Forums59
Topics1,039,312
Posts13,962,704
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: Richard McCarty] #13995581 05/13/21 01:33 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Richard McCarty
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Sometimes the fish are very aggressive and it doesn't matter what color you throw, but I have seem over and over that they will bite a certain color more than the others. I experiment until I find the one they bite the best. I let the fish tell me what they want that day because I have no idea what they want most that day. I also fish different techniques with different baits, not just bait colors.
I was fishing Fork and the bass had been biting South Africa Special very well for three weeks in a row so we began our day using that. No bites and we should have had some. I switched to Junebug/red fishing the same areas and caught fish. My partner stuck with South Africa Special and never got a bite until he switched to Junebug/red, then he caught fish. Color matters to me and to the lakes I fish on so I go with that. I have seen that a color change makes a lot of difference in the number of bites that day, many times over. I don't try to over think fishing, I just let the bass tell me what they want. If color wasn't important, then all you would need is one color in every bait you have in the boat....Right????
How many of you have only one color of everything in the boat??

Your opinion is what makes bass fishing great and lucrative to lure manufacturers. I have no issue with this. I have no issue with your opinion. I simply don’t have the same opinion, and refuse to let color specifics get in my head. I may or may not have caught as many fish as you or bockscar, but in my 37 years on Fork, I caught a ton of fish with my beliefs about color.

Look, im not sure why you think i am questioning your credibility as an angler just because I dont fully agree with you.

How many colors of Senkos, and your favorite creature bait do you carry on your boat on any given day?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: bockscar] #13995592 05/13/21 01:38 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted by bockscar
Sometimes the fish are very aggressive and it doesn't matter what color you throw, but I have seem over and over that they will bite a certain color more than the others. I experiment until I find the one they bite the best. I let the fish tell me what they want that day because I have no idea what they want most that day. I also fish different techniques with different baits, not just bait colors.
I was fishing Fork and the bass had been biting South Africa Special very well for three weeks in a row so we began our day using that. No bites and we should have had some. I switched to Junebug/red fishing the same areas and caught fish. My partner stuck with South Africa Special and never got a bite until he switched to Junebug/red, then he caught fish. Color matters to me and to the lakes I fish on so I go with that. I have seen that a color change makes a lot of difference in the number of bites that day, many times over. I don't try to over think fishing, I just let the bass tell me what they want. If color wasn't important, then all you would need is one color in every bait you have in the boat....Right????

Your opinion is what makes bass fishing great and lucrative to lure manufacturers. I have no issue with this. I have no issue with your opinion. I simply don’t have the same opinion, and refuse to let color specifics get in my head. I may or may not have caught as many fish as you or bockscar, but in my 37 years on Fork, I caught a ton of fish with my beliefs about color.

Look, im not sure why you think i am questioning your credibility as an angler just because I dont fully agree with you.

How many colors of Senkos, and your favorite creature bait do you carry on your boat on any given day?

I don’t have a single senko in my boat. I buy worms or lizards according to size. I put them all into the same bag. Colors are mixed. I’m simply telling you that I don’t let colors get in my head. I will catch a bass on one color, and throw another color on the next cast. How hard is that for you to grasp?

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: Richard McCarty] #13995606 05/13/21 01:49 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by bockscar

I don’t have a single senko in my boat. I buy worms or lizards according to size. I put them all into the same bag. Colors are mixed. I’m simply telling you that I don’t let colors get in my head. I will catch a bass on one color, and throw another color on the next cast. How hard is that for you to grasp?

How hard is it for you to grasp that I grasp what you are saying? Thats cool man, I see you dont like getting pushback on your opinions. Ill just avoid responding to you moving forward, probably be best for both of us 🤷â€â™‚ï¸

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: bockscar] #13995617 05/13/21 01:59 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
I don’t have any problem with anybody with any credibility questioning my opinion.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: bockscar] #13995622 05/13/21 02:05 AM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
The ole make your own color by mixing them. I’ve done that for years, sometimes on purpose and sometimes out of convenience. Caught lots of good fish on create a color. thumb

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: Richard McCarty] #13995848 05/13/21 12:28 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E

I know you are very good at catching fish, very good, and all I am stating in my comments is what works for me. I am not implying that Im a good fisherman by focusing on color as much as I do, that's just what works best for me. Now, I choose the area and various techniques that I plan to fish first before I experiment with color, because that is the first order of business and only then do I experiment with various colors to see which they will bite best that day.. With soft plastics I have 5 different color favorites that I experiment with and about 5 different colors of hard baits that I normally use.

What are your beliefs about color? I would truly like to know.

Last edited by ezbassin; 05/13/21 12:38 PM.
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: ezbassin] #13995877 05/13/21 12:46 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B

I know you are very good at catching fish, very good, and all I am stating in my comments is what works for me. I am not implying that Im a good fisherman by focusing on color as much as I do, that's just what works best for me. Now, I choose the area and various techniques that I plan to fish first before I experiment with color, because that is the first order of business and only then do I experiment with various colors to see which they will bite best that day.. With soft plastics I have 5 different color favorites that I experiment with and about 5 different colors of hard baits that I normally use.

Dont even bother. Some people are just too sensitive and take things personal when you dont fully agree with their opinion. Its really the way of the world in 2021 🤷â€â™‚ï¸

I googled him and he looks like a hammer who enjoyed Fork during its prime....but he's also a Fork guide it seems....and that tells me a ton LOL. In my short time on here from Lake Fork guides ive learned 2 facts.....1. The Sharelunker program doesnt work and fork is a prime example of it not working 2. Color isnt important, and if you wanna throw a creature bait just load up on every one you can find in the right size and toss it in a single bag and send it!!!

Those fork guides are a strongly opinionated bunch.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: Darin S.] #13995911 05/13/21 01:07 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Darin S.
The ole make your own color by mixing them. I’ve done that for years, sometimes on purpose and sometimes out of convenience. Caught lots of good fish on create a color. thumb

I was on a guide trip with Mark Pack back when he was associated with Lake Fork Tackle and he brought along a bunch of reject baits to see how they would do. They worked pretty well that day.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: ezbassin] #13996302 05/13/21 05:53 PM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R

For what it’s worth, I use water clarity to choose the shade of my baits. The clearer the water, I use a more translucent color than if the water is stained or muddy. For me, this approach has kept it simple, and not a head game. I have not tried to convince any body that my approach is the only approach, but for me, it keeps my focus on the aspects that I believe are more important. I may have caught more fish in my career if I put more emphasis on color, but again, I may not have. I used the same approach all over the U.S., and was fairly successful, not just on Fork. Thanks.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks 🤔 [Re: Donald Harper] #13996315 05/13/21 05:59 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Donald Harper
A bass has a brain the size of a pea. We have a brain considerably bigger. In fishing, our brain tends to induce magical powers into a fishes brain. I personally never let color get in my head, as it’s the least important factor in catching fish.

Amen. Find feeding fish and they will bite a Chicken Nugget.
roflmao

But can they see the brown? That is the question. roflmao
I do think color has an impact. I used to not believe that as much as I do now until it happened to me at Falcon. It happened again at El Salto. Maybe it's a Mexican thing but them fish definitely preferred one color soft plastic over anything else. Watermelon/Red by the way. I don't know what they can or can't see but down there one reigns supreme IMO.

Last edited by SAKS; 05/13/21 06:24 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide