Forums59
Topics1,039,295
Posts13,962,404
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001160 05/17/21 09:26 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I knew about this a while back. Local landscaper is busier than ever and hired folks and took over $200k in tax money. I used them for one project years ago and they were just criminals/crooks. Tried to stiff me on a dead tree and I filed on the BBB. I told them I was required to pay cash and got no receipt, and they then claimed that it wasn't Jones Landscaping that had done the work, but just some employees on their own. I screen shotted it along with a copy of my bank statement and the texts with the owner from when we arranged the job and told them if they made any more false claims, I was sending all of that to the IRS. Never heard another word....

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001167 05/17/21 09:33 PM
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
It's all in the plan.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: WAWI] #14001179 05/17/21 09:51 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
I think you have to look back and recall the times, businesses were literally shut down over night. Time was of the essence. The sheer scope of the deal made oversight next to impossible. I can tell you I had to send in a large amount of documentation both for the application process and the forgiveness process and that was for relative small amounts. I know that if you received over a certain amount the forgiveness process took much longer. As to the payback by the tax payers, guess what business owners are the ones who pay the most in taxes by far. The way I look at it is I have paid millions in taxes over the years, you want to throw me a bone for shutting me down then by all means I'll take it. Now, the people inventing employees, falsifying companies etc etc is a different story they committed fraud. I would also add that alot of the spending now is by companies who are flush with cash from the program and that trickles out every where.

My understanding is that this deal has added up to 950 billion dollars. That doesn’t include stimulus money, or the unemployment bonuses. That’s a lot of billions.

Again, my opinion doesn’t matter, because it already happened. I’m not in favor of kicking the can down the road for generation after generation. I was never in favor of any type of shutdown. These sons of bitches spend our money as fast as they can.

I understand that not doing it would have seriously hurt the velocity of money. But, doing what they did is just a can kick. At some point you have to stop the bleeding.

I don’t blame anyone for taking it. I blame those that offered it.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14001181 05/17/21 09:52 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by NoconaBrian

I don't think anyone is pissed at legit business that took money, I'm absolutely not. I have several friends who own restaurants or similar service type businesses that've had it a whole lot rougher than me the past 18 months, but they're not the ones buying new overpriced trucks and houses and flaunting it. IMO it's the folks who people know that AREN'T good businessmen who've taken advantage of it under multiple business names or the spouse double dips as a "bookkeeper" or something like that, that've gotten everyone riled up. Time will tell, I've certainly lost respect for some close friends after browsing through it.

This exacty, some legitimately took the money but from what I'm looking at a 50% of those who filed for the PPP didn't need it at all mad

Define need in this statement, I didnt "need" it. I could have layed off 70 percent, ground it out and it really would not have changed my life one bit. I would still have bought a boat..... I needed to get it because my competitors were getting it and if they were gonna be flush with cash and be able to pay top dollar to employees, make improvements etc then I'm stupid to not get it. To quote Vito Corleone "your enemy gets strong on what you leave behind" lol I dont know who else said it but it is a truth. And as to those fancy trucks and houses I suspect that the same ones with those now had them before. I dont question when a business owners buys [censored] like that. What I question is how joe blow buys [censored] like that. That's what makes no sense.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: Davedave] #14001184 05/17/21 09:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Davedave
I think you have to look back and recall the times, businesses were literally shut down over night. Time was of the essence. The sheer scope of the deal made oversight next to impossible. I can tell you I had to send in a large amount of documentation both for the application process and the forgiveness process and that was for relative small amounts. I know that if you received over a certain amount the forgiveness process took much longer. As to the payback by the tax payers, guess what business owners are the ones who pay the most in taxes by far. The way I look at it is I have paid millions in taxes over the years, you want to throw me a bone for shutting me down then by all means I'll take it. Now, the people inventing employees, falsifying companies etc etc is a different story they committed fraud. I would also add that alot of the spending now is by companies who are flush with cash from the program and that trickles out every where.

My understanding is that this deal has added up to 950 billion dollars. That doesn’t include stimulus money, or the unemployment bonuses. That’s a lot of billions.

Again, my opinion doesn’t matter, because it already happened. I’m not in favor of kicking the can down the road for generation after generation. I was never in favor of any type of shutdown. These sons of bitches spend our money as fast as they can.

I understand that not doing it would have seriously hurt the velocity of money. But, doing what they did is just a can kick. At some point you have to stop the bleeding.

I don’t blame anyone for taking it. I blame those that offered it.

In full disclosure there were 2 problems, the initial 8 weeks that went to 24. If it had been 24 weeks to begin with business could have managed it better. The last round of ppp in january was unwarranted in Texas because we were so close to open but giving money to shut down states only would never get them open.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001189 05/17/21 09:59 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Rapid med has 2 locations here. Each location received 450,000.....
I guess people were not sick during the pandemic and the emergency care places had to shut down.......

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: WAWI] #14001210 05/17/21 10:26 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by NoconaBrian

I don't think anyone is pissed at legit business that took money, I'm absolutely not. I have several friends who own restaurants or similar service type businesses that've had it a whole lot rougher than me the past 18 months, but they're not the ones buying new overpriced trucks and houses and flaunting it. IMO it's the folks who people know that AREN'T good businessmen who've taken advantage of it under multiple business names or the spouse double dips as a "bookkeeper" or something like that, that've gotten everyone riled up. Time will tell, I've certainly lost respect for some close friends after browsing through it.

This exacty, some legitimately took the money but from what I'm looking at a 50% of those who filed for the PPP didn't need it at all mad

Define need in this statement, I didnt "need" it. I could have layed off 70 percent, ground it out and it really would not have changed my life one bit. I would still have bought a boat..... I needed to get it because my competitors were getting it and if they were gonna be flush with cash and be able to pay top dollar to employees, make improvements etc then I'm stupid to not get it. To quote Vito Corleone "your enemy gets strong on what you leave behind" lol I dont know who else said it but it is a truth. And as to those fancy trucks and houses I suspect that the same ones with those now had them before. I dont question when a business owners buys [censored] like that. What I question is how joe blow buys [censored] like that. That's what makes no sense.

This. exactly- I was in the same situation as you.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001221 05/17/21 10:39 PM
D
D1988 Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Sheep being lead to slaughter.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001337 05/18/21 12:28 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Boy this one is certainly one of those "well from my standpoint I see it this way" kind of deals. I hate it for all that were negatively impacted by the pandemic. Hope you make a full recovery soon.
Wonder if I say enough nice things I'll get offered a ride in the "new ride".

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001344 05/18/21 12:40 AM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
Peanut wages.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001384 05/18/21 01:08 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
What would the cost of unemployment be if you would have lost 50 percent of the small business that relied on this program. Those people would still be out of work and on government teet. You would be paying for them thru sept and if my guess is right even longer. The financial ramifications would be devastating for the economy. I think the lesson here should be slamming the breaks on the economy is a bad idea. We just aren't built to do that. I said it early on and I'll say it again, body count be damned you have to March forward, period.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: WAWI] #14001398 05/18/21 01:21 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
What would the cost of unemployment be if you would have lost 50 percent of the small business that relied on this program. Those people would still be out of work and on government teet. You would be paying for them thru sept and if my guess is right even longer. The financial ramifications would be devastating for the economy. I think the lesson here should be slamming the breaks on the economy is a bad idea. We just aren't built to do that. I said it early on and I'll say it again, body count be damned you have to March forward, period.

There's no doubt what you say has some truth but you also said this:
"I needed to get it because my competitors were getting it and if they were gonna be flush with cash and be able to pay top dollar to employees, make improvements etc then I'm stupid to not get it." These are the remarks that are a bit difficult to get past.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001401 05/18/21 01:23 AM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Man, I wish old Paycheck was still around

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: SC-001] #14001407 05/18/21 01:30 AM
CaptainCrunch Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
One possibility is that the government can start doing a small set of random audits on those that received checks. Payee should be able to show how the funds were used for paycheck protection. If they can show it, forgive the loan. If they cant show it, consider it a loan with interest. Keep doing audits as long as they are discovering fraud. Might even be a self-funding program.

Re: Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup [Re: Tsunami_1] #14001413 05/18/21 01:34 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1

There's no doubt what you say has some truth but you also said this:
"I needed to get it because my competitors were getting it and if they were gonna be flush with cash and be able to pay top dollar to employees, make improvements etc then I'm stupid to not get it." These are the remarks that are a bit difficult to get past.

Why is it difficult to get past, its reality. The origins of the program were to basically use our payroll delivery structure to deliver benefits in an efficient manner, if you recall there were people calling unemployment office for weeks trying to get thru. We didn't write the rules, nobody asked me what I thought, i just played the game by the rules they put forth. The key to making the program work for you was to be able to function in some basic manner as to break even through the time period spending what you had to spend to qualify for forgiveness. If you were able to generate enough revenue to do so then basically it became free money so to speak. Generating the revenue during the shut down was the hard part but again we are good with calculators generally. Throw in a bit of creativity and you got paid. Truth is if I'd been allowed to operate in a normal manner I would have made more money and probably worked less. I could really burn your steak if I told you it's a non taxable event so I wont tell you that.....lol

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide