Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Unemployment [Re: bloo_rainger] #13974663 04/26/21 08:40 PM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
I don’t see the problem there are some 6000 people a day coming in without permission, and 1.5 million a year coming in with permission. They just need to get work permits issued.

Re: Unemployment [Re: Techfisher] #13974750 04/26/21 09:26 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Techfisher
Bingo...jj4mel hit it on the head. It's about the wages people. Somebody earlier said they were having problems finding people to work in their mfg plants. So my question is this...what per hour wage are you offering..?? People forget that while benefits are a perk the benefits don't pay the rent. It all comes down to the profit margin for the business. If the owner wants to drag in 6 figures for themselves then they figure what their other expenses are and then figure wages from there. Business is not bean bag and some are cut throat in their approach to business. Many companies today treat employees as a commodity and as such they are replaceable at a moments notice. Many of you folks have seen this attitude I'm sure. While it's nice to say it shouldn't be that way it is what it is.

Everybody is real quick to criticize people for not looking for jobs while they sit in their 2000sq ft house, drive nice trucks and have a boat. You may have worked hard to get there but sometimes other people aren't so lucky for whatever reason. I have been on both sides of the fence....had money, lost it all and had to start over. I was fortunate to have some marketable skills. But that was no guarantee I'd land a job. And when I did it was for 1/3 of what I made before and I was glad to get it because I was over 55.

i am sure there are people who will work the system as long as they can. And there are those who have limited skill sets that will never rise above where they are at. I have learned to not judge people because they dont have a job or are stuck in a low wage job.

Except for luck and a good start in life I could have been one of those people and so could many of you.

With most publicly held companies it is all about pleasing the shareholders. I worked for a public company that was bought out by a private equity firm. Of course we were all worried but it turned out for the better. Yes the partners were focused on profits but they understood the value of their employees.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Unemployment [Re: Stump jumper] #13974780 04/26/21 09:44 PM
K
kcb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Bingo...jj4mel hit it on the head. It's about the wages people. Somebody earlier said they were having problems finding people to work in their mfg plants. So my question is this...what per hour wage are you offering..?? People forget that while benefits are a perk the benefits don't pay the rent. It all comes down to the profit margin for the business. If the owner wants to drag in 6 figures for themselves then they figure what their other expenses are and then figure wages from there. Business is not bean bag and some are cut throat in their approach to business. Many companies today treat employees as a commodity and as such they are replaceable at a moments notice. Many of you folks have seen this attitude I'm sure. While it's nice to say it shouldn't be that way it is what it is.

Everybody is real quick to criticize people for not looking for jobs while they sit in their 2000sq ft house, drive nice trucks and have a boat. You may have worked hard to get there but sometimes other people aren't so lucky for whatever reason. I have been on both sides of the fence....had money, lost it all and had to start over. I was fortunate to have some marketable skills. But that was no guarantee I'd land a job. And when I did it was for 1/3 of what I made before and I was glad to get it because I was over 55.

i am sure there are people who will work the system as long as they can. And there are those who have limited skill sets that will never rise above where they are at. I have learned to not judge people because they dont have a job or are stuck in a low wage job.

Except for luck and a good start in life I could have been one of those people and so could many of you.

With most publicly held companies it is all about pleasing the shareholders. I worked for a public company that was bought out by a private equity firm. Of course we were all worried but it turned out for the better. Yes the partners were focused on profits but they understood the value of their employees.

Did anyone see the article about the Gamestop executives? Stock is through the roof so time to saddle up and leave with the goods. The CEO was there about 2 years and due to the big play on GME this year there is a 9 figure exit package.

Re: Unemployment [Re: bloo_rainger] #13974903 04/26/21 11:17 PM
N
n2ratfishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Well said tech fisher.

Some people get few mulligan's on the bad choices they made. America as a whole worships the dollar instead of God. There is the root of our issues. You'll never regulate morality!

I find people live up to expectations, including low expectations.

Re: Unemployment [Re: bloo_rainger] #13974904 04/26/21 11:19 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I have been employed every single day of my life....since I was 14 years old. It ain’t hard to keep a job, stay off drugs, and be a contributing member of civilized society. I’m not a genius. It doesn’t take one either.

....nowadays this world is full of lazy, stupid people. I think 70% of the people I see every day are not capable of being self sufficient.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Unemployment [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13975378 04/27/21 09:21 AM
B
BJH ( JUST JIGGING) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
70% ???? 90% would starve to death if they were locked in a grocery store!!!!!

I would agree with you , but then we would both be WRONG !!!!!
Re: Unemployment [Re: kcb] #13975477 04/27/21 12:10 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by kcb
Originally Posted by Stump jumper

Did anyone see the article about the Gamestop executives? Stock is through the roof so time to saddle up and leave with the goods. The CEO was there about 2 years and due to the big play on GME this year there is a 9 figure exit package.

The caveat here is it is mostly stock. They won't see a dime until they sell. I believe that there are some restrictions on when they can cash out. When they do they might have to pay uncle Biden 50%.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Unemployment [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13975802 04/27/21 04:46 PM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I have been employed every single day of my life....since I was 14 years old. It ain’t hard to keep a job, stay off drugs, and be a contributing member of civilized society. I’m not a genius. It doesn’t take one either.

....nowadays this world is full of lazy, stupid people. I think 70% of the people I see every day are not capable of being self sufficient.
This...

Re: Unemployment [Re: bloo_rainger] #13975813 04/27/21 04:52 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
They'll have to find a job eventually. Unemployment doesn't last forever but assume some will hold out as long as possible,

Re: Unemployment [Re: fishslime] #13975842 04/27/21 05:13 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by fishslime
They'll have to find a job eventually. Unemployment doesn't last forever but assume some will hold out as long as possible,

Butttt,
what if it does last forever?
i'm tired of being one of the ones who have to fund this life for the rest.
i'm ready to be taken care of.

Re: Unemployment [Re: Techfisher] #13975880 04/27/21 05:42 PM
S
sdbrison Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S

Yep. I was blessed to have been taught the value of work but it could have very well been otherwise.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide