Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Flippin-Out] #14004115 05/20/21 03:52 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by jiggmann
Way over rated do you a little YouTube research and you will see how easy it is and how ridiculous there price is!!

They have a complete gimmick deal going that essentially preys on those who don't know any better about things electrical. There isn't anything their solution does that can't be done (quite easily I might add) for a fraction of the cost.

and you dont have to know anything electrical to make one of these either. I have 0 electrical experience(and am/was kinda intimidated by electrical work) beside youtube and google. I saw a similar thread and mention of how easy it was to DIY one of these...looked it up and sure enough it was unreal how easy it was to do and do well. there is no part of the job that requires steady hands, years of experience or anything like that. All you need is the tools....and I was planning to redo my whole boat so I bought what was needed and still saved a ton of money. Plus you can make it the exact length you need which is another little plus

Last edited by bockscar; 05/20/21 03:53 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: WLBDallas] #14005486 05/21/21 01:04 PM
Tyler822 Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
You guys crack me up! We'll spend $10k on graphs and mounts then moan and groan about "blowing" $250 on a wiring harness. I've got one and it made a huge difference in my electronics performance. Could I have made one cheaper, of course. Did I want to jack with it, nope! I'm sure you guys that built your own don't use a lawn service, house keeper, drive through oil change, order pizza or take out, stop for coffee or sandwiches.....because obviously you could do it yourself and save a ton of money lol.

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Tyler822] #14005500 05/21/21 01:16 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F

Originally Posted by Tyler822
You guys crack me up! We'll spend $10k on graphs and mounts then moan and groan about "blowing" $250 on a wiring harness. I've got one and it made a huge difference in my electronics performance. Could I have made one cheaper, of course. Did I want to jack with it, nope! I'm sure you guys that built your own don't use a lawn service, house keeper, drive through oil change, order pizza or take out, stop for coffee or sandwiches.....because obviously you could do it yourself and save a ton of money lol.

That harness may be longer than necessary. Not that you'd know or understand the technicality of the matter, but for voltage sensitive circuits, the drop in voltage by the delivery process is what one is hoping to avoid. A harness that is too long adds resistance back to the system, and the voltage will be lower than it would have been with a harness having no excess length. When I cut wire to a length long enough, but not longer than necessary, I've taken one of the primary steps to building an efficient harness. Doing my own wiring isn't entirely about the cost. Some of what I do is better than the snake-oil "solutions" offered at jacked up prices, but what I am capable of building for myself is better than any in-the-box solution someone sells. You could have made just as big a difference in different ways for half the cost, most likely (paying someone) or a quarter for those of us who know how and do it ourselves. In my case, it's just better, particularly because I'm knowledgeable in the topic, and have the skills.

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Tyler822] #14005507 05/21/21 01:20 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Correct on all of those. Either some kind of lazy or your hourly earnings are significantly higher than what it costs to pay others to do what you mentioned.

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: WLBDallas] #14005555 05/21/21 02:08 PM
blackhorse Offline
Angler
Angler
Okay I'm an old guy who read some where in Bassmaster magazine to connect your graphs directly to battery which I did. What am I missing here?

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Brent S] #14005557 05/21/21 02:09 PM
C
Chis D Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by Brent S

Correct on all of those. Either some kind of lazy or your hourly earnings are significantly higher than what it costs to pay others to do what you mentioned.

Same here:
don't use a lawn service - Nope, I ran one to pay may way through undergraduate and graduate school. I now mow the yards on both my houses, after work.
house keeper - Don't see a need. I am not a mess and don't believe anyone should clean up after me. Easy solution don't make a big mess and continually pick up after myself and there is never a mountain of cleaning to be done. Same applies for life in general.
drive through oil change - Nope. Takes less time and effort to do it myself (15min tops). I care about my car. So far, I have not over/underfilled my oil. I can't say the same for my friends that take it into a shop.
order pizza or take out - Zero fast food here. I exercise and eat well. Not because it taste better, but because it allows me to do more things on a daily basis.
stop for coffee or sandwiches - Not sure what to say about this. If I am traveling I will stop for coffee or snacks, I certainly don't seek it out.

BTW, you crack me up. Willing to criticize others for pointing out that it is indeed overpriced. Do what you want. Kind of stupid to criticize those willing and capable to work and take care of themselves. But, look at our society, willing to work is a problem. With regard to "and save a ton of money lol," do you think that is a joke??? Try it sometime. If the population took accountability and saved money, we wouldn't be handing out stimulus money.

Last edited by Chis D; 05/21/21 02:14 PM.
Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Chis D] #14005570 05/21/21 02:17 PM
Tyler822 Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Chis D
Originally Posted by Brent S

Same here:
don't use a lawn service - Nope, I ran one to pay may way through undergraduate and graduate school. I now mow the yards on both my houses, after work.
house keeper - Don't see a need. I am not a mess and don't believe anyone should clean up after me. Easy solution don't make a big mess and continually pick up after myself and there is never a mountain of cleaning to be done. Same applies for life in general.
drive through oil change - Nope. Takes less time and effort to do it myself (15min tops). I care about my car. So far, I have not over/underfilled my oil. I can't say the same for my friends that take it into a shop.
order pizza or take out - Zero fast food here. I exercise and eat well. Not because it taste better, but because it allows me to do more things on a daily basis.
stop for coffee or sandwiches - Not sure what to say about this. If I am traveling I will stop for coffee or snacks, I certainly don't seek it out.

BTW, you crack me up. Willing to criticize others for pointing out that it is indeed overpriced. Do what you want. Kind of stupid to criticize those willing and capable to work and take care of themselves. But, look at our society, willing to work is a problem. With regard to "and save a ton of money lol," do you think that is a joke??? Try it sometime. If the population took accountability did this, we wouldn't be handing out stimulus money.

I'm with ya! I pretty much operate exactly as you've described. I'm not at all criticizing those that choose to make a wiring harness themselves, I'm criticizing those that criticize others for spending their hard earned money on whatever the hell they want to spend it on....I think paying someone to cut the grass or spending $5 on a cup of coffee is absolutely ridiculous. But, that's my opinion and if someone chooses to pay for those things then giddy up!

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Flippin-Out] #14005572 05/21/21 02:17 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by mudd
Over rated for the crazy price. U can do it urself for much cheaper

its extremely easy.......and I mean extremely easy to make one of these yourself on top of it being drastically cheaper. My mind was blown when I found out how easy it was to make....like its borderline insulting they charge what they do for it! LOL

Edit:
They are smart and updated the photo to only show it coiled up. They used to show it better a few years ago where you could really see how simple a job it is to make.

Heres a link that should have most everything you need...just in case you wanna try your hand at it.

https://www.ebay.com/str/genuinedealz

I agree that Genuinedealz is a great place to shop. BTW, no need to go thru ebay. Go straight to their website (same name) and order there. Items ship super fast, and their custom cables are commercial production quality. The marine grade wire they use is even made right here in the USA!

PM sent thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Flippin-Out] #14005613 05/21/21 02:47 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

That harness may be longer than necessary. Not that you'd know or understand the technicality of the matter, but for voltage sensitive circuits, the drop in voltage by the delivery process is what one is hoping to avoid. A harness that is too long adds resistance back to the system, and the voltage will be lower than it would have been with a harness having no excess length. When I cut wire to a length long enough, but not longer than necessary, I've taken one of the primary steps to building an efficient harness. Doing my own wiring isn't entirely about the cost. Some of what I do is better than the snake-oil "solutions" offered at jacked up prices, but what I am capable of building for myself is better than any in-the-box solution someone sells. You could have made just as big a difference in different ways for half the cost, most likely (paying someone) or a quarter for those of us who know how and do it ourselves. In my case, it's just better, particularly because I'm knowledgeable in the topic, and have the skills.

you nailed it and are speaking facts.

To each their own on how people spend their money.....im not one whos got a fiberglass boat and $10k in graphs and mounts though. Im very particular with the money I spend on this hobby I do once every couple weeks.....and like I mentioned earlier, it is literally borderline insulting what they charge for this when you realize how easy it is to make. If you wanna spend it thats fine....I just couldnt bring myself to doing it...especially since i was already in the middle of redoing my whole boat. made 0 sense for me to get it versus making it in 10 minutes. And like you mentioned...making a custom one for your rig is another plus for the reasons you described.

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: WLBDallas] #14005619 05/21/21 02:58 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Sounds to me there is a market for those who can make them. Cut the price in half and make some side $

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Tyler822] #14005635 05/21/21 03:11 PM
C
Chis D Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
[/quote]I'm with ya! I pretty much operate exactly as you've described. I'm not at all criticizing those that choose to make a wiring harness themselves, I'm criticizing those that criticize others for spending their hard earned money on whatever the hell they want to spend it on....I think paying someone to cut the grass or spending $5 on a cup of coffee is absolutely ridiculous. But, that's my opinion and if someone chooses to pay for those things then giddy up! [/quote]

Agreed. I must have read your post/intention wrong.

Also agree with Monty - business is business, if there is a better/cheaper/profitable way someone can/will exploit it.

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Monty Wright] #14005651 05/21/21 03:26 PM
Tyler822 Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Sounds to me there is a market for those who can make them. Cut the price in half and make some side $

Absolutely

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: Chis D] #14005654 05/21/21 03:28 PM
Tyler822 Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Chis D
[/quote]I'm with ya! I pretty much operate exactly as you've described. I'm not at all criticizing those that choose to make a wiring harness themselves, I'm criticizing those that criticize others for spending their hard earned money on whatever the hell they want to spend it on....I think paying someone to cut the grass or spending $5 on a cup of coffee is absolutely ridiculous. But, that's my opinion and if someone chooses to pay for those things then giddy up!

Agreed. I must have read your post/intention wrong.

Also agree with Monty - business is business, if there is a better/cheaper/profitable way someone can/will exploit it.
[/quote]

cheers

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: WLBDallas] #14005658 05/21/21 03:30 PM
T
tejasbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
$250.00 is not bad if you want to click a button and have it show up at your door in a couple of days. It's a great product and a good investment. With that said, I did it myself and spent half the money. PM if you want any pointers.

Re: Sea Clear Wiring Harness [Re: tejasbass] #14005677 05/21/21 03:52 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by tejasbass
$250.00 is not bad if you want to click a button and have it show up at your door in a couple of days. It's a great product and a good investment. With that said, I did it myself and spent half the money. PM if you want any pointers.

cheers to you for the offer to others!

It was that kind of decision for me. I can make the $$ difference 10X in the time difference it took me to complete the order with SeaClear (2 minutes total maybe) and researching what to buy, where to buy it, tools needed to do it correctly, youtube video to know what I'm doing etc.

To the OP, you got a lot of holier than thou [censored] in here you didn't ask for.........but to answer the question again- the product works as advertised and is in my experience awesome.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide