Forums59
Topics1,039,221
Posts13,961,169
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13993297 05/11/21 04:17 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
Red hooks are a gimmick. Never used them and never tend too.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: Richard McCarty] #13994022 05/12/21 12:50 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Richard McCarty
I really donā€™t think anybody can make a legitimate argument for or against the question about bass and color. For me, itā€™s about water clarity, and if a bait is too subtle, or too loud. I simply donā€™t let specifics like flake or tail dipping get in my head. If I did, and I ran out of ā€œthe color they wantedā€, Iā€™d have to load my boat and just go home.

I just try several different colors to see which the bass like better on that day. I don't try to determine what they "should bite" I let them tell me which they like best that day, so I experiment until I find the color they like best that day. Who am I do decide what color they should bite???? I let them tell me.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: ezbassin] #13994054 05/12/21 01:09 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted by ezbassin
I really donā€™t think anybody can make a legitimate argument for or against the question about bass and color. For me, itā€™s about water clarity, and if a bait is too subtle, or too loud. I simply donā€™t let specifics like flake or tail dipping get in my head. If I did, and I ran out of ā€œthe color they wantedā€, Iā€™d have to load my boat and just go home.

I just try several different colors to see which the bass like better on that day. I don't try to determine what they "should bite" I let them tell me which they like best that day, so I experiment until I find the color they like best that day. Who am I do decide what color they should bite???? I let them tell me.

Do you stay in one area while changing colors, or do change areas as youā€™re changing colors?

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: Richard McCarty] #13994073 05/12/21 01:22 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B

Do you stay in one area while changing colors, or do change areas as youā€™re changing colors?

I tend to saturate areas to being with.....and I usually change colors while fishing the same waters. Then make my move and keep fishing the newly tied on color. i dont usually move and try a brand new color in the new area. Not sure on ez but thats what I do....and why ive seen the color change make a difference from one cast to the next.

Have you ever changed colors but stuck to the same bait while fishing the same water, and got bit soon after changing colors?

Last edited by bockscar; 05/12/21 01:23 AM.
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13994075 05/12/21 01:23 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
When im in an area that I know that I should have gotten bit but haven't yet, I will change colors and throw to the same spots in that area. Many times I get bit after changing colors. I have no idea what color they prefer that day so I experiment until I find the one they like the best. Simple as that. I let them tell me what they want that day. Then I use that color all over the lake. On some lakes it changes from day to day.

Last edited by ezbassin; 05/12/21 01:26 AM.
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13994079 05/12/21 01:27 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
FWIW....i consider myself a junk fisherman now, and when I saturate areas like I tend to do....i usually throw everything but the kitchen sink. Not every color but i do cycle through presentation types. then on those days that nothing is just getting bit, thats when I usually see those color changes making a difference. Kinda like figuring out a combo lock.....sure the 3rd digit in the combo lock isnt the most important thing in the combo....but if you dont get it right that lock aint opening up.

Thats just my take on colors...but i am bias since I have my theories as a crankbait painter. if I thought it made no difference i would never have dove into the hobby

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13994128 05/12/21 02:11 AM
epicoutdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
When selecting my bait choices in the moment, color is not my main consideration. Bait profiles, dimension, weighting, wider or tighter wobble, flash or more subtle and speed of retrieve are more important to me. I find that these things are difference makers more so than colors. Avoiding sloppy presentations is an important aspect as well. Color consideration comes down to what I think the fish are feeding on and picking a good match but it's more of a lighter or darker thing than about specific colors.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13994137 05/12/21 02:22 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by bockscar

ok

You might want to listen to this man bockscar. He is one of the most talented anglers I have ever known and I know a few.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: Ken A.] #13994254 05/12/21 05:47 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Ken A.

ok

You might want to listen to this man bockscar. He is one of the most talented anglers I have ever known and I know a few.

ok. color doesnt matter.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13994297 05/12/21 11:05 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted by Ken A.

ok

ok. color doesnt matter.

Please quote the post where I said that color doesnā€™t matter. Not letting it get in my head doesnā€™t mean that.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: Richard McCarty] #13994403 05/12/21 12:51 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
A bass has a brain the size of a pea. We have a brain considerably bigger. In fishing, our brain tends to induce magical powers into a fishes brain. I personally never let color get in my head, as itā€™s the least important factor in catching fish.

Ok. Color matters but its the least important factor in catching fish.

How many colors senkos or trick worms do you carry on your boat?

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: bockscar] #13995341 05/12/21 10:53 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Sometimes the fish are very aggressive and it doesn't matter what color you throw, but I have seem over and over that they will bite a certain color more than the others. I experiment until I find the one they bite the best. I let the fish tell me what they want that day because I have no idea what they want most that day. I also fish different techniques with different baits, not just bait colors.
I was fishing Fork and the bass had been biting South Africa Special very well for three weeks in a row so we began our day using that. No bites and we should have had some. I switched to Junebug/red fishing the same areas and caught fish. My partner stuck with South Africa Special and never got a bite until he switched to Junebug/red, then he caught fish. Color matters to me and to the lakes I fish on so I go with that. I have seen that a color change makes a lot of difference in the number of bites that day, many times over. I don't try to over think fishing, I just let the bass tell me what they want. If color wasn't important, then all you would need is one color in every bait you have in the boat....Right????
How many of you have only one color of everything in the boat??

Last edited by ezbassin; 05/12/21 10:55 PM.
Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: ezbassin] #13995483 05/13/21 12:40 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Sometimes the fish are very aggressive and it doesn't matter what color you throw, but I have seem over and over that they will bite a certain color more than the others. I experiment until I find the one they bite the best. I let the fish tell me what they want that day because I have no idea what they want most that day. I also fish different techniques with different baits, not just bait colors.
I was fishing Fork and the bass had been biting South Africa Special very well for three weeks in a row so we began our day using that. No bites and we should have had some. I switched to Junebug/red fishing the same areas and caught fish. My partner stuck with South Africa Special and never got a bite until he switched to Junebug/red, then he caught fish. Color matters to me and to the lakes I fish on so I go with that. I have seen that a color change makes a lot of difference in the number of bites that day, many times over. I don't try to over think fishing, I just let the bass tell me what they want. If color wasn't important, then all you would need is one color in every bait you have in the boat....Right????

Im of very similar thinking to you.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: ezbassin] #13995537 05/13/21 01:11 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R

Your opinion is what makes bass fishing great and lucrative to lure manufacturers. I have no issue with this. I have no issue with your opinion. I simply donā€™t have the same opinion, and refuse to let color specifics get in my head. I may or may not have caught as many fish as you or bockscar, but in my 37 years on Fork, I caught a ton of fish with my beliefs about color.

Re: Lets talk about the color red....on hooks šŸ¤” [Re: Richard McCarty] #13995560 05/13/21 01:25 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

Your opinion is what makes bass fishing great and lucrative to lure manufacturers. I have no issue with this. I have no issue with your opinion. I simply donā€™t have the same opinion, and refuse to let color specifics get in my head. I may or may not have caught as many fish as you or bockscar, but in my 37 years on Fork, I caught a ton of fish with my beliefs about color.

Get a YouTube channel Richard and some guys will start listening!
roflmao

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide