Forums59
Topics1,039,282
Posts13,962,262
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14023494 06/07/21 03:00 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by coachallentca
Originally Posted by Brent S
There needs to be a law that someone selling a catalytic converter must show the title of the vehicle it came from and they must be the owner on the title.

The police really will not anything about it but if they catch them in the act it would different..It is considered a low level crime..

Sad but true. "Low level crimes" like theft and vandalism they have zero interest in. The cases are hard to solve and cost the city/county money to prosecute. Much more profitable to write speeding tickets.

Wrong! My Son In Law is a cop, it is about priority. People are freaking nuts now days and most 12 hour shifts they don't even get to stop down for lunch. They are spit on and cussed, one guy recently trying to commit suicide by cop pointing at his ear screaming "shoot me right here, RIGHT HERE" After he was put in cuffs he spat in my SIL face. If he would have shot the guy he would have been plastered all over the news as another evil cop instead of a guy trying to protect people from straight up evil! Domestics, drunk driving, suicides, sexual assaults, all way up because people are being paid to sit home! I am sorry about the CC, I had one stolen a couple years back, it sucks! It is not the cops fault though, it is the dirt bag and the guy buying them from the dirt bags!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14023514 06/07/21 03:15 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Sorry to hear about your CC!!

Someone tried to cut the lock off my trailer at the 820 ramp Sunday. The one on the trailer tongue that keeps it on the ball. They made it about halfway through... gotta be a damn fool to steal an EZ loader. roflmao Cops were at the ramp all morning because of the genius below, very surprised someone tried to get at my trailer with all that excitement.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Bass Buster1] #14023536 06/07/21 03:38 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
There needs to be a law that someone selling a catalytic converter must show the title of the vehicle it came from and they must be the owner on the title.

The police really will not anything about it but if they catch them in the act it would different..It is considered a low level crime..

Sad but true. "Low level crimes" like theft and vandalism they have zero interest in. The cases are hard to solve and cost the city/county money to prosecute. Much more profitable to write speeding tickets.

Wrong! My Son In Law is a cop, it is about priority. People are freaking nuts now days and most 12 hour shifts they don't even get to stop down for lunch. They are spit on and cussed, one guy recently trying to commit suicide by cop pointing at his ear screaming "shoot me right here, RIGHT HERE" After he was put in cuffs he spat in my SIL face. If he would have shot the guy he would have been plastered all over the news as another evil cop instead of a guy trying to protect people from straight up evil! Domestics, drunk driving, suicides, sexual assaults, all way up because people are being paid to sit home! I am sorry about the CC, I had one stolen a couple years back, it sucks! It is not the cops fault though, it is the dirt bag and the guy buying them from the dirt bags!

All you said is true and it doesn't dispute a single thing that I said. I agree that it is about priority, and the priority level for this theft is low. So low that I can reasonably conclude that they have zero interest in it. We have a guy on tape stealing one for god sakes and they still can't arrest or prosecute. I fully realize that alot of these decisions are way out of the hands of the police department. Our courts, DA's, and elected officials make many of these decisions. I'm not against police officers. Not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that I think it is "the cops fault". I never said that. I also agree with you that being a police officer is a thankless job. I'm amazed anyone is willing to take on the liability of being a cop these days.

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14023552 06/07/21 04:02 PM
G
GMTK Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
G
1. Make is a third degree felony to steal one.
2. Owners need to inscribe the last four of the vin (or entire vin if you have the patience) so police can track and find owners.
3. Manufacturers need to put the vin on them or a serial number that is traceable.

Go look on FB marketplace and there are ads for people buying CC and it shows piles of them cut off.

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14023597 06/07/21 04:39 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

thumb

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Bass Buster1] #14023692 06/07/21 05:53 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1

No said it was the police departments fault.. All my family is in law enforcement and my son is staring college and going into it also.. You made my point by listing all the stuff officers have to deal with. Someone stealing a catalytic is NOT a priority. I would not want to be a police officer with the [censored] they go through. I tried to talk my son out of it but he wants to be a state police officer..

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: WAWI] #14023732 06/07/21 06:10 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
Fort worth has really gone down the toilet in recent years, some areas are like 3rd world countries. Its pitiful

In 1939 food assistance began and in 1974 Section 8 began, we now have many generations that have learned everything is free and given to them by he government.

Naturally most of these types live in the urban areas to be closer to their "social services" and this is why your larger cities are havens for poverty and crime.

It also doesn't help that over 40% of the births today are to single moms in the United States. Morality and the family unit are things that are steadily on a decline...

#MFGA
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14023750 06/07/21 06:19 PM
Brent S Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
People who think these criminals need rehab and help are a part of the problem too.

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Douglas J] #14023912 06/07/21 09:03 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Fort worth has really gone down the toilet in recent years, some areas are like 3rd world countries. Its pitiful

In 1939 food assistance began and in 1974 Section 8 began, we now have many generations that have learned everything is free and given to them by he government.

Naturally most of these types live in the urban areas to be closer to their "social services" and this is why your larger cities are havens for poverty and crime.

It also doesn't help that over 40% of the births today are to single moms in the United States. Morality and the family unit are things that are steadily on a decline...

Interesting take. Sam Rayburn has had over 50 trucks hit, Fork has had over 100. Not a large city anywhere near, just a bunch of poor white folks shooting heroin, smoking meth and stealing other people's stuff to finance it.

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14023950 06/07/21 09:44 PM
M
merc200 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
At Lake Aquila here in central TX they are hitting the boat ramp parking lots for catalytic converters.

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: WLBDallas] #14023982 06/07/21 10:15 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by WLBDallas
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Interesting take. Sam Rayburn has had over 50 trucks hit, Fork has had over 100. Not a large city anywhere near, just a bunch of poor white folks shooting heroin, smoking meth and stealing other people's stuff to finance it.

Same kind of people just different locale. But the crime rate in large urban settings is a lot higher than at Fork or Rayburn. I bet there are 1000's if not 10's of thousands of catalytic converters stolen in urban areas each year.

It's a crime of opportunity

#MFGA
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: buda13] #14024180 06/08/21 01:08 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by buda13
Sorry to hear about your CC!!

Someone tried to cut the lock off my trailer at the 820 ramp Sunday. The one on the trailer tongue that keeps it on the ball. They made it about halfway through... gotta be a damn fool to steal an EZ loader. roflmao Cops were at the ramp all morning because of the genius below, very surprised someone tried to get at my trailer with all that excitement.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You know I bet that truck parked out there so no one would steal his CC.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14024251 06/08/21 02:15 AM
Brent S Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Nearly 900 dollars for replacement o2 sensors and catalytic converters on rock auto. I also bought some orange paint and I plan to etch my VIN and license plate on them. Thought about buying some theft preventative devices, but I'm not so sure the thieves just cut through it or cut in other places.

Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14024350 06/08/21 10:29 AM
D
dimitri Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
historically are they stealing converters of diesels too or is this primarily a gas engine crime?

Marine Electronics Installation
[by appointment only in Azle, Texas]
Graphs, Trolling Motors & Battery Chargers
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft Lake Worth [Re: Brent S] #14024991 06/08/21 07:49 PM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
They can feel free to cut mine off... Cause I don't have one on my truck! grin

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide