I took David out again today but this time he had son Bryson, who had never fished for white bass, with him. We fished from 7 Am to 1:40 PM and caught 117 fish. It was very windy, limiting where we could fish. Wind was out of the southwest, so we fished protected structures (Figure 8 and Wolf Humps) on the west side. We ventured over to the Propellar in the heavy waves but only got 3 sandies for our trouble. We caught about half our fish at Figure 8 (where we started) and have at Wolf (where we ended). Caught 107 sandies, 7 eating-size yellow bass, and 3 cats. All fish caught on Mepps #4. Fish were a little finicky, so instead of a fish every cast, it was one every 3 or 4 casts. Both structures were loaded with fish. Bryson outfished his dad, which I commented on to him. Bryson said, "I watched your video!" FYI, I have two videos on YouTube - one of fishing a Mepps #4 and another on fishing a Mepps #2. The latter one has a link to it in my signature block below. Here are some pics of today's trip:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Kept nine big sandies and a cat for the table:
[Linked Image]