty of clearance. In fact, looked like the car could get out of the ditch fairly easily...but at that time of the morning, and the way it was wedged...etc., from inside the vehicle I imagine it looked futile.

Helped her out of the car and into ours. Went to get in the car and was going to back it out of the ditch. As soon as I plopped over onto the cloth drivers seat, her pi$$ soaked completely thru my slacks...all the way to my skin. She had clearly emptied her bladder of the DFW alcohol several times. My clothes weren’t damp...they were Completely soaked in old lady DFW urine.

Nice imaging

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide